The Reality of Canada

We are a country obsessed with being PC (politically correct). We steal the best and brightest from thrid world countries, turn them into cac drivers and then revell in calling ourslves "multicultural".

We legalize gay marriage, not because we believe in it but because we don't believe in anything else.

We talk a big game on peacekeeping but don't have a military.

We hate americans but depend on them.

We are a joke on the international scene but keep thinking everyone loves us.

And this post was meant to do what??? Antagonize people???

We are a country obsessed with being PC (politically correct).  We steal the best and brightest from thrid world countries, turn them into cac drivers and then revell in calling ourslves "multicultural".

Of course the East-Indian shrink my ex-wife sees is a good example of this kind of cab-driver-multiculturalism, isn't he???

My family doctor, educated in Italy, would be another good example.

The Chinese-born ex-mayor of Sudbury (he was mayor for about 8 years) is another example.

Another Chinese-born woman came second in the polls during a recent municiple election here.

Yup, ALL the immigrants, no matter how well-educated and hard-working, become cab drivers :rolleyes:

We legalize gay marriage, not because we believe in it but because we don't believe in anything else.

Maybe it's because we believe in equality and inclusion for all law-abiding people.

Our military is nowhere near as strong as some, but we have certainly made significant contributions in the past, and will again.

If we were, as you imply, insignificant, then why was Bush so upset that we didn't send troops to Iraq???

I think "hate" is too strong a word. I personally have no problem whatsoever with Americans, however, that does not mean that I cannot disagree with her government's policies. It also does not mean that I cannot acknowledge some of the characteristics of Americans in general, ie; general lack of knowledge, or concern, about Canada.

But we are a GOOD joke, and EVERYONE loves a good joke. Don't you???

:D

We are a country obsessed with being PC (politically correct).  We steal the best and brightest from thrid world countries, turn them into cac drivers and then revell in calling ourslves "multicultural".
I always thought it was the rest of the world wanting to come here to get away from whatever in their home country.... Maybe being a cabbie here is better than being beaten and degraded in another country....
We legalized it because we believe in human rights, and that we shouldn't discriminate against "different" people... I sense that you don't fit into this "we" category....
Canada is a non-aggressive country.... Many countries are non-agressive, and I would suggest that a whole lot more should be the same way....
Who's this "we" you keep talking about ?????
Why don't you inform us about which countries think we're so 'funny'....