Israel Defends Itself

Craig Read

Dear Mr. Read,

Israel is deeply divided over the actions of Mr. Sharon. As usual, to some he looks like an appeaser and a coward for 'pulling back to the fence' and to others he is going too far. A letter from a crack IDF unit states that they now refuse to serve in the 'occupied territories', as it is immoral. Others are worried that the Likud shall fall, because "their Title and Deed are the Bible" to Judea, Samaria and Gaza.

While Israel had several very clear opportunities to eliminate Arafat, they chose not to do so. I expect that they would not have received 10 billion in US loans if they did not have a face for their enemy.

Many within the Knesset see Sharon as a modern day Chamberlain, yet they sit there and negotiate with each other over what coalition will run their gov't. Israel needs new leadership pronto.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Israel needs new leadership pronto

What Isreal needs is to finish the wall pronto so that country may live in peace, free from the constant threat of psychopathic killers targeting their children on schools buses.

You just don't get it. There is no possibility of a negotiated settelment until the Palestinians commit themselves to reform. As it stands, they have no interest in living side by side with the Isrealis. They only wish to drive the Zionist infidels into the sea.

The Palestinians must realize that they are responsible for their own suffering and that if they wish to rebuild their country they must put down their bomb vests and Kalashnikovs, and pick up hammers and shovels.

The ball is clearly in their court. If the bombings stopped tomarrow, their would be two states tomarrow. Unfortunately, only one of the two parties is, at this time, interested in such an outcome. It is not part of Isreal's "grand scheme" to endure perpetual quagmire which is the intifada so they may simply make life hard for the Palestinians.

Do you think that indoctrinating 5 year olds to be martyrs in an effective way to promote a healthy peace loving culture?

You're a good little martyr, yes you are.

Thought so.

You just don't get it. There is no possibility of a negotiated settelment until the Palestinians commit themselves to reform. As it stands, they have no interest in living side by side with the Isrealis. They only wish to drive the Zionist infidels into the sea.

If everyone will search thier memories they may remember back in the 50's/60's or so that Israel had totally whipped the palestinians/terrorist and the palestinians were on thier way out of country. It was Israel that screwed up and allowed them to stay.

I bring this up only to point out that in no conflick, even one this sorted, can there be peace without one side or the other completely dominating the other through war.

The wall is wrong but neccessary.

Wrong because they should not feel like they need it.

Neccessary because of the reasons righturnonred stated.

Canadians - the world's foremost janus faced interlocutors - would do a quick double take if any of their major centres were subject to terrorist attack and disruption. If thousands of Canadians were murdered every year by fanatical, hate smitten, blinded ideologues who killed indiscriminately, Canadians it is to be hope would react.

Walling off the area of incursion is natural and normal. The debate is not over the wall per se, but over Where it should be built. The EU and PLA and world's media cry that the wall cordons off from the PLA the best land.

My response is too bloody bad. Israel has been handcuffed by the US and EU for too long. They should annex the PLA territory remove Arafat, exile or kill him, and work with a new PLA gov't to rebuild under Israeli control the Palestinian homeland. Once rebuilding occurs, military occupation can be lessened.

Destroy the PLA and Hamas, the time for games is over.

Dear Mr. Read,

Canadians - the world's foremost janus faced interlocutors -
I am afraid the US has taken over the role of 'International two-faced liar'. They didn't take the pole position away from Canada, either.

If it were as easy as eradicating

fanatical, hate smitten, blinded ideologues who killed indiscriminately,
we should only wait, as they are bound to kill themselves at a greater rate than those that surround them. (unless, of course, they were trained by the US military, for friendly-fire casualties would skyrocket).
and work with a new PLA gov't to rebuild under Israeli control the Palestinian homeland.

I guess you don't read the Israeli news. The Israeli's don't want a Palestinian Homeland. they want it all, as promised to them by G-d himself. The majority opinion is if Yesha isn't providental, they shoudn't be in Tel Aviv either.

I go to Israel, have friends there and spend time with the UJA in Toronto - why since i am not Jewish ? The UJA raises C$50 mn per annum mostly to feed poor Jews in Toronto [about 1/2 their population] and to send over to Israel to resist terror. They are quite willing to grant homeland status to a peaceful PLA regime, but not one to a group of thuggish terrorists that steal international aid and pad their own bank accounts, and bankroll 17 yr old girls to lace their bras with semtex and devastate public buildings.

