Aboriginal Self-Government

Act? Isn't it the other way around? The way mainstream society acts? The rightwing nuts and all their leaders are worse than kids. You come over here and murder the indians, molest their kids, rape their women, commit acts of arson, squat on the land and force them onto reserves and expect them to not say or do anything about it? Then you act as though you've done them one great big favour? What are you whining about? You got free land to squat on so you can have your tax money...if you don't like it go back to whee you came from....bunch of whiners who act worse than kids

The successful Oprahish blacks have sold out their poor brothers...the Native leadership has succumbed to the worse parts of human nature - power mongering and greed. The average native is betrayed and destroyed by the white elite and their Native elite. So don't say we have spoiled our natives or blacks..ask any tough no nonsense buisnessman or high ranking political leader....they HATE the average native and black...what was once a tall and pround race was systemically destroyed out of sheer genetic jealousy - via conspiracy. I saw a broken down native today - he looked like he was sodomized literally and figuratively since birth - it's a slow genocide of the originals.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The successful Oprahish blacks have sold out their poor brothers...the Native leadership has succumbed to the worse parts of human nature - power mongering and greed. The average native is betrayed and destroyed by the white elite and their Native elite. So don't say we have spoiled our natives or blacks..ask any tough no nonsense buisnessman or high ranking political leader....they HATE the average native and black...what was once a tall and pround race was systemically destroyed out of sheer genetic jealousy - via conspiracy. I saw a broken down native today - he looked like he was sodomized literally and figuratively since birth - it's a slow genocide of the originals.

Thnk deeply(if you can) about why this bothers you? That guy didn't have a dirty conscience, but you sure do...one day your words will come back to haunt you :( Natives can't make you feel guilty--You're the one with the guilt....

Thnk deeply(if you can) about why this bothers you? That guy didn't have a dirty conscience, but you sure do...one day your words will come back to haunt you :( Natives can't make you feel guilty--You're the one with the guilt....

What guilt? You are attemtping to install something in me unjustly. I have not profited though the persecution of others! Perhaps you have? My conscience is clear - and I am ready to judge and do not fear being judged ..before you jump on me you had better understand who you are trying to attempt to convert into an advesary..You are barking up the wrong tree and your typical conservative liberal reverse and vacilation of realtiy will not fly with me - I have seen it all and really don't what to play - besides..you subtly threaten - I don't like that - you don't threated because someone tells you the truth? Or do you?

Act? Isn't it the other way around? The way mainstream society acts? The rightwing nuts and all their leaders are worse than kids. You come over here and murder the indians, molest their kids, rape their women, commit acts of arson, squat on the land and force them onto reserves and expect them to not say or do anything about it? Then you act as though you've done them one great big favour? What are you whining about? You got free land to squat on so you can have your tax money...if you don't like it go back to whee you came from....bunch of whiners who act worse than kids

I think Canada has been extremely generous to it's natives. I would love for them to be successful like other ethnic groups. Like I said, if you ever speak to Inuit people from Greenland they do not get on with the same foolishness as Canadian natives.

I think Canada has been extremely generous to it's natives. I would love for them to be successful like other ethnic groups. Like I said, if you ever speak to Inuit people from Greenland they do not get on with the same foolishness as Canadian natives.

You my friend have been consuming way too much of that Russian Vodka. I find it hard to believe that you'd go all the way to Greenland just to "slam" Canadian Natives....damn that must be good vodka ;)

You my friend have been consuming way too much of that Russian Vodka. I find it hard to believe that you'd go all the way to Greenland just to "slam" Canadian Natives....damn that must be good vodka ;)

I was never in Greenland but I have met people from there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against natives, I would like to see them become successful. I see absolutely no reason why they can't be successful. I think in years past Canada has been almost too generous to native Canadians and has supressed their natural instincts to look after themselves.

I was never in Greenland but I have met people from there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against natives, I would like to see them become? successful. I see absolutely no reason why they can't be successful. I think in years past Canada has been almost too generous to native Canadians and has supressed their natural instincts to look after themselves.

How narrow your mind and eyes must be, if you do not see the flourishing Native societies booming in Canada. A conditioned mind is a waste of space.

Generous? Yes, I agree the government and the 'citizens' they favor- gave us way too much disease and genocidal torture that has continued for generations. Oh my, we should be so grateful for all the times they have paid for our relocation moves every time someone wanted the land(resource$) we resided on...oh and THANK YOU for taking so many of our children during the sixties and seventies. It was so generous of "Canada" to ban our languages, customs and prevent authentic history from being taught in the schools.

Yeah, you're not against Natives, but you're not in favor of them or their success either.

H during the sixties and seventies.

Right there you have it wrong already. I went to school in the 70's... with natives. Regular public school.

The residential schools were closed down (no I have no link for you sorry) before the 1970's.

