The official, what’s your favourite and my wife won’t let me get this

Guest Derek L

Guest Derek L

The topic is rather self explanatory and I’ll start:

My favourite:

(Semi) Automatic pistols:

Bar none, the John Browning linage, my 1911 and Hi-Power

Wheel Guns:

Smith & Wesson territory, the 586/686 and no one’s day can be made without a Model 29

Shotguns:

Semi-Auto: Browning Auto-5

Pump: 870 Wingmaster (stay away from the Express models)

Rimfire:

Ruger 10/22 & SR-22 and Ruger Standard models

Bolt Action Rifles:

Lee Enfield No 4 various marks

I’d just purchased a Mauser K98 (Sniper model with Zeiss optics) that could give it a run for it’s money….TBD

Lever Action:

Winchester 94.……Is there anything else?

Pump Action:

Remington 760.…..Is there anything else?

Semi-Auto (Civilian):

Ruger Mini 14 and 30s

Semi-Auto (Military)

M1 Garand with the Russian SKS a close second

What I’d like:

Colt Python

Colt Peacemaker (original, not reproduction)

Colt/ArmaLite/Bushmaster AR-15

M2 Browning (If I retire in the States)

Swiss Arms Black Rifle

Edited by Derek L

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

get your gun freak on, hey?

Hey, Shakyhands suggested the idea to get the technical aspects out of the political threads……I thought you decried political discussion threads that turn into jingoistic chest thumping of manufactures stats?

Hey, Shakyhands suggested the idea to get the technical aspects out of the political threads……I thought you decried political discussion threads that turn into jingoistic chest thumping of manufactures stats?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well played, my friend and thank-you. Ah, my Sunday is made.

Guest Derek L

The Mini 14 and AK-47 (NATO) are the only weapons I've ever owned. I mean NEVER owned you government spies.

:unsure:

The Mini-14 s are great…….they throw spent casings as far as bullets……And about as accurate too!

As for Government Spies, over a third of my firearms are restricted anyways…….if a NDP Government looks to be taking power, that’s when I "sell" all my non-restricted (sans a few hunting rifles & shotguns) firearms ;)

The Mini-14 s are great…….they throw spent casings as far as bullets……And about as accurate too!

As for Government Spies, over a third of my firearms are restricted anyways…….if a NDP Government looks to be taking power, that’s when I "sell" all my non-restricted (sans a few hunting rifles & shotguns) firearms ;)

One pal has a special area in the bush where he buried the more pricy ones he owns that the government might steal. Grease n' all.

promise... will you enforce it? Seems to me, MLW has had the "Favourite Plane" thread forever... hasn't stopped the PorchDog (and friends) from continually flooding any and every thread with jingoistic military propaganda/paraphernalia/trivia/etc.

promise... will you enforce it? Seems to me, MLW has had the "Favourite Plane" thread forever... hasn't stopped the PorchDog (and friends) from continually flooding any and every thread with jingoistic military propaganda/paraphernalia/trivia/etc.

Here's some more, waldo, sweetie.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/rain3dfx/wambulance.jpg

Guest Derek L

One pal has a special area in the bush where he buried the more pricy ones he owns that the government might steal. Grease n' all.

:lol:

I picked up one of these last week...And let the boys have their pick....Little do they know, for their hard and dirty work, I bought a couple of surplus DDR ammo vests for the bozos.....I’ll have my Soviet rifle section in no time……I’ll have use my CZ 858 as a stand in till I pick-up a SVT40 :lol:

Edited by Derek L

Guest Derek L

I’m not a moderator and have little interest in rereading all 17 F-35 threads……..That said, when the political fencing turns into a discussion relating to the technical ways and means of a topic, one can expect thread drift.

Edited by Derek L

I picked up one of these last week...And let the boys have their pick....Little do they know, for their hard and dirty work, I bought a couple of surplus DDR ammo vests for the bozos.....I’ll have my Soviet rifle section in no time……I’ll have use my CZ 858 as a stand in till I pick-up a SVT40 :lol:

Nice.

With that wee 10 pack you could start arming a small African nation...shhhhhhh. They could all wear berets and Che T-shirts. Classic stuff.

Edited by DogOnPorch

I’m not a moderator and have little interest in rereading all 17 F-35 threads……..That said, when the political fencing turns into a discussion relating to the technical ways and means of a topic, one can expect thread drift.

whaaa! Hey now... just when does "thread drift" become "thread hijacking"? Just sayin

Guest Derek L

I owned a cap pistol when I was a kid. I don't know what model it was. It looked like this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7U8pdRpAwnw/Sh9f7f3e1bI/AAAAAAAAAsY/RdxbdhyRlEE/s1600/Cap+Gun+Closed.jpg

My mommy said I was allowed to have it...

I remember I liked my gun, but I don't play with them now.

That’s interesting, my mommy didn’t mind me having a real guns when I was kid………You have no hobbies or interests as an adult? How boring.

Guest Derek L

Nice.

With that wee 10 pack you could start arming a small African nation...shhhhhhh. They could all wear berets and Che T-shirts. Classic stuff.

You should see the surplus crates of ammo ;)

Guest Derek L

Sweet....Factory 66 stuff. How old?

I’ve got thousands of rounds of Chinese ammo from the 80s and 90s and some corrosive Czech ammo (for the Zombie Apocalypse) from the late 70s and early 80s………NATO 7.62x51 ( = Civilian .308 Winchester) and NATO 5.56x45 ( = Civilian .223 Remington) is released at times to the public but get’s snapped up quick……..Even .303 British still comes up once in a while…..

It's cheaper then buying factory ammo , but can be hard on many commercial, civilian rifles.

I’ve got thousands of rounds of Chinese ammo from the 80s and 90s and some corrosive Czech ammo (for the Zombie Apocalypse) from the late 70s and early 80s………NATO 7.62x51 ( = Civilian .308 Winchester) and NATO 5.56x45 ( = Civilian .223 Remington) is released at times to the public but get’s snapped up quick……..Even .303 British still comes up once in a while…..

It's cheaper then buying factory ammo , but can be hard on many commercial, civilian rifles.

Of course, the Zombie Apocalypse. I mean...what else??

I still love the Lee-Enfield...but, the bolts can get pretty sloppy with time. Need a fired once dropped once from Singapore or something.

Edited by DogOnPorch