Conservatives keeping list of Jews

You have obviously missed the point, wich is this: Any politician that would attempt to communicate with me through bogus happy-wishes-for-whatever-holiday-he-thinks-applies, is obviously currying favour and is beneath contempt.

They ALL do that, Every - Single - One.

And have been doing it for decades, at the very least.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought collecting data on religions without consent was beneath most political parties. I certainly think it is a violation of a person's privacy. I wouldn't care what political party did it.

Unless, of course, it was the Liberal Party. Then he'd be on here sneering at anyone who complained, saying the Liberals were just being inclusive and friendly towards ethnic minorities.

Not that the Liberals spend much effort being friendly to Jews, of course.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national...c8e&k=58596

Unsolicited mail that seems to comes from lists people keep makes a lot of people nervous. The fact that the Tories are keeping lists of Jews is rather disturbing.

Why? It's the Liberal party whose members have continually expressed anti-semitic sentiment.

Unless, of course, it was the Liberal Party. Then he'd be on here sneering at anyone who complained, saying the Liberals were just being inclusive and friendly towards ethnic minorities.

Not that the Liberals spend much effort being friendly to Jews, of course.

I have said I wouldn't care what political party was keeping information on people's religion without consent.

Maybe I should complain when I get a Christmas card from my MP.

You know what this is? I guarantee you that it was some "red tory" guy's idea who wanted to be inclusive. Since all the MPs send out Christmas cards to their constituents, somewhere along the line they tried to differentiate between Christians and non-Christians in order to not offend anyone. So then along came some other 'red tory" guy who thought "gee, since we send out Christmas greeting we ought to do the same for other holidays".

And of course, to show you just what slime Liberals are, this is being turned somehow into some kind of "scary scary" thing against Jews. That's especially outrageous as the Tories have been unstinting of their support for Jews and Israel while the Liberals have basically thrown in their lot with the Palestinians and anti-militarist, anti-Jewish groups.

I think there are more important issues to get you knickers in a knot about. All political parties send out greeting cards, and the fact that the recipient is posting about it on rabble tells you that the only reason this person is making an issue out of it is for - guess what - political reasons - she's obviously not a conservative LOL

You know one of the worst things I find in this, is that the privacy Act has been so over utilised in the most foul way possible, to try and achieve political gain. When personal privacy gets to this level of pettiness, then it is time to call a time out. This never was in the spirite of the privacy act and therefore should not even be considered. The courts do recognise the spirite of the laws, and this has been stretched so thin by the liberal trying to make points, that it is totally disgusting and the liberals are even trying to invoke the events of the camps of the WWII times. That is wrong to do and I should hope that it costs them dearly for such an attempt. Just how low can a polical party go, before they say it is too contemptable to do this? the answer is even scarier then the question.

I haven't indicated anything of the sort. Someone in the article expressed concern and gave their reason for it. There was no indication what party affiliation that person had.

I think there are more important issues to get you knickers in a knot about. All political parties send out greeting cards, and the fact that the recipient is posting about it on rabble tells you that the only reason this person is making an issue out of it is for - guess what - political reasons - she's obviously not a conservative LOL

The issue is not the greeting card but the list from which the greeting card came from and how such a list was complied and whether anyone gave consent for their religious information to be gathered.

I have no idea what recipient you are talking about either. The article in the Citizen mentioned a few recipients with concerns.

Edited by jdobbin

The issue is not the greeting card but the list from which the greeting card mail out came from and how such a list was complied and whether anyone gave consent for their religious information to be gathered.

I have no idea what recipient you are talking about either. The article in the Citizen mentioned a few recipients with concerns.

I am sorry JD but you can not have it both ways. It is obvious that the whole posting has a liberal slant and the things it implies are also done with a liberal slant on it. But everyone here knows this and yes they are riled at you, who usually is not this hard headed, but in this case you are wrong and need to just accept the fact that maybe this thread and its implied title was not the best choice you could have made. As for the body of the post you made, you may now want to get away from it, but yes it is very hard to do.

