Northwest Mounted Police

censored  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The one which matters most to me isn't even up there. That is the RCMP willingly lending themselves to harrassing and intimidation of Francois Beaudoin, the former head of the BDC, who had outed Chretien as forcing the bank to loan money to Chretien's business partner - a man with a criminal past who never repaid the money, but instead used it to pay off Chretien. The RCMP repeatedly raided his home and cottage, and brought lawyers from the bank with them to let them look through Beaudoin's belongings. They also did their best to have the man charged, despite no evidence of wrongdoing. This is the worst example of police being used to harrass political enemies I've ever heard of in Canada. It's still amazing to me how little fuss was made over this case by the media. Or on this site. I guess if it's a "Liberal" government doing the harrassing it's just not that big a deal to the lefties.

Meanwhile we have umpteen complaints because a government worker who deliberately leaked sensitive information was briefly arrested.

The one which matters most to me isn't even up there. That is the RCMP willingly lending themselves to harrassing and intimidation of Francois Beaudoin, the former head of the BDC, who had outed Chretien as forcing the bank to loan money to Chretien's business partner - a man with a criminal past who never repaid the money, but instead used it to pay off Chretien. The RCMP repeatedly raided his home and cottage, and brought lawyers from the bank with them to let them look through Beaudoin's belongings. They also did their best to have the man charged, despite no evidence of wrongdoing. This is the worst example of police being used to harrass political enemies I've ever heard of in Canada. It's still amazing to me how little fuss was made over this case by the media. Or on this site. I guess if it's a "Liberal" government doing the harrassing it's just not that big a deal to the lefties.

Meanwhile we have umpteen complaints because a government worker who deliberately leaked sensitive information was briefly arrested.

No need for paranoia. I would have put that issue on the list if I had remembered it, and now that you mention it, wasn't the RCMP itself used to funnel out some of the sponsorship scandal dough? That should have been there too. This morning's Glob & Maul had a couple of columns on the subject with other instances too that I didn't include. I kind of blew it with this poll.