Krustykidd Wants Me To Write How To Fix The World

nova_satori

1st of all, America needs to understand WHY 9/11 happened. There needs to be research done into the pysche and history of the Middle East. There needs to be interviews conducted by NON-americans on why it happened. I suggest hiring Swedish, Finish or Norwegian interviewers. Perhaps New Zealanders as well. Perhaps looking into how Northern Europe treats the middle east should be conducted as well. Do you see anyone going after Norway, Finland or Sweden? Obviously, no. Maybe there is a reason.

the US needs to understand why it happened. Should it fail to do that, 9/11 will happen again, but with far more losses.

America's tactic has been to kill off the terrorists, never understand why they feel that way. Europe did the same to their peasants. Rebellion > Slaughter. Rebellion > more slaughter. The nobles never once sought to find WHY the peasants were rebelling. Consequentially, rebellions kept happening.

This war cannot be won with weapons of war, attrition favors the extremists, kill one, two replace him, eventually, we will be outnumbered. It must be won with weapons of the heart and mind. Understanding your enemy is the key to undermining his position. Understand the root cause of the hate, then stop adding to that cause. Eventually, the things that hold aganist America will be so far in the past, it will seem ridiculous to hold a war of genocide aganist someone who has changed their ways for your benefit. Would you attack a former enemy who nurses your hurt? Or gives you medication for your ill? Or trades with you? Or has a policy that fundementally benifts you and your people?

If you keep killing them, the hate will only build. We will be trapped in this war until oblivion. it cannot be won with armies and navies. It cannot be won with guns and bombs. You must change the hearts and minds of the militants. make them see we accept Islam as a equal faith. make them see we accept them as equal beings. let them see we mean them no harm. Let them see we only want to make their lives better (and essentially gain a good trading partner).

You cannot gain a friend by shooting his father. That simply won't happen. The Right-wing people here seem to think that killing someone won't create extremists out of his kin and friends. That reeks of lack of human interaction.

Sadly, without humanitarian aid free of strings (such as a marshall plan, but will forgiving debts from the beginning), America will lose people needlessly.

Also, Americans need to drop that attitude that they are better then the rest of the world. We are all humans in the end. People do not choose where they are born, thus it is silly to sing praise about a place you were given to by sheer chance.

As the ancients attested before (oedipus), pride comes before a fall. America has reached the precipies, will it go back? Hopefully, but with this arrogance attitude, most likely not.

Are those enough ways to fix the world? Hardly, but it would be a astronomical success if the US did implent them into foreign policy. Who wins when morality and ethics clash with the bottom line? I hope it will soon change to Morality and ethics.

Comment away.

But take this to heart: Why must we kill people, who kill people, to show that killing people is wrong?

And before you flame me for anti-war, hear this: I am anti-war when there is no clear reason, when there is no clear plan. When there is no clear proof (yes, i'd like a nuke with a 'made in iraq' seal on it), and no underlying motives. Lastly, I hate it when we are lied to about a resource war. If you're going to lie to us, do it right or plant some fabricated evidence. That's all i ask.

Well said Nova! I might add that my name at the top of the thread gives me a small rush too. I imagine that tommorow you will have a lot to defend but good for you.

In the interim I would have you know that presently there is a lot of money with no strings attached working in Iraq and Afganistan. This is being given to the people of those countries so that they can build their nation post tyranny. As well, governments are being groomed so that the US can leave the people to rule themselves rather than self destruct into anarchy the second we leave. I know you knew that, but thought that you should prepare yourself for the morrow.

*takes a bow.

Thank you

Hopefully all will turn out good for Iraq and Afganistan. Hopefully. Reading the news however, it seems to not be the case.

*sigh*

We should all convert to Buddist or Dalai Lama's religion: Compassion.

Janurary 2005: Everyone converts

Feburary 2005: All conflicts around the world cease

Wouldn't that be nice?

Find me a buddist extremist. I dare you.

Well said Nova. (certainly not an attack just thoughts)

After investigation and we are told that all non-Muslim peoples are not welcomed in Arabia and they want to raise the price of oil by 500% what happens? Do we just pay the price and give British Columbia to the Israelis? What happens when North African Countries war amongst them selves and threaten world oil supplies? Oh, and human rights? Should these ‘Rulers’ be able to treat civilians as they wish? I wonder how soon another Baath Party would seize power from those paper-thin family Rulers.

