Canada and "Tolerance"

Check this link, then give your thoughts:

Mine?  Canada will be next - bet on it.

http://blogs.chronwatch.com/archives/2005/..._beating_ok.asp

Could be, we have to be sensitive to cultural differences you know. Australia did say no to Sharia Law, and were firm about it. I'm surprised at this one.

Could be, we have to be sensitive to cultural differences you know. Australia did say no to Sharia Law, and were firm about it. I'm surprised at this one.

I'm sure the women on the other end of those beatings are thrilled at Austrailia's "sensitivity"

No worries mate! If the Liberals get in, Muslim wishes will be granted on the basis of rights - it is their right to beat women according to Sharia!! <_<

I can't believe that a place like Australia will bend their human rights so a minority can beat their wives. Pretty sick. Do you really think the Liberals would go that direction? I gotta tell you right now a lot of families from India and Pakistan treat women as second class citizens in B.C.

We've had more than a couple murders even of Indian women who ran afoul of the men in their lives here.

I can't believe that a place like Australia will bend their human rights so a minority can beat their wives.  Pretty sick.  Do you really think the Liberals would go that direction?  I gotta tell you right now a lot of families from India and Pakistan treat women as second class citizens in B.C. 

We've had more than a couple murders even of Indian women who ran afoul of the men in their lives here.

I hate political correctness, you know? I mean, I speak with a lot of immigrants and none of them consider themselves "African Canadian" or "Chinese Canadian." They say, "I am Canadian and I am proud to be."

As for this recent case, this is Canadian. We are a country where all laws must apply to all people here whether they were born or raised here or whether they are here for a weekend on vacation. We must apply our laws equally...if we allow Muslim groups to enact laws...however "tolerable" they are in their own lands...they must realize they are in our country now.

If Canada agrees with these groups, we will be opening up our laws to all kinds of inappropriate interpretations...it simply is wrong.