Do you trust the Ontario Lottery Corporation?

Do you trust the Ontario Lottery Corporation?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The CBC program Fifth Estate has uncovered, well, 'irregularities'....
The problem is not the lotto corp - it is thousands of store owners that sell tickets. Furthermore, there is a simple thing that anyone can do to protect themselves against this kind of fraud: write their name on the bakc of every lotto ticket they buy.

The CBC program Fifth Estate has uncovered, well, 'irregularities'....
The problem is not the lotto corp - it is thousands of store owners that sell tickets. Furthermore, there is a simple thing that anyone can do to protect themselves against this kind of fraud: write their name on the bakc of every lotto ticket they buy.

Good point. But aren't the store clerks acting as agents for the OLG? This should have been obvious. You have the lowest paid people in the province being handed pieces of paper worth hundreds of thousands of dollars...

You are right about writing your name on the ticket, though. I know I certainly will in the future!

The way the OLG treated the elderly fellow who had his lotto ticket stolen by the store clerks was despicable. They did everything in their power to cover up evidence and spent over $400,000 of tax payers money on lawyers. Who could trust this outfit? They should all be fired. The OLG lady spokesperson was pathetic.

I always sign my tickets the minute I buy them. But this eldery fellow is from a generation where life was a whole more simple and trusting. Like the rest of us, he was unaware that there was any such thing as lottery fraud. Shame on the OLG!

The OLG as far as I'm concerned should be charged with covering up and lying. First they had nothing - then wallah - oh yes we did....That old man had far more patience then I, thank goodness the police officer charged the store owners.

I will be sure to write my name on all tickets from now on.

The way the OLG treated the elderly fellow who had his lotto ticket stolen by the store clerks was despicable. They did everything in their power to cover up evidence and spent over $400,000 of tax payers money on lawyers. Who could trust this outfit? They should all be fired. The OLG lady spokesperson was pathetic.

I always sign my tickets the minute I buy them. But this eldery fellow is from a generation where life was a whole more simple and trusting. Like the rest of us, he was unaware that there was any such thing as lottery fraud. Shame on the OLG!

I think you're right about how lotteries treated this one man. It stank.

I think you've got a good point to write your name down. I usually check the ticket myself but I have been lazy in the past and let a clerk check it. I think I break myself of that lazy habit and write my name down.