Harper is a wimp

He hides from the media like a little boy.

He is a wimp.

And his shills engage in cowardly attacks on the media over nothing. That supposed misrepresentation thing by the CBC is a joke!! I have never seen such a baseless and contrived criticizm before. It is bizarre.

TOUGHEN UP HARPER, FOR GODSAKE.

FACE THE MEDIA, THEY ARE THE PEOPLES REPRESENTATIVE....SO OF COURSE YOU WILL GET TOUGH QUESTIONS.

INSTEAD OF CRYING THAT THE MEDIA DOESNT LOVE YOU JUST ANSWER THEIR QUESIONS.

Yes, I know the lad is not reading this, but perhaps if a shill reads it he or she can pass it on to Steve.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I know the lad is not reading this, but perhaps if a shill reads it he or she can pass it on to Steve.

<_< .......trolling and flamin' for attention...........again. <_<

Like others who are doing the same on this forum,it is best to ignore and not reply.

The "all cap shouting" doesn't make it any better. Harper, frankly, is the least "wimpy" PM you've had since Borden. A true man of principle.

The "all cap shouting" doesn't make it any better. Harper, frankly, is the least "wimpy" PM you've had since Borden. A true man of principle.

Borden recruited Liberals to stave off defeat in the election. This showed principle?

Borden also introduced income tax. It was supposed to end after the war. Principle?

Borden committed troops to crush the Winnipeg General Strike? Principle?

Ukrainian born Canadians were stripped of their rights during World War I and stripped of their right to vote. Prinicple?

I don't quite know what the deal is with gerryhatrick. Seems to be the only poster on the board who can break the rules with impunity. Oh well, such is life....

How do you guys know enough about Robert Borden to actually debate his time as PM? Man, I thought I was a little *too* into politics ... :lol:

<_< .......trolling and flamin' for attention...........again. <_<

Like others who are doing the same on this forum,it is best to ignore and not reply.

He hides from the media like a little boy.

He is a wimp.

And his shills engage in cowardly attacks on the media over nothing. That supposed misrepresentation thing by the CBC is a joke!! I have never seen such a baseless and contrived criticizm before. It is bizarre.

The CBC itself agreed that the complaint was in part justified, and apologized on-air.

FACE THE MEDIA, THEY ARE THE PEOPLES REPRESENTATIVE....SO OF COURSE YOU WILL GET TOUGH QUESTIONS.

INSTEAD OF CRYING THAT THE MEDIA DOESNT LOVE YOU JUST ANSWER THEIR QUESIONS.

I DO THINK THAT HARPER DEALS WITH THE MEDIA IN A DIFFERENT STYLE THAN HIS PREDECESSORS WHO TALK AND TALK WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING OF SUBSTANCE. PAUL MARTIN AND ESPECIALLY JEAN CHRETIEN WOULD ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS THE MEDIA COULD ASK AND NEVER ONCE SAY ANYTHING REMOTELY VALUABLE. DA PROOF IS DA PROOF AND IF DA PROOF IS DA PROOF DEN IT IS PROVEN, GERRY!

Are you guys still convinced that this site is full of shadowy CPC operatives? :ph34r:

-k

{ :ph34r: }

I don't quite know what the deal is with gerryhatrick. Seems to be the only poster on the board who can break the rules with impunity. Oh well, such is life....

Ricki, As a member for a whole what.. 20 days... you sure have got Gerry pegged :rolleyes: Where has Gerry broken any rules? Not genuflecting to Harper and crew is hardly breaking the rules.. come on now, the bunch of you sound like whiners.

Gerry is just frustrated like his Liberal buddies, because Harper actually runs the government where there is not a shocking revealation about corrupt practices and backroom deals, once a week likr the liberals were used to. Plain clean, well run government, is just something a lib will never even be able to dream about. They are all about full corrupted power where ther are no rewards in honest dealing government, so they do not believe that is the way it should be done.

It is just so much sour grapes that posts like this show the real people that no matter what the liberals can never be trusted again for at least a generation or so, as it will take that long to rid the party of the likes that caused their fall in the first place.

Yes they would like to have the news turned to Harper for some reason, and my own prediction is because they want to take the news away from being able to report and see some of the backroom dealing the liberals want to make for their leadership convention. If the press stays hungry for news it means they will have to be more careful about what they do. To me this makes more sense then any rambling here about why Harper is not giving news spots every day.

He hides from other posters like a little boy.

He is a wimp.

And in his shill voice engages in cowardly attacks on Harper over nothing. That blatant misrepresentation thing by Gerry is a joke!! I have never seen such a baseless and contrived criticizm before. It is bizarre.

TOUGHEN UP GERRY, FOR GODSAKE.

