Duke University Lacrosse Team False Allegation

The more information that comes out about the indicted Lacrosse players the more I see a coverup with the District Attorney leading the way. No DNA, a lying stripper, and a district attorney that is trying to capture the black vote. Why doesn't this situation look right to me? Anybody care to discuss? And by the way I happen to black, so no racism allegation please!!

It appears that it's turning into a political issue because the prosecutor is a Democrat candidate for office and there appear to be accusations that this case is being used for political gain, or conversely, he is being attacked for political purposes rather than on the merits of the case. I haven't read enough about the facts of this case in particular to have much of an opinion.

I do know one thing, though. Athletes can get away with murder. Almost literally.

If one bothered to do a little research, he could find no end of scandals from the world of US collegiate sports. There have been cases where misconduct by student athletes has been swept under the rug by university officials, or given ridiculously light punishment. There have been cases where the justice system gives athletes special treatment. There have been cases where college sports programs have been caught bribing highschool students to attend their schools, using everything from expensive gifts like cars, to liquor and strippers and prostitutes. These are euphemistically referred to as "recruiting violations".

And if accusations are made against student athletes, the university will be there to flex its muscle, putting its money behind the students and doing whatever it takes to make the case vanish. Why? Because US college sports programs-- football and basketball, at least-- make tons of money for their schools.

US college sports is a world full of young men who've learned from a very young age that they can do anything they want and nobody will say no to them... because they can run faster or throw a ball better than other kids.

The nicest thing that can be said of college athletes is that at least they're not as bad as the pros.

-k

The Attorney General should allow for a speedy trial to establish guilt or aquit the accused if they are innocent. "Justice delayed is justice denied". Why is he holding up the judicial process? Why can't the men get their day in court? And of the accuser why is her story constantly changing? What is her real ulterior motive? And was she REALLY raped as she is alleging? The longer this travesty is allowed to go on the more damage these unjust charges will do to the lives of these men who have been falsely accused!

How are you so sure that the allegations are false? Were you there? Have you got important evidence that the prosecutor needs to know about? Have you contacted him?

What makes you say that the trial is being delayed? The alleged attack occured 7 months ago. Not sure if you're aware of it or not, but 7 months is hardly an unusual delay.

-k

The more information that comes out about the indicted Lacrosse players the more I see a coverup with the District Attorney leading the way. No DNA, a lying stripper, and a district attorney that is trying to capture the black vote. Why doesn't this situation look right to me? Anybody care to discuss?

I do not think that there is any possibility that there could be a conviction. There is a reasonable doubt standard in criminal prosecution, and there is so much reasonable doubt, that not even Johnny Cochran (if he were alive) could get a conviction. The only sad thing is even if the team members win, they will loose because of either their reputation or pleasant school memories sullied.

And by the way I happen to black, so no racism allegation please!!

I thought all blacks thought and voted the same. Only kidding...

"How are you so sure that the allegations are false? Were you there? Have you got important evidence that the prosecutor needs to know about? Have you contacted him?"

"What makes you say that the trial is being delayed?" The alleged attack occured 7 months ago. Not sure if you're aware of it or not, but 7 months is hardly an unusual delay.

The alleged accuser is nothing more than a "gold digging" tramp out to make some bucks on the case. Did you watch the segment on "60 Minutes" with Ed Bradley? Want to know why there is now doubt emerging?

NO DNA was found

One of the accused has cellphone records, along with record of a ATM withdrawal along with the eye witness testimony from a cab driver to prove he was at the scene of the crime.

And the accusers statement keeps constantly changing, she should stop lying and come clean about the whole thing!

The State Attorney ought to stop the delaying and allow for a trial so these men can be exonerated!!