Tory attacks on Dion

Tory smears of Dion, ads, talking points...  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say I am critiquing the character of the Conservatives's conduct. We see a surprisingly quick, particularly personal, partially proven false, certainly expensive, and coordinated with the grass-roots campaign against a party's leader, not even in an election campaign. It's unprecedented, so it invites remark.

(P.S. and still, none of the above tells you shit about how little or much I agree or disagree with 'leftism'.)

Jean Chrétien launched a very quick campaign againsty the integrity of Stockwell Day. Anybody remember Warren Kinsella and that dumbass Barney doll?

Do you want to look at his ad buy of the day?

So no it isn't unprecedented. Try again...

And admit it, except for a select few, most of us at one time or another was demographically a target of Conservative attacks anyways.

Don't really get this point. Do explain...

I would say I am critiquing the character of the Conservatives's conduct. We see a surprisingly quick, particularly personal, partially proven false, certainly expensive, and coordinated with the grass-roots campaign against a party's leader, not even in an election campaign. It's unprecedented, so it invites remark.

(P.S. and still, none of the above tells you shit about how little or much I agree or disagree with 'leftism'.)

Jean Chrétien launched a very quick campaign againsty the integrity of Stockwell Day. Anybody remember Warren Kinsella and that dumbass Barney doll?

I don't remember a campaign against Day. I remember he made a lot of misteps and was not PM material in the first place. What do you point to as demonstrating a campaign?

Do you want to look at his ad buy of the day?

So no it isn't unprecedented. Try again...

What ad buy?

What do you point to as demonstrating a campaign?

Exhibit 1 - already mentioned - Warren Kinsella and that dumbass Barney doll to make fun of, and mischaracterize, Day's religious beliefs. You want more? Deal with the evidence already provided.

I remember that. Chretien's response was "It's true I do talk from one side of my mouth. But the Conservatives talk from both sides of their mouths." Which we have seen is true and repeated by Harper.

First he was blue, then green, and most recently shades of pink.

Hey Daniel, we get the point. You don't like Harper.

You have pointed out, repeatedly today, that you think he is running a pragmatic Government.

Why does this upset you? Why do you feel the need to repeat the same, humourless swipes over and over and over?

Is the fact that Stéphane Dion is likely to be the first Liberal leader to become Prime Minister in over a hundred years that painful to you?

Will your Young Liberal *friends* not invite you to their little booze fests until you have put in a pre-determined number of hours slagging the Prime Minister online?

Seriously, try any other line of attack. Or at least ask your YL buddies to give you another line of attack. If they have one...

What do you point to as demonstrating a campaign?

Exhibit 1 - already mentioned - Warren Kinsella and that dumbass Barney doll to make fun of, and mischaracterize, Day's religious beliefs. You want more?

"Want"? Not exactly. But since the antics of a lone arseh*!e like Kinsella don't amount to a campaign, if you hope to support your earlier statement, more is required.