Amazing how the propaganda just keeps flowing... in 2015 natives will be telling people they were in residential schools in the 90's. :rolleyes:

Right there you have it wrong already. I went to school in the 70's... with natives. Regular public school.

The residential schools were closed down (no I have no link for you sorry) before the 1970's.

Amazing how the propaganda just keeps flowing... in 2015 natives will be telling people they were in residential schools in the 90's. :rolleyes:

So I guess the children that were rampantly apprehended by social services, from alleged 'unfit' parents, don't count at all? It wasn't until there was more and more demands for investigations that these actions SLOWLY deceased.

Wow, you really knew some Natives! You must be an expert then!

Save your text book education for a real discussion, where your trivial two bits might be worth something.

So I guess the children that were rampantly apprehended by social services, from alleged 'unfit' parents, don't count at all? It wasn't until there was more and more demands for investigations that these actions SLOWLY deceased.

Save your text book education for a real discussion, where your trivial two bits might be worth something.

I think children should be rampantly left with unfit parents. Especially in winter.

The problem today is that Social Services leaves native children in the care of "relatives" and even when a good family is available, they take the child back to the reserve.

A native woman I know was fostering a 16 yo. The 16 yo had baby and then ran away leaving the baby with the native foster parents. Social Services and the baby's "band" took the baby away from a perfectly good home (off reserve home with a successful business owning native family) because they said he must be raised by the "band". There goes his life. All in the name of political correctness. The native foster mom was heartbroken -- she had the baby in her care for 2 years. I guess she wasn't "Indian" enough as she was successful and lived off reserve. :rolleyes:

What I said was that in the 1970's native kids were going to the same public school as me. And if they were in public school, how could they ALSO be in residential school? I was pointing out the fact that you are wrong.

Because I, as a taxpayer, pay for your very existence, you are damned right I am going to put in my "two bits". Don't want my nose in your business? Get off reserve and become a contributing member of society instead of a taker.

Edited by Drea

The problem today is that Social Services leaves native children in the care of "relatives" and even when a good family is available, they take the child back to the reserve.

A native woman I know was fostering a 16 yo. The 16 yo had baby and then ran away leaving the baby with the native foster parents. Social Services and the baby's "band" took the baby away from a perfectly good home (off reserve home with a successful business owning native family) because they said he must be raised by the "band". There goes his life. All in the name of political correctness. The native foster mom was heartbroken -- she had the baby in her care for 2 years. I guess she wasn't "Indian" enough as she was successful and lived off reserve. :rolleyes:

What I said was that in the 1970's native kids were going to the same public school as me. And if they were in public school, how could they ALSO be in residential school? I was pointing out the fact that you are wrong.

Because I, as a taxpayer, pay for your very existence, you are damned right I am going to put in my "two bits". Don't want my nose in your business? Get off reserve and become a contributing member of society instead of a taker.

Drea you talked as though you are the only "great indian" who has worked hard. I know lots of natives who worked hard and were off-reserve, non-status, tax-payers etc. I knew this one lady in school, looked non-native but had a status card, but would she let the other student body know of her status etc and her source of funding? I wonder if that was you?

Nah, I am blonde...took after my German roots...I only just found out last weekend that my great grandmother was native... I always wondered why my mom, brother and sister had such dark brown eyes and straight hair -- now we know! :lol:

Reserves should be abolished as they perpetuate the whole stereotype of the "drunken Indian". I am not against natives -- I am against keeping a people in poverty for life by making them dependent on handouts.

Had my hair done yesterday by that same native foster mom. She is an awesome person, not because she is native but because she is funny, personable and an incredible hairstylist. She is so good at her profession that I paid her $135 for my hairstyle and no one else is ever touching my hair!

The last church-run residential school closed in 1976. The last government-run residential school actually closed in 1996. Urban natives always went to mainstream schools and were not generally subject to the residential school target.

However, the child displacement is still going on. Late last fall Chief Phil Fontaine announced that there were more native children in foster care than all of the children that went through the residential school system. Same purpose, different tactic.

YOU DO NOT PAY FOR MY EXISTENCE, so get off your high horse breathe some reality. You know nothing of who I am , nor what I contribute. That racial statement alone confirms that your are presumptuous, and the fact that you have some "Native" gene in your quantum, does not qualify you in any means as someone who has any validity when discussing Native issues. Obviously, you choose to see what you only want to see. Some " reservations" / Native communities are absolutely beautiful, STUNNING in fact- being that I have been to nearly 200 of them in various parts of Canada, I can attest to their diversity in customs and general well being.

I am also a taxpayer, and I wish my money could directly towards providing people like you with a proper education.

CharterRights,

Thank you, child displacement is the issue I was trying to point out. I made no mention of residential schools, so I thank you for enlightening those you can with facts.

