Canadian deaths in Lebanon cast pall over G8 political success for Har

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had any friends or relatives visiting Israel I would warn them to leave, wouldn't you? I think that it is very likely that Lebanon will see a drastic reduction in their infrastructure unless they get their act together and do something about terrorism.

I think they've already seen a drastic reduction in their infrastructure. The bombing needs to stop now, and the pre-requisite is no longer (thankfully, because it was an unreachable one) Lebanon dismantling Hezbullah. Now Israel just wanting the soldiers released and Hezbullah to stand down from the border.

The point of my question is that people CAN'T leave Lebanon on their own. Due to the infrastructure descruction there's little means for leaving. That is why other nations are mobilizing to get their citizens out.

And yes, I would tell my relatives to leave Israel. They would probably decline since the risk there is relatively low. Lower than Lebanon, if you compare the numbers.

If I had any friends or relatives visiting Israel I would warn them to leave, wouldn't you? I think that it is very likely that Lebanon will see a drastic reduction in their infrastructure unless they get their act together and do something about terrorism.

I daresay that the Muslim governments in that area are going to see a "drastic reduction" in far more than "infrastructure" if they keep up these senseless attacks on Western interests.

Now this I find very interesting. I give this thing 3 more weeks before it fizzles out or gets completly out of hand.

I think that is what is starting to scare Europe and even some quarters in the U.S.

Too many foreign citizens are in Lebanon. As soon as Americans gets killed, Bush will face pressure.

Hezbollah has fired over a thousand missiles into civilian areas in Israel. The only reason the death toll isn't higher is because they're incompetent savages.

I knew it was their savage nature that created your hate on for all things Lebanese... :rolleyes:

Before we get calling nations and ethnic groups savages, let's take some time to think about what we say.

It's too bad that your so against Lebanese people, they have some damned good food. Savage food generally tastes better apparently, right up their with Zulu burgers and Amazonian pasta.

Hezbollah has fired over a thousand missiles into civilian areas in Israel. The only reason the death toll isn't higher is because they're incompetent savages.

I knew it was their savage nature that created your hate on for all things Lebanese... :rolleyes:

There's that reading comprehension problem evidenced again. Maybe if you could spare some time away from the video games to get that high school diploma reading wouldn't be such an effort.

Before we get calling nations and ethnic groups savages, let's take some time to think about what we say.

I wasn't aware that Hezbollah was an ethnic group in need of the indignant protection of political correct Canada, but grats on the self-appointed role.

It's too bad that your so against Lebanese people,.

Yes, it's too bad your self-righteousness is so high it interferes with higher brain functions - presuming any are at work over there.

Perhaps if it was 50,000 Canadian lesbians that needed rescue, he might be more prompt with the rescue boats.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but if there were any open Canadian lesbians visiting the Muslim world they would NEED prompt rescuing as Muslims like to bury such people under walls.

It's too bad that your so against Lebanese people, they have some damned good food. Savage food generally tastes better apparently, right up their with Zulu burgers and Amazonian pasta.

Ah, political correctness. At one time, the West used to call itself the "civilized world" and (if they now added Japan, South Korea, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, and on a good day the Phillipines), and correctly so. Argus did not call any "nation" or "ethnic group" savages; he was correctly referring to Hezbollah as savages. They are, given their targeting of civilians for attack. Further, they seek refuge among civilians, necessitating a media-grabbing slaughter of civilians in an effort to fight them.

Lebanon is a victim of the Palestinians' attempt to subjugate it, to use it as a launch pad for combat against Israel. It would be so much better if the Palestinians and Hezbollah concentrated on commerce rather than war. Where is it discussed what an independent Palestine would do for economic sustenance. Oh, I guess there's UN aid.

Gerryhatrick = pathetic Jew-hating halfwit

This forum is bogged down with poor debaters whose idea of a counter-argument is calling their opponent a "hater." Therefore, criticism of Israel is "jew-hating"; criticism of the U.S. is "anti-Americanism"; criticism of the CPC is "Harper-hating." And this is from the same crowd who would dismiss similarly bad debating skills from the left as "political correctness gone amuck."

And these ad hom attacks are particularly pathetic when they come from members who try and pretend they are above the fray and would call it their "hobby" to report to the moderator similar posts.

Gerryhatrick = pathetic Jew-hating halfwit

This forum is bogged down with poor debaters whose idea of a counter-argument is calling their opponent a "hater." Therefore, criticism of Israel is "jew-hating"; criticism of the U.S. is "anti-Americanism"; criticism of the CPC is "Harper-hating." And this is from the same crowd who would dismiss similarly bad debating skills from the left as "political correctness gone amuck."

And these ad hom attacks are particularly pathetic when they come from members who try and pretend they are above the fray and would call it their "hobby" to report to the moderator similar posts.

It's always nice when, a week after the final blow, someone with lots of time on his hands decides to come along and try to reignite a fight. I guess if you've got nothing of value to contribute this is what you do, eh?

Nice of you to only paste in my reply while removing what it was reply to, ie, below:

Four posts in a row. The hateful little racist is just itching for someone to play with.

Lebanese Canadians = non-Canadians.

Dead Canadians = too bad so sad.

?