Sex Change Confessions

betsy

Do you think a person who's had a sex change operation is obliged to disclose it when they enter a relationship?

How would you feel if the person you'd been seeing seriously discloses that he/she used to be a she/he?

I certainly would like him to tell me if he used to be a female. I feel that I've got the right to know.

Do you think a person who's had a sex change operation is obliged to disclose it when they enter a relationship?
There are million personal details that people may wish to keep secret when they start a new relationship and only reveal them at the relationship progresses. For example, someone may not wish to disclose immediately that he/she spent time in jail for mistakes that they now regret.

There can be no hard and fast rule when it comes to these questions - it is up to the individuals involved to decide what is right.

If you feel strongly about such secrets then it is up to you to make it clear up front that you don't want secrets coming out of the woodwork after getting involved in a relationship.

Guest Warwick Green
There are million personal details that people may wish to keep secret when they start a new relationship and only reveal them at the relationship progresses. For example, someone may not wish to disclose immediately that he/she spent time in jail for mistakes that they now regret.

There can be no hard and fast rule when it comes to these questions - it is up to the individuals involved to decide what is right.

If you feel strongly about such secrets then it is up to you to make it clear up front that you don't want secrets coming out of the woodwork after getting involved in a relationship.

Depends on the impact on the relationship. You might not to want to disclose right away that you had had an abortion, or were once married, or had been an alcoholic...or at one time were of the opposite gender. I think it would be prudent however to advise your new partner immediately , for example, that you were HIV positive.

I think it would be prudent however to advise your new partner immediately , for example, that you were HIV positive.
In the case of HIV, failure to inform is grounds for a criminal assualt charge. This makes sense because the health of the partner is put at risk by not disclosing such information.

Guest Warwick Green
I think it would be prudent however to advise your new partner immediately , for example, that you were HIV positive.
In the case of HIV, failure to inform is grounds for a criminal assualt charge. This makes sense because the health of the partner is put at risk by not disclosing such information.

I believe that applies only when the infected person insists on unprotected sex. But even so, putting aside the legalities, it is something that you should be candid about in a new relationship.