Svend's C-250 Passes

Hugo

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/09/17/hate030917

Well, there you go. For anyone with a grudge against me, you can now report my "hate" posts to the police and have me imprisoned for up to five years. Greg will have them all archived and available to anyone wishing to subpoena them.

Does anyone here believe I deserve that, for what I've said on the subject?

If you say anything at all in public. Basically, it takes current hate speech laws and adds "sexual orientation" to "ethnicity, race, religion" and so forth. That's all it is, an amendment.

All we are waiting on is for the Senate to approve it, but assuming they do, for instance, certain parts of the Bible will now become offical hate speech and illegal. To read those passages of the Bible in public, such as in Church, will be a crime.

It will be illegal to discuss the health risks of homosexuality in public. It will also be criminal to object if your child's school teaches them the equality of homosexuality, even if this is completely counter to your religious and cultural beliefs.

PC and Post Modernism in the most twisted Orwellian method.

Mainstream media has not really caught on to the import of this bill if it is ratified by the Senate.

It is dangerous and would have to be struck down by the courts. As you said Hugo - it drives a stake into the heart of Christian Canada.

If you say anything at all in public. Basically, it takes current hate speech laws and adds "sexual orientation" to "ethnicity, race, religion" and so forth. That's all it is, an amendment.

All we are waiting on is for the Senate to approve it, but assuming they do, for instance, certain parts of the Bible will now become offical hate speech and illegal. To read those passages of the Bible in public, such as in Church, will be a crime.

It will be illegal to discuss the health risks of homosexuality in public. It will also be criminal to object if your child's school teaches them the equality of homosexuality, even if this is completely counter to your religious and cultural beliefs.

Wow. That's unbelieveable....So they are burning freedom of speach and religion in favor of freedom of perversion.

I can see the United States following suit if a Clinton or some other wacko where to get in office. Sorry to hear it's hitting you.

Hopefully it'll get vetoed. What does Canada have for basic laws regarding freedom of speach and religion?

Please forgive me. I am not a Canadian so i dont know how your law is set up. Do the churches not have secial priveleges in the area of freedom of speech? It will actually be illegal to read parts of the BIBLE!? Any help for the sheltered young american would be MUCH appreciated.

We have laws in place against hate in any form (including sexual oriention), but its basically null and void unless theres an abondance of it or its followed by physical actions. I myself am not a pervayor of this but the phrase "That's gay" is almost commonplace in America. So i dont know how well it would be pulled off in Canada.

Thanks for the input.

its funny to watch people claim they are oppressed when gays are just trying to marry

This bill is nothing whatsoever to do with gay marriage. What this bill basically does is muzzle anybody with any kind of anti-homosexual position, and that includes Christians, Jews, Muslims, doctors, psychiatrists, counselors, STD clinic workers, concerned parents, and so forth.

Remember all those studies I cited on the incidences of disease in the gay community? Those will all be illegal documents in Canada because of their anti-gay message. This may actually be detrimental to the gay community, because now that they are unable to learn the truth about their own incidences of disease and low life expectancy, they are less likely to take precautions to protect themselves. So, ironically, this legislation may end up killing gays.

Do the churches not have secial priveleges in the area of freedom of speech?

Yes, but they now share those exact same privileges with the gay-rights groups, and in legal actions, the gay-rights groups always win against religious groups. Gay activists have been allowed to burn crosses on the steps of churches and break up religious ceremonies and parades. For religious people to do those things to homosexuals, however, would be uncountenanceable.

It will actually be illegal to read parts of the BIBLE!?

Yes, or publish them. If C-250 goes through the senate, the Bible will have to be purged of anti-gay sentiment, or it will become banned literature in Canada, much as Canadian authorities have tried to shut down Ernst Zundel's website. The same laws apply to both the Bible and the Zundelsite.

Similarly, any priest or minister reading those banned parts of the Bible, or for that matter a Rabbi from the Torah or an Imam from the Quran, to his congregation will be guilty of inciting hate crimes and can be imprisoned for up to 5 years.

Maybe Ive been sheltered all my life but that seems outrageous. I dont know if its the religous foundation of the US, but to me it seems unbalanced in Candada now. When will there be a ban on homosexual literature denouncing churches? When will attacking christians for their beliefs be considered a hate crime?

Every other group is now covered under law except believers of any religion. If your sexual preference, thats right preference, can lump you into a group, why is your religous preference null and void? Why can you be jailed for it?

Does this not encroch upon the religous freedoms of the people?

Thanks for the info Hugo. Mucho aprecioanado