I guess I am also bad for wishing this could get more public screening, because this really does make the Liberal party to look just like they were during Adscam, and yes I want this known for political gain for the CPC. So yes it is wrong of me to want that, only because it is so disgusting. Which though then makes it even more wrong for you to keep trying to defend this. Face it the news media are liberal supportters and they do like to make grandiose stories about how the Harper government is doing all these wrongful things. But this pig does not fly no matter how you dress it. It has backfired here and I think probably to the public as well. I do know that the Jewish people I know will not be offended if they got a card and will look at this attempt to exploit them in this shameful way, as an insult to them. Those who spoke up in this may well be talked to by the rabbi's of there temples, for making such statements with no basis for that kind of thing. But as you say some were not practicing jews, so they will only have themsleves to answer to. I must admit though you did unify many poeple here against what you posted. I have yet to see many things that gelled so greatly with the members here, before. Maybe it is a record.

The issue is not the greeting card but the list from which the greeting card came from and how such a list was complied and whether anyone gave consent for their religious information to be gathered.

Well, one of them (Koffman) posts on Rabble

ALL parties keep such lists, they ALL send out cards and information. The information is gleaned from various sources, much of which is a good guess, sometimes wrong. A good guess would have been the name Koffman being Jewish, which she is actually.

I am sorry JD but you can not have it both ways. It is obvious that the whole posting has a liberal slant and the things it implies are also done with a liberal slant on it. But everyone here knows this and yes they are riled at you, who usually is not this hard headed, but in this case you are wrong and need to just accept the fact that maybe this thread and its implied title was not the best choice you could have made. As for the body of the post you made, you may now want to get away from it, but yes it is very hard to do.

The title is accurate. If it makes you feel better to publicize that your political party keeps lists based on religion without consent, by all means, publicize it.

Well, one of them (Koffman) posts on Rabble

ALL parties keep such lists, they ALL send out cards and information. The information is gleaned from various sources, much of which is a good guess, sometimes wrong. A good guess would have been the name Koffman being Jewish, which she is actually.

I don't go to that forum so I have no idea who she is.

The privacy act has gone after companies and organizations for asking for, acquiring and disseminating information they have no business knowing. I don't think that the political parties should profiling people without their consent. Do you believe the recipients of this mailing that was directed at them by name gave consent?

People, this is an obvious and vile attempt by the OP at linking the CPC to anti-semitism.

38 out of the 92 posts to this point are his.

Is there any attempt at honest debate here?

Please quit feeding these outright attempts at smear and reducing this board to nothing but rabble-Lethbridge.

No doubt, it's a thinly veiled drive by smear tactic. We all get unsolicted mail, email and phone calls...who doesn't. I agree, no point in feeding this one.

People, this is an obvious and vile attempt by the OP at linking the CPC to anti-semitism.

38 out of the 92 posts to this point are his.

Is there any attempt at honest debate here?

Please quit feeding these outright attempts at smear and reducing this board to nothing but rabble-Lethbridge.

Linking the CPC to anti-semetism? really?

No doubt, it's a thinly veiled drive by smear tactic. We all get unsolicted mail, email and phone calls...who doesn't. I agree, no point in feeding this one.

We all get unsolicited mail, true, but not everyone keeps a database of our religious affiliation. Some poeple even feel strongly that no one should keep such personal information without their express knowledge because such information has been misused in the past. How is complaining about that a drive-by smear tactic? You protest far too much.

We all get unsolicited mail, true, but not everyone keeps a database of our religious affiliation.

Yes I'm sure it's done like this throught the 3rd world also.

You have mailing lists for Shiah, Suni, Christian sects, etc.

It's just 3rd world religion meeting politics and this is what Canada loves to foster.

In Ontario if MMP passes, we'll have even more religion meeting politics as we continue to stab our country to death.

Is there no personal information that you don't feel comfortable government, companies and organizations having on you and using without your consent?

We all get unsolicited mail, true, but not everyone keeps a database of our religious affiliation. Some poeple even feel strongly that no one should keep such personal information without their express knowledge because such information has been misused in the past. How is complaining about that a drive-by smear tactic? You protest far too much.

I think you've got it completely.

I have no problem with people sending holiday greeting cards. However, collecting databases without consent is a violation of privacy and the Privacy Act.