We pay while Indians live in luxury

I don't owe those people a dime. Perhaps you do, but I don't. I don't know who the "we" you speak of but is sure isn't me.

Yep you do. If you earn an income in Canada chances are it is derived in some way from the resources we have harvest from the land. Your income and many others comes from stolen goods and now we are being told to start paying what is owed. If you own a house in Canada or rent a property, chances are there was never a treaty that gave permission for you or anyone else to occupy and build the land. You occupation there is a debt owed to First Nations who hold underlying title to all land in Canada.

Add to all of this a debt to one single nations of over $1 trillion dollars. Add to that the debt we collectively owe First Nations in trust accounts and I'm sure we would break the treasury if we had to pay it back all at once.

Sorry bud but chances are your land is under the underlying title of a First Nation somewhere and it is likely if they wanted they would still hold a Charter right to come and hunt as they pleased. I wouldn't step out too far during duck season if I were you. If someone said "duck" and you didn't you might find your eyeballs looking at where you just came from....just like Elmer Fudd and all that cartoonery ....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry bud but chances are your land is under the underlying title of a First Nation somewhere and it is likely if they wanted they would still hold a Charter right to come and hunt as they pleased. I wouldn't step out too far during duck season if I were you. If someone said "duck" and you didn't you might find your eyeballs looking at where you just came from....just like Elmer Fudd and all that cartoonery ....

Its so good to see more of your irrational vaguely threatening posts CR. As usual all you're doing is venting without factual basis.

As for the "I wouldn't step out too far" shit you posted, well, what makes you think my eyeballs would be looking out the other way, as you so poetically put it? Don't make silly childish threats, you already sound like an idiot every time you post, why compound that impression?

As for your claim of underlying title, just let someone try to dispute my right to live where I do. Sorry, I'm not your polliticaly correct type, not too many of my friends are either, we would object, quite strenuously. Probably be a nasty scene, to say the least, might even make me lose a moments sleep over it.

So grow up and lose the empty thinly veiled threats, especially since they're totally toothless spew.

WE Haven't done anything with our native population except try to keep them down and kick them back when they start getting ahead. WE can't tax reserves because we have no jurisdiction. If only natives could find meaningful work with moderate incomes on reserve, there would be no need to worry about taxation. If only WE paid them what we really owed them, and then gave them royalties on minerals and timber harvested from their land without their permission, then it is likely they would be wealthier than we are, and you could get on with life. However, we all know that if natives had more wealth you'd still be complaining, because this isn't about tax burden, it is about your petty jealously that natives just might have the something you don't and that pisses you off.

Man, you really have trouble following along don't you?

Its so good to see more of your irrational vaguely threatening posts CR. As usual all you're doing is venting without factual basis.

As for the "I wouldn't step out too far" shit you posted, well, what makes you think my eyeballs would be looking out the other way, as you so poetically put it? Don't make silly childish threats, you already sound like an idiot every time you post, why compound that impression?

As for your claim of underlying title, just let someone try to dispute my right to live where I do. Sorry, I'm not your polliticaly correct type, not too many of my friends are either, we would object, quite strenuously. Probably be a nasty scene, to say the least, might even make me lose a moments sleep over it.

So grow up and lose the empty thinly veiled threats, especially since they're totally toothless spew.

I suggest you look into the law behind aboriginal title and colour of right. Our government hasn't been up front with the truth about it.

And no, these are not threats. They are warnings. We've seen what happens when despair and desperation takes over, It isn't pretty and in the last 10 years things have become increasingly confrontational. That's what we have to look forward to if we don't make an honest effort to resolving some of these issues

Edited by charter.rights

Yes more Rae Days. I want Canada to really turn into a third world cesspool. Then Canada can look like some sh thiole that those immigrants came from. We'd really be making strides towards multiculturalism. Making them feel at home. That's our goal as Canadians. To make ourselves feel guilty and make immigrants feel good....makes ense to me lets all vote Liberal or NDP next election.

Most indians are trouble makers. They are doing the same thing as the blacks gangs in Ontario, terrorizing people.

Let them rave all they want. It won't change anything at all. Their antics are what causes them all their grief. I still say the way to shut them up is to cut the funding to the bands. Perhaps those that advocate sending money to individuals have a valid point in as much as that alone would serve to wake up the representatives to the depth of the problem.

We have entire communities on what can be called welfare, that is simply wrong. People need to earn their keep and take care of themselves in order to have any value to society and themselves. The time has come to do somethig about the problem. There really are citizens in need, and that is not supposed to happen in this country. I don't really give a damn why this has happened but it cannot continue. Every day that it does make the government and therefore the citizens of this nation look bad.

I suggest you look into the law behind aboriginal title and colour of right. Our government hasn't been up front with the truth about it.

And no, these are not threats. They are warnings. We've seen what happens when despair and desperation takes over, It isn't pretty and in the last 10 years things have become increasingly confrontational. That's what we have to look forward to if we don't make an honest effort to resolving some of these issues

I will just say this one thing perceived debts and what some think is right can all be change. If some might remember the Brits owned America at one point and the proud FN did not have much to say then, for that matter when the locals got sick of being over taxed and no accountability the Brits could not say much to stop the new Americans either and it can happen again if some are pushed to far at that point none of the history will mean shit. the dust will settle and I think we all know who would win this one CANADA has at least a small organize army the FN do not even have that. there is a teetering balance and it will need to be handled delicately to avoid such things.

