Calling Russia & China

This was just reported on CBC tonight. Peter Mackay has called for Russia and China to send troops to Afghanistan! Desperation? Lunacy?

I don't know, but Pinnocchio says he wants these two tyrannies to help establish democracy in Afghanistan. Yeah, right, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

This was just reported on CBC tonight. Peter Mackay has called for Russia and China to send troops to Afghanistan! Desperation? Lunacy?

I don't know, but Pinnocchio says he wants these two tyrannies to help establish democracy in Afghanistan. Yeah, right, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

It's laughable. He might just as well call Chavez, although I think he's kinda busy right now taking care of another problem.

Yes these men, and McKay is a prime example will do anything to keep themselves in power. What they tell us is for our own good, we do not have the brains or the will to understand what these men are doing for our own good.

Mr. Bush, who appears to be their idol, is a prime example of this. Who in their right mind would take Russians back into Afghanistan.

Cite?

Not that it's not enjoyable watching some of the Harper Haters froth at the mouth, of course, but I'd like to read what Mckay said myself.

Could be he's thinking that in Iraq, Britain is leaving after the new PM is in and the US wants to bring home 50% of their soldiers and that will make Afghanistan the next "center" of activity and Canada's troops and NATO's will become more of a target.

It's always best if posters supply a link to the actual story so that the Harper-bashers don't start frothing at the mouth. Now they're all going to need rabies shots thanks to Figleaf. Here's snippets of what MacKay said:

Link: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/070527/cana...to_14&printer=1

Canadian Foreign Minister Peter Mackay on Sunday called for a "greater collective effort" in Afghanistan, saying NATO member states and even Russia and China could do more to help the country.
"It is not just soldiers," Mackay said of the assistance needed, "it is equipment, it is the training they can provide to Afghan officials and security forces, it is the backup, the ability to transport, border security."

"Even non-NATO countries can do more, including ... China and Russia," he said, without elaborating.

Harper-bashers? How out of touch with reality do you have to be that bashing MacKay is automatically considered bashing Harper? Unlike Bush & Cheney, Harper and MacKay are not connected at the hip.

In any case, I would not be surprised if many in Afghanistan would die of thirst before taking water offered by the Russian government. To involve the Russians would seem like a complete betrayal of any good will we may have accumulated.

[sarcasm] MacKay could be hurting the morale of our troops by making suggestions that would invoke hostility among our Afghan allies. [/sarcasm]