May 27, 2007 Walk With Israel

From time to time, there is a "Walk With Israel" demonstration in Toronto during which very large numbers of Israel supporters hold a parade with signs and slogans supporting Israel. Has anybody else noticed that these marches always happen at the same time as Israel mounts a major military offensive against the Palestinians in the West Bank or Gaza? Just curious.

From time to time, there is a "Walk With Israel" demonstration in Toronto during which very large numbers of Israel supporters hold a parade with signs and slogans supporting Israel. Has anybody else noticed that these marches always happen at the same time as Israel mounts a major military offensive against the Palestinians in the West Bank or Gaza? Just curious.

Dealing in absolutes are we?

Regardless, you're also ignoring the fact that rockets have been launched into Israel to initiate the 'defensive' actions by Israel.

Regardless, you're also ignoring the fact that rockets have been launched into Israel to initiate the 'defensive' actions by Israel.

In the Israel/Palestinian conflict, unravelling who started what on a micro-level is a mug's game because the media simply cannot be trusted to provide a clear picture.

(On a macro-level, of course, the causes are much easier to discern and identify.)

Not at all. My post was about the timing of Israeli offensives and the "Walk With Israel" initiative. If you want to talk about rockets, start your own thread and stop hijacking mine.

"Not at all. My post was about the timing of Israeli offensives and the "Walk With Israel" initiative. If you want to talk about rockets, start your own thread and stop hijacking mine.

"

Your point was to infer that the Walk for Israel a charity fund-raising exercise to raise funds for social agencies in Israel that service BOTH Jewish and Non Jwish Israelis equally is in fact a ruse and is in fact carefully planned to serve as propaganda support as part of a conspiracy.

That was your point and as usual is you making slurs about Jews and their motives and trying to suggest they are dishonest and engage in elaborate hoaxes and conspiracies.

Your slur was at Canadian Jews and their motives for supporting Israel.

Your attempt to link a charity event planned years in advance with current political conflict is not only ludicrous but it once again shows the transparency in your agenda.

Spit it out Higgly. Are you suggesting the Walk for Israel is in fact a conspiracy and is in fact timed as part of a world wide Jewish conspiracy? Have the courage to either come clear on your inference or cease and desist with such attempts to constantly smear Jews when they engage in charitable activities.

You bet I am confronting you and calling you out on this.

To disparage and impugn the motives of people involved in charitable efforts with an inference but no basis for your inference is in my opinion as low as it gets.

To disparage and impugn the motives of people involved in charitable efforts with an inference but no basis for your inference is in my opinion as low as it gets.

One may just as well wonder as to why the Palestinians extremists launch their terrorist attacks just before the charity event.

To assume there is a connection between events in Israel and a Toronto charity event is either the height of stupidity or the depths of racist trolling.....

The Walk With Israel campaign is put on every year by the United Jewish Federation. The money raised this year is ear-marked for a day-care centre in Hatzor Haglilit, a Northern Town in Israel, which was attacked during the Lebanese war. It also will provide funds for Ethioopian Women in Kiryat Moshe.

The United Jewish Federation engages in fund-raising activities to fund social projects for all Israelis including Jewish, Muslim and Christian Israelis. Where the money is sent is decided by a committee which liaises with social agencies in Israel to decide where the money is most needed.

Ontario Police Chief Julian Fantino and Stephane Dion were part of the march. So were many non Jews.

To suggest as Higgly does that this charity activity carried out every year at this time by approximately 20,000 people is timed to support the on-going conflicts between Hamas and Al Fatah is ludicrous.

Some ask Higgly to spit it out and tell us if he believes this is not a charity fund raising event and these 20,000 people including Stephane Dion and Julian Fantino are either part of a Zionist propaganda conspiracy or are so stupid that they are all being used.

My blood boils at someone trying to smear the charitable efforts of good, honest decent people.

One may just as well wonder as to why the Palestinians extremists launch their terrorist attacks just before the charity event.

To assume there is a connection between events in Israel and a Toronto charity event is either the height of stupidity or the depths of racist trolling.....

What makes it even more disgusting Dancing Man is that it is public record the UNited Jewish Federation has been putting on this event for years and how much money it raises and where it is used is also public record and I might add much of it goes to social agencies that not only service Jedwish Israelis, but Christian and Muslim Israelis. To me it is nothing more then an anti-semitic sneer at innocent non political efforts to

raise funds for charitable deeds. It is in fact anti-semitic because it has nothing to do with Israel and everything to do with impugning the reputations, motives and character of Canadian citizens simply because they are Jewish.

Would Higgly suggest this about any other ethnic group when they engage in charitable activities?

Its repulsive.

It is stirring to see such large-scale support of Israel in some nation besides Israel and the US. I am proud that it's Canada, one of our close allies.

Yes, the protesters seem to be a dedicated band of warmongers. Quite belligerent with their slogans and comments for onlookers.

If you really want to be shocked - pickup a Jewish Community newspaper - it will be all about hate - pages and pages of it. Quite remarkable. I never knew the Jewish community was impassioned with their own propaganda.

If you really want to be shocked - pickup a Jewish Community newspaper - it will be all about hate - pages and pages of it. Quite remarkable. I never knew the Jewish community was impassioned with their own propaganda.

What a load of horse shit.......

In this month's Canadian Jewish News......

Nazi collaborators lose citizenship

By DAVID LAZARUS Staff Reporter

Sela’s goal to bring Israelis home

By SHERI SHEFA Staff Reporter

Jewish Agency studying new ways to boost aliyah

By PAUL LUNGEN Staff Reporter

Filmmaker takes heat for film on Jesus

I've heard of the Walk With Israel program. It is an annual event usually in the late spring which raises money for causes in Israel. This year's proceeds are earmarked to build a daycare centre in Northern Israel and to fund education programs for immigrants in Jerusalem.

As an annual event, it does not appear likely to be conducted to connect specifically with Israeli military actions. It's more probable that it's logical positioning in late spring is simply coincidental with the military campaign season. Maybe you are confusing 'Walk With Israel' with the numerous more impromptu demonstrations Israel's supporters carry out in direct reaction to events in the ME region.

What a load of horse shit.......

In this month's Canadian Jewish News......

Nazi collaborators lose citizenship

By DAVID LAZARUS Staff Reporter

Sela’s goal to bring Israelis home

By SHERI SHEFA Staff Reporter

Jewish Agency studying new ways to boost aliyah

Filmmaker takes heat for film on Jesus

I don't take kindly to being accused of "horseshit".

Last copy I saw was last week's issue - first 8 pages had 'hate' stories from around the world, starting with the front page.

Like I said, I was shocked to see it.

Try finding these "hate" stories.......

I only have 'off-line' hardcopy newspaper copies to cite for your satisfaction. I actually live in Toronto and that's where the story was referenced and that's where I see the Jewish community newspapers. I don't go around searching for this crap on the net.

Try finding these "hate" stories.......

I only have 'off-line' hardcopy newspaper copies to cite for your satisfaction. I actually live in Toronto and that's where the story was referenced and that's where I see the Jewish community newspapers. I don't go around searching for this crap on the net.

So long as we both agree you can't back up the bullshit...I'll move on....

http://www.cjnews.com

Last copy I saw was last week's issue - first 8 pages had 'hate' stories from around the world, starting with the front page.

And show me one such article that advocated random violence.

And show me one such article that advocated random violence.

Don't waste your time. There is no link to imaginary articles from imaginary newspapers on the web....