We have entire communities on what can be called welfare, that is simply wrong. People need to earn their keep and take care of themselves in order to have any value to society and themselves. The time has come to do somethig about the problem. There really are citizens in need, and that is not supposed to happen in this country. I don't really give a damn why this has happened but it cannot continue. Every day that it does make the government and therefore the citizens of this nation look bad.

Good points. Unfortunatelly the activist types shriek whenever someone mentions the adoption of a phylosophy of personal responsability. The answer as propounded by them is to just give more, and more, and more. The demands are not only ridiculous but endless as well.

Yes more Rae Days. I want Canada to really turn into a third world cesspool. Then Canada can look like some sh thiole that those immigrants came from. We'd really be making strides towards multiculturalism. Making them feel at home. That's our goal as Canadians. To make ourselves feel guilty and make immigrants feel good....makes ense to me lets all vote Liberal or NDP next election.

Most indians are trouble makers. They are doing the same thing as the blacks gangs in Ontario, terrorizing people.

Qwerty, how can you say `most Indians are trouble makers? How many FN do you know,??? Lets remember, the English and the French took the land away from them. When we became Canadians and not British subjects in 1947, we said we would take over the welfare of the FN. If you have a problem take it up with the government not the people of the FN. As far as the Rae days, the people involved, at least had a job to go to and wasn`t layoff to go to IE then welfare. The times were tough and then Harris came in and made them worse!!

The demands are not relevant to me. The reality is far more important and far more pressing upon this nation. Forget the spin and dig into the true issue, these folks are poor. Forget how or why, forget who is responsible. The only real responsibility is to act, and that is the function of the federal government. There are Canadian citizens in need, and the simple fact is that they are ENTITLED to attention from the federal government. The real question should be what is to be done about the situation?

They are no different from any other citizen of this land. As such they should have the same rights. Our problem with the First Nations is that we treat them differently than we treat other citizens. This alone prevents those citizens from attaining the same opportunities that the rest of us have. Of course this is not the fault of the government but of themselves because they are the one that their representatives have said ARE in fact different. So the difference are those created by them, they have made their own bed so to speak. If they truly want change they must look within for the answers. To that end I suggest that the government simply treat them as they treat all other citizens, stop handing out money to the groups altogether.

To that end I suggest that the government simply treat them as they treat all other citizens, stop handing out money to the groups altogether.

Good plan. We should make the playing field level, I think it would only do good for all involved. The sad reality is that many don't want that playing field to be level. On one hand we have those who don't want to concede anything and on the other other hand we have those who wish to give away everything. Then we have those who don't want to do anything other than demand more and more.

As for the statement that all Indians are trouble makers, I disagree. As I've said before, I have good friends who are Native. These guys go to work, take care of their families and don't cause any trouble at all. There are some squeaky wheels, quite a few actually, but not all of them. You cant just equate all Natives with examples such as Shawn Brant, a definite squeaky wheel (I'm being nice, I wont actually call him what I think of him).

Good plan. We should make the playing field level, I think it would only do good for all involved. The sad reality is that many don't want that playing field to be level. On one hand we have those who don't want to concede anything and on the other other hand we have those who wish to give away everything. Then we have those who don't want to do anything other than demand more and more.

As for the statement that all Indians are trouble makers, I disagree. As I've said before, I have good friends who are Native. These guys go to work, take care of their families and don't cause any trouble at all. There are some squeaky wheels, quite a few actually, but not all of them. You cant just equate all Natives with examples such as Shawn Brant, a definite squeaky wheel (I'm being nice, I wont actually call him what I think of him).

As for the likes of Jerry Fartin and Angus all I can say is plz lighten up! You're going to get all crinkled up and miserable with your vodka worryin about the indians...don't you want to keep your full head of hair? Why would you want to get bald and crinkled whining about the indians all the time? Lighten up--go watch the game and sip on your vodka in happiness... :P

As for the likes of Jerry Fartin and Angus all I can say is plz lighten up! You're going to get all crinkled up and miserable with your vodka worryin about the indians...don't you want to keep your full head of hair? Why would you want to get bald and crinkled whining about the indians all the time? Lighten up--go watch the game and sip on your vodka in happiness...

Oh good, more pointless drivel.

SO when are you going to start your new political party with the new ideology called "Miserable-old-baldheaded-fartism!" :lol::P Gi drink so more vodka you fools! you havent a clue what you're talking about

"Miserable-old-baldheaded-fartism!" That's not a nice thing to say, really. The Conservative movement really started with major constipation and then enlisted a whole bunch of anally retentive types to form a political entity...... :lol: If not for the back door, there would have been no need to compete with the excited wet puppies called the Liberals.

"Miserable-old-baldheaded-fartism!" That's not a nice thing to say, really. The Conservative movement really started with major constipation and then enlisted a whole bunch of anally retentive types to form a political entity...... :lol: If not for the back door, there would have been no need to compete with the excited wet puppies called the Liberals.
This is too much the intellectual argument for me to address at an early hour.