Suspensions and Bannings

Greg

• Forum Admin

The overall quality of the discussions in this forum ebb and flow with the times - sometimes I'm astonished and the thoughtfulness of the postings and other times I'm disgusted. But rest assured, this forum will survive.

I've been developing MLW and moderating these forums for over six years, and I'm confident that things will improve. However, in the mean time I will be handing out suspensions to many of the problem makers I've identified over the past few weeks/months.

The previous reprieve from sub-par postings (during the spring time purge) only lasted a few weeks, and then many of you returned to your previous ignorant behaviour. Unfortunately, I was unable to respond to many of the problems that arose over the past week and half - as I was in Saskatoon at a academic conference (Congress 2007).

If you resorted to using an insult, or broke any other clearly defined forum rule, and I see it in the archives (or into the future), you will be suspended for one month. I don't care if it was made in heist, or if it was made in response to some other injustice thrust upon you - you're gone for one month.

Two wrongs don't make a right - so just because someone breaks the rules, doesn't mean you have to break the rules in retaliation.

And please, no whining or complaining about these suspensions - everyone knows the rules. I just hope that those that return after their one month suspension will think twice about making the same mistake.