Harpers Secret Agenda

Huh, I never thought supporting AIDS funding, tax incentives for the environment, senate reform, and tax breaks for families, was considered fascism.

Once again for the people who haven't lived in the past 15 years apparently, the Reform party dissolved and the Canadian Alliance came about, after that the PC's and the CA joined together to form the Conservative party, which Harper is now a part of. Thus he hasn't switched sides that often since, well, the Reform Party, Canadian Alliance, and Progressive Conservatives no longer exist. They are now a new entity known as the Conservative party.

Harper was a Liberal, what when he was in High School. Pierre Trudeau was a New Democrat before becoming a Liberal MP.

If the best you can come up with is paranoid delusion's, then simply leave that to yourself.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Harper has been a Liberal, Reformer, Alliance leader and now a Conservative. So when is he going to become a NDP and a Green party member?

Let's not forget the Canadian Reform Conservative Alliance party.

Wasn't the name "Alliance" short for that?

This makes sense to me:

In 2000, the PCs boiled when the old Reform party changed its name to the Canadian Reform Conservative Alliance. The original choice was the Canadian Conservative Reform Alliance. But when "p" for "party" was tacked on the end it produced a rather stinky acronym (CCRAP), so before long Reform moved to the left, so to speak

link

Wikipedia

Wasn't the name "Alliance" short for that?

Yes, yes it was.

It appears that in a misguided attempt to be chic and urbane Newbie missed the major point. You have to make sense! :lol:

Sorry for ruining the joke. I guess it comes from my Yank ignorance about Canada.

This budget is all about getting elected. Harper has taken a Ralph Klein approach to politics, find out where the band is playing and run out in front of it. The citizens want money spent, so he spends money. If Canadians were up in arms about government spending that is where Harper would be. It is politically astute if not morally bankrupt.

Hidden agendas? I don't think so, Harper wants power and the more of that the better. He will continue to act in this manner until it no longer serves his purposes, then he will change.

Folks the problem is power and greed. Elect representatives not accountable to political parties if you want to avoid this. It is time to limit the powers and authorities of governments and representatives and turn toward a more democratic method of governance. To do this the constitutional can of worms must be opened. Get rid of the Governor General, create elected Senators, create recall legislation, create citizens referendums and most importantly we need to deal with patronage by reducing the bureaucracy in government. What is truly needed is to revamp the way our government works for us, because it no longer does work for us. We have become servants of the government and a new version of class based society has been created. At the top of the pile is the government and its attending bureaucracy, just below that is the entrepeneurial class, followed by the professionals and then the remaining working and not working masses of humanity. The tax base from the bottom feeds the top.

I think the problem is much greater than most people think it is.

I agree with Jerry Fortin, in fact I believe a party was calling for such thing's, but ended up losing focus and disbanding.

Either way, if we want to change the system, the best thing we can do is reform the way our democratic system is, I would say Senate Reform, Proportional Representation, and Recall, would all make our democracy better.

This is a major problem with regards to both parties, since all they want is power.

This budget is all about getting elected. Harper has taken a Ralph Klein approach to politics, find out where the band is playing and run out in front of it. The citizens want money spent, so he spends money. If Canadians were up in arms about government spending that is where Harper would be. It is politically astute if not morally bankrupt.

Yes, but compared to what? And to what alternative?