Saddam, resolution 1441, and weapons inspections

bradco

Yes, oops. Neither of the US or UK (as pointed out above by another user) constitutions were voted in the general vote which was approved as fair and open by UN.

:lol: OMG! Myata'a actually now going to argue that the US and Britain are not democracies whereas the Soviet Union, Cuba and China are! This is going to be rich! :D

The rest is your usual BS.

Whatever. According to your own rules of engagement, you have bowed "out of the argument by not answering direct and clear questions" and, any point you try to make is not valid as you leave that gap open which is directly related to all the arguments. Call it what you will, but, to tell the truth, anyone who believes the Soviet Union is a democracy when the UN does not recognize it as such, and, Iraq (whom it does recognize as one) and, does not answer questions and instead calls them bullshit is not worth argueing with. I leave you now to Bradco who agrees with my origional point. Maybe he will lower himself to argue with you.

Bradco

Although I agree Iraq is a democracy, in a limited definition, I wouldnt get overly excited yet. With the absence of a strong democratic tradition and the environment that exists in Iraq Im very pessimistic about that countries future. Today its an incredibly fragile state and it wont take much to make it a failed state. If the US were to withdraw tommorow democracy would, in Iraq, have a shelf life of maybe a year in my opinion.

I totally agree with you Bradco.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, oops. Neither of the US or UK (as pointed out above by another user) constitutions were voted in the general vote which was approved as fair and open by UN.

:lol: OMG! Myata'a actually now going to argue that the US and Britain are not democracies whereas the Soviet Union, Cuba and China are! This is going to be rich! :D

Just showing that your argument "elections approved by UN" is not universal and other, more objective criteria are needed. Like those listed earlier, for your perusal.

I.e., to lay it out perfectly clear even for a baby: US and UK are democracies because they satisfy the criteria of democratic and civil society and not because their constitution has been approved by UN. To qualify as a democracy too, any country should satisfy the entire set of criteria for a democratic and civil society, not the few specially selected ones. Pseudo quasi "democracies" such as Afganistan or Iraq fail the very first test of being able to control their own country.

Anyways, you're clearly demonstrating that you're either seriously thick, or deliberately obtusing / confusing the subject. In either sitation, further argument is pretty much useless.

Just showing that your argument...... (yada blah blurb blah .....)

Myata, how much clearer should I be? You already bowed

(Myata's quote) out of the argument by not answering direct and clear questions

Trying to convince us that you really knew China, the Soviet Union and Cuba are not democracies when you told us that they were voted in by 99.9% of the people and then, insinuating the US an UK are not domocratic is bizzare to say the least. What next, Holocost denial? You walk on dangerous ground. :angry: