Iran threatens to attack its neighbors

B. Max

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Hitler did that for 8 years. You would have admired him too.

Well, you're obviously the fellow to fill us all in on Hitler's admirable qualities, sharing so many of them as you do.

Well I know more about the various philosophies involved in WW II than you do, if that's what you mean.

Well I know more about the various philosophies involved in WW II than you do, if that's what you mean.

There, there, ScottSA. Of course you do. And you know more about plumbing than I do, and more about fishing, and more about Marx, and more about road construction, and more about publishing, and more about geology, and more about Britney Spears, and more about the Manitoba Liquor Control Commission, and more about Thai food, and more about chemicals, and more about all sorts of things you imagine you are brilliant at. There is, in truth, no field in which you are not a genius and an expert. If only you were less selfish, you would have saved the world by now. Oh well.

There, there, ScottSA. Of course you do. And you know more about plumbing than I do, and more about fishing, and more about Marx, and more about road construction, and more about publishing, and more about geology, and more about Britney Spears, and more about the Manitoba Liquor Control Commission, and more about Thai food, and more about chemicals, and more about all sorts of things you imagine you are brilliant at. There is, in truth, no field in which you are not a genius and an expert. If only you were less selfish, you would have saved the world by now. Oh well.

Most of that, but not Britney Speares. I neither know nor want to know much about her. It is a 'her', right? Don't know much about chemicals or road construction or plumbing either, and iffy on geology, but publishing I have down pretty well, and I love fishing But Marx and philosophy? Yup, I gotcha beat there alright.

:lol:

At some point, when your urge to contradict reason and good sense overwhelms you, I predict you will indeed claim to know more about Britney Spears, chemicals, road construction, plumbing or geology than someone else. And you will be as right about that as you are in your self-aggrandizing about those other subjects. I think I'll just save this URL for the occassion. Now, back to the subject that you were so eager to derail...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Iran's leadership. Cunning. If you believe they are working toward nuclear arms (you do, don't you?), then it is obvious that they are succeeding. Has anyone so far been able to stop them? No, so, they are succeeding, which required cunning. Furthermore, they now have their implacable enemy Saddam laid low, and are watching their fellow shiites take over Iraq and stymie the 'Great Satan' USA.

Well, at least Iran did sign the NPT.

Unlike one particular little state who actually HAS nukes and the ability to use them - and of course has threatened to.

That is false.

Israel has never threatened to use weapons that Israel does not acknowledge she possesses.

Wrong again Dancer!!

Revealed: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike on Iran

"ISRAEL has drawn up secret plans to destroy Iran’s uranium enrichment facilities with tactical nuclear weapons.

Two Israeli air force squadrons are training to blow up an Iranian facility using low-yield nuclear “bunker-busters”, according to several Israeli military sources.

The attack would be the first with nuclear weapons since 1945, when the United States dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The Israeli weapons would each have a force equivalent to one-fifteenth of the Hiroshima bomb.

Under the plans, conventional laser-guided bombs would open “tunnels” into the targets. “Mini-nukes” would then immediately be fired into a plant at Natanz, exploding deep underground to reduce the risk of radioactive fallout."

There are more, but you can dig for yourself - as I am not your nanny.

Even if Israel doesn't use tactical nukes, blowing up enrichment plants that are in production will certainly result in fallout - and keep in mind much of this fallout will spread. Particulates in the atmosphere travel a long way.

Iran will not be the first to strike. *if* if happens - it will be a US/Israeli pre-emptive strike.

Oh and by the way Dancer - it matters not that Israel just simply lies about her own nukes - we all KNOW she has them, lots of em too. Hence your point is moot. (Not to mention plain wrong).

I have read that, and I still don't see anything that could be construed as israel threatening anyone with a nuclear attack.....contingency plans are not a threat.

Now explain how israel has lied. You may have to read this for yourself, I am not your comprehension coach.

First, Buffy seems to applaude Iran for signing the NPT and then breaking it, as if this is somehow morally superior to Israel not signing it and therefore not breaking it. I see where Canadian Liberals manage to have the balls to think signing Kyoto and then ignoring it is somehow morally superior to not signing it and therefore not breaking it.

Second, a 'threat' is a government formally announcing a response to a specific action: eg: "if Germany invades Poland, a state of war will exist between Britain and Germany," or "if Iran develops nukes, Israel will use nukes." Specious "contingency plans" leaked by un-named senior officials are simply the usual noise that surrounds international tensions.

First, Buffy seems to applaude Iran for signing the NPT and then breaking it, as if this is somehow morally superior to Israel not signing it and therefore not breaking it. I see where Canadian Liberals manage to have the balls to think signing Kyoto and then ignoring it is somehow morally superior to not signing it and therefore not breaking it.

Second, a 'threat' is a government formally announcing a response to a specific action: eg: "if Germany invades Poland, a state of war will exist between Britain and Germany," or "if Iran develops nukes, Israel will use nukes." Specious "contingency plans" leaked by un-named senior officials are simply the usual noise that surrounds international tensions.

More over, a plan that is supposed to be a secret can hardly be construed as making a threat.