I am going to vote "Liberal" tomorrow

RB

I have made up my mind and will vote for the Liberals in Ontario, I believe they reflect the kinds of policies needed for Ontario and do will good for all the people despite all their scandals.

And I do this knowing that the Conservatives is a better choice for me as a person.

I have made up my mind and will vote for the Liberals in Ontario, I believe they reflect the kinds of policies needed for Ontario and do will good for all the people despite all their scandals.

And I do this knowing that the Conservatives is a better choice for me as a person.

I would vote Liberal in a pinch if they cleaned up the party. But the leader needs to first release the names of the 7 MPs that accepted the AdScam money into the party so they can be disciplined accordingly. Then Martin and his entire cabinet have to resign and leave the party. I think under new positive leadership they might actually have something to offer for Canadians. Until then they deserve the vote of no Canadian in my eyes.

RB,

You seem to feel guilty about voting Liberal tomorrow. Look, I know most people on this board know I do not like the Liberals and that I support the Conservatives. However, I think people should vote for the party they feel will serve their interests best.

The Liberal Party has done good things...no doubt about it. There are parts of their platform that I favour over the Conservative platform. Namely, I usually am left-wing on issues such as childcare (even though I have no children, I think there needs to be oversight from the government), education (for the future of any children that I hope to have someday), employment insurace, etc.

Yet, there are five issues that drive me more than anything else: foreign policy (more specifically, relations with the U.S.), health care, national defence, intergovernmental affairs/federalism, and the environment. The Conservatives offer the best plan for me on all of the above issues. Even on the environment, where I hope--perhaps naively--they will create a plan to combat global warming.

This election also brings to mind government corruption. I have always said, history will not remember Paul Martin as a great PM or a good, clean guy. That is too bad, because I blame Chretien, not Martin. Martin was probably a fool for not knowing more, but I have always believed Chretien to be corrupt. Hopefully, Martin will be remembered as a better, cleaner guy than Chretien.

I hope that whichever party wins, they will put everyone in this country first with their agenda. I hope they will make Canada strong and well respected again. And I hope that they will work to make all regions of Canada equally as strong and vibrant, with a renewed sense of federalism and personal responsibility.

Good for you.

Good for you.

56 of my relatives in the competitive hamilton, Ontario riding are switching votes as a group from NDP to Liberal. Amazing, I thought this was a done deal and the conservatives were gonna win easy, but reality is still setting in for many...the conservative threat is allowing people to switch a major vote at the last minute ! wow ! If this is any indication of what will happen tommorrow, i say this election is still anyone's for the taking.

RB, I enjoy reading your posts and fathoming your original viewpoint on many issues, but I must admit that I'm not entirely certain what your voting intentions may imply about Liberal results tomorrow.

I hope no one votes for the Liberals, the Liberals need to get together and clean house, they have become a disaster of a party, and what is best for Canada in the long run is to have a stronger, cleaner, and new Liberal party with fresh faces and fresh ideas, a CPC minority will not kill us. some people ar talkign about how even a year or two of a CPC government would turn back the clock, but another month of this Liberal party would break the clock. I hope people don't switch from NDP to support the Liberals, because what is even more frightning than a CPC minority is a Liberal party stuck in perpetuel limbo, with infighting, poor leadership, and no vision.

This election also brings to mind government corruption. I have always said, history will not remember Paul Martin as a great PM or a good, clean guy. That is too bad, because I blame Chretien, not Martin. Martin was probably a fool for not knowing more, but I have always believed Chretien to be corrupt. Hopefully, Martin will be remembered as a better, cleaner guy than Chretien.

I don't think that Paul Martin is such a good clean guy. He has underhandedly undermined his boss Chretien ever since he lost the leadership vote. He has also shown more recently that he is willing to lie, cheat and manipulate anyone and anything to reach his goal. - Flags of convenience, Belinda - cabinet job and demonize Harper and the military and then lie about it - attack ads rather than put forward his own platform.

So, what's good for Ontario is good for the country? That's what we've thought of the eastern voters for a long time. We out west don't exist to Ottawa.

Soon...100 years is long enough.

I don't think that Paul Martin is such a good clean guy. He has underhandedly undermined his boss Chretien ever since he lost the leadership vote. He has also shown more recently that he is willing to lie, cheat and manipulate anyone and anything to reach his goal. - Flags of convenience, Belinda - cabinet job and demonize Harper and the military and then lie about it - attack ads rather than put forward his own platform.

I don't think he is guity in terms of sponsorship...maybe foolish ignorance... :rolleyes:

You are right that since he has been in power he must have read Machiavelli's THE PRINCE about 50 times.

I don't think he is guity in terms of sponsorship...maybe foolish ignorance... :rolleyes:

You are right that since he has been in power he must have read Machiavelli's THE PRINCE about 50 times.

The Finance Minister holds the chequebook. Deciding not to do anything about it is just as immoral as doing it yourself. Martin is guilty whether Gomery says so or not, even just by association.

If a mafia group laundered money like that, they'd all be guilty by association. I don't see the difference.

The Prince is a good read, way beyond Martin though.

The Finance Minister holds the chequebook. Deciding not to do anything about it is just as immoral as doing it yourself. Martin is guilty whether Gomery says so or not, even just by association.

If a mafia group laundered money like that, they'd all be guilty by association. I don't see the difference.

The Prince is a good read, way beyond Martin though.

:lol:

Although Chretien did run it out of the PMO...

But you know what? That is history...as are Harper's opponents after tomorrow... :lol:

So, what's good for Ontario is good for the country? That's what we've thought of the eastern voters for a long time. We out west don't exist to Ottawa.

This is the nuttiest post I have ever seen (and I've seen Monty and BMax post A LOT!) Thats all... just plain nutty

RB,

You seem to feel guilty about voting Liberal tomorrow. Look, I know most people on this board know I do not like the Liberals and that I support the Conservatives. However, I think people should vote for the party they feel will serve their interests best.

I do not have a guilty conscience to vote for the Liberal of my choice. Mostly immigrants have settled in Toronto (consists of 55% immigrant pop) and Ontario is the place of choice for them. The Conservatives will not represent the majority of the people voices in Ontario and will leave these folks poor, suffering and induced more systemic troubles.

I have followed the Conservatives campaign trail a bit, and it is not difficult identify the demographics at their meetings.

Women are not central to their main platform, in fact, one meeting I attended only maybe 5 women were present

Plus, I fail to see how I can allow “old” white men to make decisions on women’s choices, and their health

So, what's good for the West is good for Canada? That's what we've thought of the western voters for a long time. We out east don't exist in Calgary.

Talk about living in a glass house.

Look at how Western issues compare to Eastern, and you should'nt be surprised at the differing voting patterns.

Ralph Klein threatening to privatize health on a daily basis,using the notwithstanding clause if necessary. The Alberta court judgements and government position on same sex marriage and gay equality rights..

The East is has a more tolerant view on homosexual rights and has a different view on health care.

You're voting for what's good for the prairies, not Canada. So why is RB wrong to do the same?

Although I'm decided already, reading posts like yours give me ample motivation to vote Liberal. If this is the kind of nonsense we're bringing into the House of Commons, I don't want any partof Conservative, be it majority or minority.