I find it disturbing, nay disgusting that Cdn foreign policy is so ignorant as to grant any rights, privileges or acknowledgements to the PLA and the terrorist Arafat. This 'relative' moral equivocation is inane. Arafat must be overthrown, killed his regime pounded into dust, and the Israeli's together with the Palestinians who are responsible, mature and who renounce terror can work out a settlement.

Canada - again proving its femininity, inability to support freedom and democracy and its base crass weakness. [but France is happy !].

International hand gladding, word smithing, smiling grinning photo ops, and visionary peace plans are a complete waste of time.

Cut off the head of the snake first before even bringing up the topic of peace. The only thing stopping Sharon from doing what he needs to do is Bush and the US threat to withdraw money and support if Sharon goes too far.

Pity.

• 4 weeks later...

The BBC picked this story up from a WorldNetDaily article published on Jan. 23.

Walid Shoebat, a former Palestinian terrorist recalls how from a very young age he and other children were taught to hate Jews. He gives his perspective on what he views as a culture of terror in which young men are indoctrinated to want nothing more than to Kill Jews and die as martyrs. His story is remarkable and should be a model for other psychopathic Arab killers to follow.

"From kindergarten we were taught that Jews were dogs," said Walid. "We were taught that Jews were the converts of monkeys, that Jews were Sabbath breakers and prophet killers. We even considered Arabs in pre-1967 Israel traitors because we could not understand how they could co-exist with Jews."

"My whole dream was to die as a shaheed [martyr]. At demonstrations I would open my shirt hoping to be shot - but the Israelis would never shoot at the body, so I never succeeded," he said.

The course of Walid's life took a turn when his parents sent him to the United States to get a better education.

Walid enrolled in Loop College in Chicago, where he became president of the Palestinian Students' Association, raising funds for the PLO and recruiting volunteers to fight in Lebanon.  He eventually moved to California, where he met his current wife, a Catholic from Mexico.

In the mid-1990s, Walid went to a family reunion in southern California where a row broke out after he defended the biblical matriarch Rachel, whom his uncle had called a "Jewish whore".

" 'You deserve to be spat at'," my uncle said, "and they threw me out the house".

"I realised they knew nothing about history, all they knew was the same propaganda that I had been taught."

Walid says it will take a generation for attitudes to change.

Read the entire article here:

Palestinian militant turned peacemaker

• 2 weeks later...
Walid Shoebat, a former Palestinian terrorist recalls how from a very young age he and other children were taught to hate Jews. He gives his perspective on what he views as a culture of terror in which young men are indoctrinated to want nothing more than to Kill Jews and die as martyrs. His story is remarkable and should be a model for other psychopathic Arab killers to follow.

How I wish people would read the history of Israel's suppression of the Palestinians and then take a balanced view of the situation!

• 3 weeks later...
What Isreal needs is to finish the wall pronto so that country may live in peace, free from the constant threat of psychopathic killers targeting their children on schools buses.

Wall=land grab. Explain why the "security" wall veers so far off the Green Line, gobbling up land and cutting Palestinian settlements off from one another?

The Palestinians must realize that they are responsible for their own suffering and that if they wish to rebuild their country they must put down their bomb vests and Kalashnikovs, and pick up hammers and shovels.

The ball is clearly in their court. If the bombings stopped tomarrow, their would be two states tomarrow. Unfortunately, only one of the two parties is, at this time, interested in such an outcome. It is not part of Isreal's "grand scheme" to endure perpetual quagmire which is the intifada so they may simply make life hard for the Palestinians.

Notwithstanding your strawman generalizations about the nebulous Palestinan "them", the fact is that under the occupation, the Palestinian population has been unable to develop a civil society (thanks in part to their corrupt leadership). Your opinion is classic example of blaming the victim. In your book, it's not a brutal and oppressive occupation that's keeping Paletinian society down, it's their own laziness. What a crock. It's Israel that holds all the cards, economical and militarily. Were Israel to dismantle the wall, pull out of the OT and start spending a fraction of what they spend on maintaining the occupation on building a civil society for the Palestinians, terrorism would dry up. The fact that they have not done so betrays the Likudniks true goal: the expansion of israel and the total expulsion or subjugation of the Paletinian people.

My response is too bloody bad. Israel has been handcuffed by the US and EU for too long. They should annex the PLA territory remove Arafat, exile or kill him, and work with a new PLA gov't to rebuild under Israeli control the Palestinian homeland. Once rebuilding occurs, military occupation can be lessened.

(emphasis mine) Uh, what's wrong with this picture? :rolleyes: