Perhaps it's time for true political reform

I can only speak for myself, but it occured to me that I'm guilty of not paying attention to municipal politics.

All these years I've been wound up about Federal/Provincial policies and how they would affect the Inuit in the NWT, the floods in Manitoba, the foriegn policy of this nation ETC.

Maby it's time for people to take over their own backyards, and make things happen from there. It's conceivable that our "large powers" have lost sight of the needs of the middle class (whatever that is anymore).

It's far from a new concept but It might find its value for Canadians in the coming decades- that is "government from the ground up".

Canadians that I know are disgusted with the apathy (some dont know what it means)......others are fed up with their "sheer inability" to make changes. Well, I guess we'd better do somthing about it.

Pick a man or woman who represents YOU and your needs regardless of political party (I've never done that before) and make them work for their money. Agree to diagree on issues you support, but cannot win despite all..........bring it together and make it work on the day to day level.......and be prepared to lose half the time.

I know this is nothing new for many people, but its the way I must be in the future...............It's new for me .

Kind Regards,

JMH

My advice? Gets some guns and take some hostages. It's the only way they'll listen.*

*A joke. For entertainment purposes only. Any real-world following of humourous instructions to perpetrate violence for the sake of a political cause occur soley at the discretion of the perpetrator and do not reflect the author's true intentions.