Zero Tolerance is Now in Effect - Trolls/Flamers Beaware

Greg

• Forum Admin

It seems like every once in while I need to come down hard on everyone to restore some semblance of order. The last time I issued a zero tolerance order, I removed a number of trouble-makers who failed to heed the warnings and the rules.

There have been a number of threads discussing my moderation in these forums. I don't have a problem with that - I've always open to criticism, however the comments of some of the posters have gone far past acceptable. Therefore, if I catch anyone using insults or any other type of ignorant behaviour you will be suspended for one month.

No warnings will be issued. Consider this the equivalent of a lock-down in a prison. If after that month, I catch anyone acting ignorant, the banning will be permanent.

Also, I will not be employing any partisan moderators - so consider that issue dead.

Given any thought to non-partisan moderators?

He said no.

And what exactly is a "non partisan" around here? If you don't have a strong interest in politics then you're not going to be here - or at least not going to be here very often.

And if you have a deep interest in politics but have no particular interest or affiliation then you obviously lack the courage of convictions. Which does not seem, to me, to make one likely to be a good moderator.

Partisan: (noun) a firm adherent to a party , faction, cause, or person; especially : one exhibiting blind, prejudiced, and unreasoning allegiance. Merriam Webster

I think one can have an opinion without being partisan.

Perhaps, but I think the term "partisan" is being used indiscriminately. I support the tories at the moment, but I would not say I exhibit "blind, prejudiced or unreasoning" allegiance to them. They have their faults.

It's just that at this particular time they appear to have fewer than the opposition.

• 4 weeks later...
They have really degenerated lately into a lot of heavily partisan Harper bashing, like who can post the most anti Harper stuff.

Oh well have fun.

I've found the number of usless threads that end up nowhere, but turn into an arguement about why or why not it's a useless thread.Pretty useless.

What happened to the zero tolerance being in effect for this kind of stuff? <_<