RCMP raids Tory party headquarters

LOL. You dare compare some creative accounting of $1 million dollars to the hundreds of millions of dollars outright stolen through AdScam?

Good value if it helped steal an election. Short shelf value if it leads to convictions and defeat.

Add to the the $2 Billion Gun registry boondoogle....add to that...lol I'll stop there....lol...stop embarrassing yourselves now...please...lol.

The embarrassment will be if the Tories eliminate that program now when the police say it is a tool they access 5000 times a day.

The other embarrassment is the scattergun desperate criticism to divert from the RCMP raid on Tory headquarters.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adscam was merely creative invoicing.

Was it wrong? Yes it was. Is "in and out" money wrong? Yes it is.

So we have two criminal groups. Just one that should get a break. The spin here is fun to read , no not just yours.

Every single political party practices in and out accounting during an election.

Again these charges are alleged not proven. There is a huge difference.

Please stop speaking as if it is fact, like Gomery/Adscam is fact, it isn't even close to the same thing.

Let's try to keep this based on factual information not media spin, o.k. ?

You keep saying this over and over (alomost as tyhough you want it to become fact!!) But we've seen no proof of this. Please provide a cite or stop saying it.

It isn't published that I know of. They said it today on ctv news.

Every party uses creative accounting practices. (I quoted this already in this topic)

CPC isn't alone in this. It's called smart accounting by resourceful minds.

Please stop speaking as if it is fact, like Gomery/Adscam is fact, it isn't even close to the same thing.

Every single political party practices in and out accounting during an election.

Let's try to keep this based on factual information not media spin, o.k. ?

What they did is not disputed and creative accounting or not it was wrong. People are being reimbursed for money they did not spend so the party could spend more advertising outside their ridings. Legal or not it is nothing more then stealing from the taxpayer.

Those resourceful minds earned a raid from the police and Elections Canada.

That resourceful accounting left even some Tories suspicious of the practice. So much so that some have left the party or decided not to run again.

Every party uses creative accounting practices. (I quoted this already in this topic)

AND I QUOTE "The Conservatives contend that this "in-and-out" scheme is perfectly legal and that other parties do it, too. No we don't, says NDP MP Jean Crowder. Nor us, says the Liberals' Keith Martin, adding that he didn't recall it happening when he was in the Reform Party, either."

Every other party is saying "We did not do this" you guys are the only ones saying they did it too and there seems to be a reason you guys are the only ones being charged with it. Stop it with the everyone else does it arguement that was created by the conservatives to try and spin this, prove it or it isn't true.

I give the facts. I'm sorry if it is hard for some to swallow, the truth often does that to people.

The facts are the Tories had their headquarters raided for the first time in Canadian history.

The facts are that no other party has been implicated in this scheme by Elections Canada.

AND I QUOTE "The Conservatives contend that this "in-and-out" scheme is perfectly legal and that other parties do it, too. No we don't, says NDP MP Jean Crowder. Nor us, says the Liberals' Keith Martin, adding that he didn't recall it happening when he was in the Reform Party, either."

Every other party is saying "We did not do this" you guys are the only ones saying they did it too and there seems to be a reason you guys are the only ones being charged with it. Stop it with the everyone else does it arguement that was created by the conservatives to try and spin this, prove it or it isn't true.

Quotes by Liberals, whom have zero credibility to speak of due to the AdScam situation so they are discounted immediately and the NDP? The NDP has what $5 to account for every election?

Quotes by Liberals, whom have zero credibility to speak of due to the AdScam situation so they are discounted immediately and the NDP?

Elections Canada has only gone after the Tories. They are an independent agency and Harper appointed they very latest Chief Electoral Officer. He can't very well say that a Liberal appointee is after him.

Elections Canada has only gone after the Tories. They are an independent agency and Harper appointed they very latest Chief Electoral Officer. He can't very well say that a Liberal appointee is after him.

Jdobbin, finally you speak based on fact not rhetoric and bias.

I agree with you 100% and I am sure this has crossed his mind.

They still have to prove these allegations however before people get ready for the stake.

Quotes by Liberals, whom have zero credibility to speak of due to the AdScam situation so they are discounted immediately and the NDP? The NDP has what $5 to account for every election?

Hahahahahaha you are clinging to straws here aren't you? let me quote you "I dismiss around easily 60% of the country becuase I feel like it, and there you go see after i get ride of all those the conservatives are the only real choice." Ok that should be your guys campaign slogan PROVE SOMETHING COMING FROM A SOURCE OTHER THEN PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THE LAST ELECTION AND WHO ARE STEALING OUR MONEY TODAY!!! Ps the liberal use to be reform party and they didn't do that either deal with it.

Hahahahahaha you are clinging to straws here aren't you? let me quote you "I dismiss around easily 60% of the country becuase I feel like it, and there you go see after i get ride of all those the conservatives are the only real choice." Ok that should be your guys campaign slogan PROVE SOMETHING COMING FROM A SOURCE OTHER THEN PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THE LAST ELECTION AND WHO ARE STEALING OUR MONEY TODAY!!! Ps the liberal use to be reform party and they didn't do that either deal with it.

Please, lets keep this a nice political discussion based on facts and not on rhetoric.

We must keep reasonable dialog open 'punked' and resort to these types of mudslinging attacks which are baseless and fact deficient.

Please, lets keep this a nice political discussion based on facts and not on rhetoric.

We must keep reasonable dialog open 'punked' and resort to these types of mudslinging attacks which are baseless and fact deficient.

Oh I am sorry you did not dismiss parties who when taken together represent the majority of Canadians? Oh you forgot to mention AD SCAM in that post btw you might want to edit it.

Oh I am sorry you did not dismiss parties who when taken together represent the majority of Canadians? Oh you forgot to mention AD SCAM in that post btw you might want to edit it.

Lol, I'll work on that.

It's hard being a voice of reason and common sense...

I would never do such a thing. it is important to get all of the information before making a decision.

Yes, that is how the right wing is framing the election. They says that Elections Canada is biased against them and then repeated the whopper that the Liberals were somehow informed about it all even before the raid.
Judging by Harper's comments in New Orleans, he has no intention of running a campaign on an anti-Ottawa and an anti-Toronto media theme. And Harper's right.

Such a campaign would just make the Tories look like Angry White Men. Now, that's not a bad demographic in English and French Canada but it's a bit risky and I don't think there's a majority there. OTOH, Harper has staked out his markers and when the campaign rolls around, he can take the high road with a good, positive campaign.

Harper has a good political nose.

Anyway, it should be clear to all that the days of the Ottawa Liberal Politically Correct Commissars and of the Sanctimonious Smug Toronto Media Poobahs are numbered. The Internet is doing them all in and it's the Conservatives who will gain the advantage.

Judging by Harper's comments in New Orleans, he has no intention of running a campaign on an anti-Ottawa and an anti-Toronto media theme. And Harper's right.

Such a campaign would just make the Tories look like Angry White Men. Now, that's not a bad demographic in English and French Canada but it's a bit risky and I don't think there's a majority there. OTOH, Harper has staked out his markers and when the campaign rolls around, he can take the high road with a good, positive campaign.

I don't know why they'd change the tactics now. Reports all day are the Tories are going to attack, attack, attack when it comes to Elections Canada.

When the next election comes, he could find several people in his party charged with offences. This isn't going to go away just because Harper says "Truce!"

Harper has a good political nose.

Anyway, it should be clear to all that the days of the Ottawa Liberal Politically Correct Commissars and of the Sanctimonious Smug Toronto Media Poobahs are numbered. The Internet is doing them all in and it's the Conservatives who will gain the advantage.

Yes, that's what this is all about. It is the gross unfairness of two Chief Electoral Officers both appointed by Tory governments and how they somehow turned out to be evil civil servants trying to help the Liberals.

And I thought the right wing was going to take the high road.

Does anyone know why EC had to go to Toronto to get the warrant signed - could they not find a judge to do it closer to home :rolleyes:

I don't know. Do you have an answer or is this the attack that I have predicted on the judiciary?

I don't know. Do you have an answer or is this the attack that I have predicted on the judiciary?

Wrong on this one Dob's. This is the attack on Toronto, Judiciary comes after this one in my Tory song book.

Hey btw... did you hear about ADSCAM?????

Edited by Shakeyhands

Yes, that's what this is all about. It is the gross unfairness of two Chief Electoral Officers both appointed by Tory governments and how they somehow turned out to be evil civil servants trying to help the Liberals.
Charged with offences? We are far, far from that stage now.

Meanwhile, if there are charges being laid, it is senior Liberal Party activists who are being charged, being convicted and are going to jail.

----

Dobbin, the Liberal Party stole money from taxpayers. They almost got away with it because the Liberal Party knows how to keep all the so-called watchdogs happy with the occasional bone.

This dispute between Elections Canada and the Tories is entirely different. This is an Ottawa bureaucracy that is playing politics. It's called a turf war. Specifically, Elections Canada believes that it has the power to decide what politicians can and cannot do during elections. Stephen Harper has always contested this. The two are fighting this out in the only way Ottawa bureaucrats know.

Harper is smart because he's backing away and taking the high ground. He's going over their heads and reminding Canadians that the Conservative Party has always followed the law as it is understood. Frankly, the whole thing is stupid and there's a good chance it will disappear from the headlines in a week or so. It's hardly a new story.

BTW, you'll notice that the Elections Canada has not obtained a search warrant or investigated any other party. Have you ever wondered why?