What are you trying to say Dancer?

Native people are bad parents? Any particular reason you pointed out this article, as sad as it is.

Our societies are not perfect, but we are not all the same. Gee, do all Canadians raise children like Paul Bernardo and Karla Holmoka?

"Caucasian" society suffers from the same types of people and parents as Native people, the only arguable difference is, the media prefers Native stories, because people like you are fascinated with the concept of finding another way to generalize and stereotype our entire nations.

Native people are bad parents? Any particular reason you pointed out this article, as sad as it is.

Our societies are not perfect, but we are not all the same. Gee, do all Canadians raise children like Paul Bernardo and Karla Holmoka?

"Caucasian" society suffers from the same types of people and parents as Native people, the only arguable difference is, the media prefers Native stories, because people like you are fascinated with the concept of finding another way to generalize and stereotype our entire nations.

The difference is that many native people can point to the legacy of the residential school to explain where their behavior was learned. On the other hand violent behavior and thinking is inherent in colonial mindset. Many Canadians often resort to violence when they can't get their way.

The difference is that many native people can point to the legacy of the residential school to explain where their behavior was learned. On the other hand violent behavior and thinking is inherent in colonial mindset. Many Canadians often resort to violence when they can't get their way.

Interesting.

I pointed it out to correct the assumption being put here that children's aid is some nefarious plot designed to separate children from caring, able and loving parents. Children's aid step in when parents are unfit. There is no other reason.

And in this case, they missed two.

Are native people bad parents? I'm sure some are great. And I'm also sure that in the majority of cases where children's aid has removed children it is because the parents aren't fit to raise budgies.

LOL, the last residential school closed in 1996.

"Ignornace breeds Drea"

Want information <http://www.fsin.com/educationandtraining/downloads/IndianResidentialSchoolOffice-06Sept2007.pdf>

A propaganda site headquarters -http://www.taxpayer.com/main/news.php?news_id=2275

<The federal government thought aboriginal kids, like other kids, should attend school. With that in mind, they began to develop and administer residential schools in 1874 to meet legal obligations under the Indian Act. The schools were located in every province and territory, except Newfoundland, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. Most residential schools were closed by the mid-70s, however the last federally-run residential school closed in 1996.>

LOL, the last residential school closed in 1996.

"Ignornace breeds Drea"

Want information <http://www.fsin.com/educationandtraining/downloads/IndianResidentialSchoolOffice-06Sept2007.pdf>

A propaganda site headquarters -http://www.taxpayer.com/main/news.php?news_id=2275

<The federal government thought aboriginal kids, like other kids, should attend school. With that in mind, they began to develop and administer residential schools in 1874 to meet legal obligations under the Indian Act. The schools were located in every province and territory, except Newfoundland, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. Most residential schools were closed by the mid-70s, however the last federally-run residential school closed in 1996.>

"Background

In 1874, in accordance with a policy of assimilation, the Government of Canada and the Anglican, United, Presbyterian, and Catholic churches developed a nationwide system of residential schools for Aboriginal children that operated for more than 100 years—most extensively from the 1920s to the early 1960s. In 1969 the Canadian Government assumed full responsibility for operating the schools. By the mid-1970's, most residential schools had ceased to operate, with seven remaining open through the 1980's. The last residential school closed in Saskatchewan in 1996.

http://www.ictj.org/en/where/region2/513.html

Yes ignorance prevails!

All I know is British Columbia and in the 1970's in BRITISH COLUMBIA I went to school with numerous natives (rural school not "urban" school).

I grew up in the sparsely populated Cariboo.

The kids would be bussed from Alexis Creek, Anaham (sp) Reserve, the Chilkoot (sp) etc. Some of those kids even had to spend the week away from their families in order to attend school. As far as I know there was no "dorm" at the school and those kids just stayed with other families. My bus ride was only 45 minutes so I got to go home everyday.

But no doubt you believe those kids should not have been ferretted out to other families, but remain uneducated but at home on the rez right.

I have lived in areas of natives and not one, NOT ONE has had an immediate relative who had any experience with residential schools. And those who do mention it (like here on the interet) it's always my uncle's cousin's step sister's half brother's aunt or something like that.

SO yes, I was going on my personal experience. Like the Jews, there is no "real" history regarding natives.... its so muddied by propaganda that it is virtually impossible to find out (link or no link) what is real history and what is made up.

I may be ignorant of the residential housing issue but I know success when I see it and it ain't on no rez that's for sure.

Edited by Drea

but I know success when I see it and it ain't on no rez that's for sure.

LMAO...REALLY? great grammar by the way. Did you get your successful command of the English language with your fancy education? You know...the one my tax dollars pays for?

How many Native communities, HAVE you been to?

You recognizing success is about as likely as it landing in your mirror. But you can always hope!