FACE THE REALITY, THE CONSERVATIVES ARE THE PEOPLES REPRESENTATIVES....SO OF COURSE YOU WILL WANT TO MAKE STUPID ACCUSATIONS.

INSTEAD OF CRYING THAT THE CONSERVATIVES DON'T LOVE YOU JUST ACKNOWLEDGE THEY'RE RIGHT.

Yes, I know the lad is not reading this, but perhaps if a Liberal reads it he or she can pass it on to Gerry.

;)

That's odd - I thought Members of Parliament, Senators and the Queen are the peoples' representatives, and Harper had to face them. The media, it seemed, were just some people who are paid to tell us the news. How ignorant I've been!

How do you guys know enough about Robert Borden to actually debate his time as PM? Man, I thought I was a little *too* into politics ... :lol:

I think anyone who knows the income tax argument knows that it was Borden and the Conservatives who brought it about.

You can debate the merits of it now but it was Conservatives who called in temporary.

...Harper, frankly, is the least "wimpy" PM you've had since Borden. A true man of principle.

Holding fast to erroneous impulses and calling them 'principles' does not prevent someone from being a wimp.

(And p.s., Borden was a complete ass.)

At least he did what it took to carry out Canada's role in WW I.

At least he did what it took to carry out Canada's role in WW I.

He just gave up his principles to do it and his party thoroughly spanked for generations afterward.

May very well be, but that's still better than "finger in the air" governance given by the LPOC.

The CBC itself agreed that the complaint was in part justified, and apologized on-air.

Did they apologize, or just express "regret" because "it appeared as if the Prime Minister was responding to that particular protester", which wasn't even what all the outrage was about!!

It's pathetic all around for anyone pretending there was something biased or unfair to Steven in that piece, and pretending that the CBC apologized for what all the Conservative shills were so shrill about is even more pathetic.

They're certainly not MY representatives. I think I wanted a representative - aside from the representative in parliament, of course, I'd have chosen one which was both smarter and more honest.

I was worried about Harper before the election, but since getting in he has done no worse than anyone else, and better than many.

GERRY seems to have a personal grudge and simply refuses to acknowledge anything good might come out of Harper.

Nonsense, I criticize him deservedly. This is the ONLY topic that I've been attacking his character on, and truth be told it was just a reaction to all of the ad hom posts I'd been seeing from the right. The whiners are most guilty of what they complain of.

In case you haven't noticed, Harper is engaged in total and complete message control. All is keyed towards the next election...interaction with this government is scant and of small substance.

They're following the advice of Frank Luntz on things like global warming...which is to say they're stalling on the issue. That is unforgivable.

Personal grudge you say? No, nothing near it.

They're certainly not MY representatives. I think I wanted a representative - aside from the representative in parliament, of course, I'd have chosen one which was both smarter and more honest.

So you've recognized aspects of the media that are not smart and not honest, so you need no representative?

You sir, are a fool if you believe your government should be trusted without oversight.

Who alerted the public to the sponsorship scandal? The media IS your representative, whether you want it or not. They're working to protect your interests. Just because your political leader has decided to start a PR war with them don't be so foolish to pretend the media has no value in a democracy.

That's odd - I thought Members of Parliament, Senators and the Queen are the peoples' representatives, and Harper had to face them. The media, it seemed, were just some people who are paid to tell us the news. How ignorant I've been!

Indeed. See last post.

So you've recognized aspects of the media that are not smart and not honest, so you need no representative?

You sir, are a fool if you believe your government should be trusted without oversight.

The BQ were asking questions in parliament about this for some time. But that's beside the point. The media are no ones' representatives. Their job is to sell soap, so to speak. Their job is not to oversee government or to represent the people. Their job is to please advertisers with ratings. If that means jumping up and down in a clown suit playing the banjo that's what they'll do. They're unreliable, biased, cheap, short-focused, and care about little but ratings and sensationalism. Yes, occasionally the truth will out, even with out third rate hacks. They are, after all, in the business of spewing out information (much of it twisted or false, though).

But don't ever think they're your representatives. That's just sad.

It's pathetic all around for anyone pretending there was something biased or unfair to Steven in that piece, and pretending that the CBC apologized for what all the Conservative shills were so shrill about is even more pathetic.

Your perseverative fascination with Harper is what's "pathetic" in this thread.

Ricki, As a member for a whole what.. 20 days... you sure have got Gerry pegged :rolleyes: Where has Gerry broken any rules? Not genuflecting to Harper and crew is hardly breaking the rules.. come on now, the bunch of you sound like whiners.

Hmmm, from the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Insults levelled at third-parties are also forbidden in the forums.

Calling Harper isn't a wimp? Or is this a board where calling someone a wimp (or whiner for that matter) isn't an insult?

Good attempt at diverting the issue though. How many days would I have to belong before I can point out the obvious? :lol: