If a Federal Election were held today 14 March 2007...

Federal Election Held Today  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good question. I've recently moved into Delta BC, not even sure what my riding is called to be honest. During the last election I was in Port Coquitlam which went CPC.

Newton/Delta North went Liberal in the last election and Delta/Richmond East went Conservative.

Do you know the difference between "bias" and "over-representation of a group compared to the general public?"

Yes.

So you aren't claiming bias, just over-representation?

As an English board it isn't realistic to expect much if any BQ here.

It's far from every poll that has the Liberals and Conservatives even.

The last eleven polls released (various pollsters, Ipsos-Reid, Strategic Council, Decima, SES, Léger) all have the Conservatives in the lead.

Interesting results in this poll. Just goes to show something I already knew..... the ratio of conservatives on this board are over-represented compared to the general public in Canada.

Internet polls notwithstanding, every polling agency across Canada has the LPC and the CPC pretty close when the question is asked:

If a federal election was held today.......

Yet on this forum, we have close to 50% who would vote for the CPC.

While CPC voters might be over represented at roughly 50%, I think this is ultimately a good thing....

It leads to a good balance, in the forum. Sort of a 50/50 left-right split.

Anyways I still put a vote in for the green. Still subject to the same conditions.

I find it's around 50/50 here, there are some left wing ideologues, and some right wing ideologues. Most are in the middle, atleast I find the ones with the more sensible viewpoints are in the middle.

Not to mention a few nuts as well.

While CPC voters might be over represented at roughly 50%, I think this is ultimately a good thing....

It leads to a good balance, in the forum. Sort of a 50/50 left-right split.

No it's not. That would mean 50% of voters are Conservative parasites sucking the life out of daycare and building more prisons in place. The organs of Conservative voters should be exorcised, harvested, and fed to endangered animals.

No it's not. That would mean 50% of voters are Conservative parasites sucking the life out of daycare and building more prisons in place. The organs of Conservative voters should be exorcised, harvested, and fed to endangered animals.

Alright Pol Pot, do you have anything to actually add to the debate?

Good question. I've recently moved into Delta BC, not even sure what my riding is called to be honest. During the last election I was in Port Coquitlam which went CPC.

Looks like you might have an older Reformer in your area.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/information/about/pe...=E&query=75&s=M

Christ, he looks like one of the lead ghouls from The Night of the Living Dead.

You claim to be a 19 year old punk pretending to be a soldoier.

I never claimed to be a punk. Unfortunately such a shallow mind as you seem to have can't comprehend actual debate.

Seems the only thing you want is to suck Gregs cock

What's with the homophobia jenny?

Only on ex-Reformers and other neo-cons :-)

Hell, I always thought that Cretian looks like a startled chicken.

Hmmm, very interesting.

Kinda reminds of the person who told me they thought Stephen Harper looked like a Nazi. Then tried to excuse themselves because they wren't calling him a Nazi, just saying he looked like one...

Only on ex-Reformers and other neo-cons :-)

Hell, I always thought that Cretian looks like a startled chicken.

Hmmm, very interesting.

Kinda reminds of the person who told me they thought Stephen Harper looked like a Nazi. Then tried to excuse themselves because they wren't calling him a Nazi, just saying he looked like one...

Saying Harper looks like a Nazi is an insult..............too Nazi's :-)

I am more of the Nazi/Ayran ideal, blue eyes, blonde hairs and 6'3".

I would probably vote NDP. But it would depend on the Conservative candidate. I may be swayed to change my vote depending if the right person ran.

Does this mean you could vote CPC or that you might vote something else depending on the nature of the CPC candidate?

Do you swing between the NDP and the CPC?

Christ, he looks like one of the lead ghouls from The Night of the Living Dead.

So attacks on a person's physical appearance are ok if it is a Conservative?

There was a Liberal Candidate that the media claimed resembled Mr Burns from the Simpsons. They put the picture of Burns and the Candidates picture side by side. I am trying to find it, it was funny in a wierd way.

You are really stretching this one out. Now you have the topic on Harper. Nobody mentioned Harper. A CPC candidate who's picture isn't all that flattering. A critism of Chretian. Yet you want to start talking about some hearsay and transfer it to this forum.

If someone here calls Harper a Nazi, then call them on it. Leave the hearsay at home.

Stephen Harper has strange hair and his belly is getting big.

:)

I have not noticed a significant bias in these forums. There are opinions that are extreme in their views and their postings. I have noticed quite a few posters are more pragmatic. And other posters are just hacks and shills whom think the parties they support poop doesn't stink.

I believe the results in the poll above is accurate to those whom use this forum, but certainly doesn't reflect the mainstream polling data that is frequently posted in these threads.

One thing I like about this forum is there is good Western representation here. This is something new for myself. I haven't spent alot of time talking to anyone outside of Ontario with regards to politics. I like this forum and those who are here. Moderates, hacks and shills. It's all good.

What I don't like are ignorant rude people. And this is the exception.

I have not noticed a significant bias in these forums. There are opinions that are extreme in their views and their postings. I have noticed quite a few posters are more pragmatic. And other posters are just hacks and shills whom think the parties they support poop doesn't stink.

I believe the results in the poll above is accurate to those whom use this forum, but certainly doesn't reflect the mainstream polling data that is frequently posted in these threads.

One thing I like about this forum is there is good Western representation here. This is something new for myself. I haven't spent alot of time talking to anyone outside of Ontario with regards to politics. I like this forum and those who are here. Moderates, hacks and shills. It's all good.

What I don't like are ignorant rude people. And this is the exception.

There are some people on the forums that I read even if I don't comment. Quite a number are not from my political persuasion but are nevertheless interesting and they raise valid points.

Likewise, there are some MPs from each party that have contributed quite a lot to Parliament and the place would be somehow less without them. Even the BQ represents a certain viewpoint that can't be ignored in the Commons.

When it comes to this next election (wherever it is), I think that it has the potential to be quite nasty. Politics can be a bloodsport but I think people are longing for someone to unify the country and to do so with some grace and style. Right now it looks like a bunch of blunt instruments bashing each other.

Interesting results in this poll. Just goes to show something I already knew..... the ratio of conservatives on this board are over-represented compared to the general public in Canada.

Internet polls notwithstanding, every polling agency across Canada has the LPC and the CPC pretty close when the question is asked:

If a federal election was held today.......

Yet on this forum, we have close to 50% who would vote for the CPC.

Well, if you take the non-Quebec numbers, it's actually quite reflective of current trends... this poll is within the margin of error for the non-Quebec results of any recently released poll in terms of CPC support. I do acknowledge that the numbers in this poll are constantly changing and they may have appeared quite different when you made that post.