These poor, oil rich seventh century countries, by no fault of their own, have become too important in world affairs to be left to their own devises in their present beliefs.

I fear the U.S. is held in contempt more for what we have and what we represent than what we have actually done. Not that we are innocent but for the most part the U.S. has stood on the side of good verses evil in world affairs and human rights. Are we to apologize for being a 200 year young Republic that has come as close as any other world power to “getting it right” and bend to the will of the very countries that we put on the economical map?

Edit - oops I ment 'human rights' and not 'civil rights'

The only thing that really burns my blood is when I'm told that a bunch of wackos inability to act civillized and discuss their problems results in them being mass murders is the fault of their victims?

That's as absurd as saying the Holocaust was the fault of the Jews or the Klu Klux Klan was the fault of African Americans.

The Terrorists have their reasons, but engaging the US militarily will be their undoing. If they have a problem, be elected into office and speak at the UN. That's the civillized way. For them to murder 3000 people who ahd NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR PROBLEMS achieves nothing.

They've only made life harder for them in the middle east and for those who share their heritage here in the States. Many are instantly viewed as terrorists to prevent possible attacks.

I heard a good saying once "It's ok to risk another attack like 9-11 but so long as we don't violate anyone's civil rights...."

Dear Nuclear,

while I agree that the terrorists shall reap what the have sown, and should, there are many things that do legitimize 'terrorism' In WWII, the British used what was coined by Germany as 'Terror Bombing". Killing up to 80,000 civilians in a raid was not unheard of. The purpose? To terrorize. While the purposes were understood, the decision was made to target civilians who had

NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR PROBLEMS
and while there was a war going on, it was justified in the minds of the British that the end justified the means, even when killing innocent civilians.

I do not blame the British for this, for it was the policy brought about by the will of one man, Arthur 'Bomber' Harris.

Dear Nuclear,

while I agree that the terrorists shall reap what the have sown, and should, there are many things that do legitimize 'terrorism' In WWII, the British used what was coined by Germany as 'Terror Bombing". Killing up to 80,000 civilians in a raid was not unheard of. The purpose? To terrorize. While the purposes were understood, the decision was made to target civilians who had

NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR PROBLEMS
and while there was a war going on, it was justified in the minds of the British that the end justified the means, even when killing innocent civilians.

I do not blame the British for this, for it was the policy brought about by the will of one man, Arthur 'Bomber' Harris.

No Lonius, terrorizing was a byproduct of the bombing of German industrial areas. In those days navigation was done by the stars and bombs were dropped by estimates and reacted to gravity and wind. The Rhur and Rhine industrial areas were the English target while London population was the German target. My father was one of those involved and told me of the whole lead up, preparation for and the mission itself. All followed by an equally dangerous trip back to England. And, and, the long debriefing. Why would they have a debriefing you ask? To see how many people they scared?

No Lonious. In order to find out which factories were toasted so they could take them off to do list for next time.

Killing up to 80,000 civilians in a raid was not unheard of. The purpose? To terrorize

I wouldn't say that. The bomb sights on US, UK and Axis bombers were horrible when comapred to today's stanards. If a bomb came within a hundred feet on the target, it was a GOOD day. The accuracy was so atrocious that civilians would be killed no matter what (unless you didn't bomb). However, it was the Germans, seeing that the Uk was too strong to give up militartily, started PURPOSEFULLY bombing cities with little military value. The Allies soon followed suit. Japan suffered hundreds of thousands of civilian casulties from firebombing alone.

It demoralizes, not terrorizes. However, it can harden the resolve of the people, as seen with the Brits.

followed by an equally dangerous trip back to England

Slightly less after the introduction of the Lighting and Mustang.

This is what I heard in the "World at Ward" series. When the Germans first started bombing, they were bombing UK industrial sites. But one of the bombing runs, the Germans miss calculated and bombed London (or a major UK city, can't remember). In retaliation (the Brits thought it was intentional) went bombed German cites. That is what was said started it all. Who knows for 100%.