California's budget DISASTER, based on racist "raparations."

If ANYBODY thinks California's schools produce anything other than !diots, that anybody would be mistaken.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/newsoms-california-pushes-billions-reparations-090020926.html

Newsom's California pushes billions in reparations payments as state faces budget deficit disaster

California, which never allowed slavery, is nonetheless considering giving hundreds of billions of dollars to Black residents in reparations as a way to make amends for slavery, raising practical questions about how a state already facing a massive budget deficit could swing such an expensive program.

The California Reparations Task Force, which was created by state legislation in 2020, is weighing a proposal to dole out just under $360,000 per person to approximately 1.8 million Black Californians who had an ancestor enslaved in the U.S., putting the total cost of the program at about $640 billion.

"If California can admit its sins and change the narrative, then there is a way forward for states and cities across the nation," California Secretary of State Shirley Weber, who wrote the bill creating the task force when she served in the state assembly, said last week.

However, it is unclear how California would pay for such an extensive project. Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom, who signed the bill creating the task force and appointed most of its members, announced in January that the state faces a projected budget deficit of $22.5 billion for the coming fiscal year.

Gee!

rEZ6F7f.jpg

40wwpcB.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 9:21 AM, reason10 said:

If ANYBODY thinks California's schools produce anything other than !diots, that anybody would be mistaken.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/newsoms-california-pushes-billions-reparations-090020926.html

Newsom's California pushes billions in reparations payments as state faces budget deficit disaster

California, which never allowed slavery, is nonetheless considering giving hundreds of billions of dollars to Black residents in reparations as a way to make amends for slavery, raising practical questions about how a state already facing a massive budget deficit could swing such an expensive program.

The California Reparations Task Force, which was created by state legislation in 2020, is weighing a proposal to dole out just under $360,000 per person to approximately 1.8 million Black Californians who had an ancestor enslaved in the U.S., putting the total cost of the program at about $640 billion.

"If California can admit its sins and change the narrative, then there is a way forward for states and cities across the nation," California Secretary of State Shirley Weber, who wrote the bill creating the task force when she served in the state assembly, said last week.

However, it is unclear how California would pay for such an extensive project. Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom, who signed the bill creating the task force and appointed most of its members, announced in January that the state faces a projected budget deficit of $22.5 billion for the coming fiscal year.

Gee!

rEZ6F7f.jpg

40wwpcB.jpg

It's really hard to watch California go down the toilet, as I still have family in that state - lots of good memories there. 

58 minutes ago, Deluge said:

It's really hard to watch California go down the toilet, as I still have family in that state - lots of good memories there. 

It's definitely not the California of Governor Reagan.

In those days, his policies made Cali competitive economy wise with many countries.

Now, it's just a welfare state shithole, with price gouging colleges graduating a bunch of !diots with Lesbian Dance Theory doctorates.

30 minutes ago, reason10 said:

It's definitely not the California of Governor Reagan.

In those days, his policies made Cali competitive economy wise with many countries.

Now, it's just a welfare state shithole, with price gouging colleges graduating a bunch of !diots with Lesbian Dance Theory doctorates.

And it's mind blowing that wokeness can take down an entire state, especially one the size of California. 

California's budget issues pre-date any talk of reparations. I live 8 miles from the state and visit CA 3 or 4 times per year and have insight that few, if any, on here do. I think paying reparations is silly but their budget issues come back to two items.... public sector pensions and regulations on property management (being a landlord). 

On 3/16/2023 at 1:33 PM, impartialobserver said:

California's budget issues pre-date any talk of reparations. I live 8 miles from the state and visit CA 3 or 4 times per year and have insight that few, if any, on here do. I think paying reparations is silly but their budget issues come back to two items.... public sector pensions and regulations on property management (being a landlord). 

Very true. But giving BILLIONS of dollars to blacks who were NEVER slaves at all (since slavery NEVER came to California) doesn't  help matters.

On 3/16/2023 at 7:40 AM, Contrarian said:

⬆️ Trending via Associated Press

San Francisco supervisors have backed the idea of paying reparations to Black people, but whether members will agree to lump-sum payments of $5 million to every eligible person or to any of the more than 100 other recommendations made by an advisory committee won’t be known until later this year.

https://apnews.com/article/black-reparations-san-francisco-5-million-db5680611cb5eb23ef9c0d19f45f3c1a

Those !diots DESERVE the high taxes, higher cost of living and lower standard of living they voted for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Very true. But giving BILLIONS of dollars to blacks who were NEVER slaves at all (since slavery NEVER came to California) doesn't  help matters.

If I was in charge (I know that I will never be), I would put an immediate end to the public sector pension system. It is the one reason that they will have unfunded liabilities starting in 2025. Second, I would remove the well-intentioned but quite costly fees/regulations that make renting out a property a nightmare. They were trying to weed out the "slum lord" but instead they have jacked up the cost of housing to a point where you no longer simply compensate. Finally, i would undo the law/statute (AB - 5 if I recall) that affects trucking. 

47 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

If I was in charge (I know that I will never be), I would put an immediate end to the public sector pension system. It is the one reason that they will have unfunded liabilities starting in 2025. Second, I would remove the well-intentioned but quite costly fees/regulations that make renting out a property a nightmare. They were trying to weed out the "slum lord" but instead they have jacked up the cost of housing to a point where you no longer simply compensate. Finally, i would undo the law/statute (AB - 5 if I recall) that affects trucking. 

I remember hearing those ideas from the Libertarian Party as early as the late 80s. (That was probably when I first started paying attention to them.) They are so good that NOBODY from the two main parties will give them the time of day.

Rent subsidies jack up the cost of rent more than anything else.

On 3/17/2023 at 3:15 PM, reason10 said:

I remember hearing those ideas from the Libertarian Party as early as the late 80s. (That was probably when I first started paying attention to them.) They are so good that NOBODY from the two main parties will give them the time of day.

Rent subsidies jack up the cost of rent more than anything else.

In this case, it is not subsidies. For example, lets say that you have a property in Vacaville, CA (between Sacramento and San Francisco). Garden variety suburb. As the landlord, you have certain state mandated screening processes that have to be done a certain way. If you skirt this, you open yourself up to someone overstaying (staying 45 days and paying for 30 as a simple example). Second, the license. Yes, you can do it "under the table" but then again, you expose yourself to litigation and such. Finally, if you undercharge given the market... you get tenants that get you complaints. Hence, why they try to keep up with the Jones. 

Another aspect to CA that impacts them and the neighboring states is the 1031 exchange. To avoid capital gains and other similar constructs.. they invest in real estate and therefore expect high rates of return. This distorts the true cost of providing housing. 

On 3/16/2023 at 7:40 AM, Contrarian said:

⬆️ Trending via Associated Press

San Francisco supervisors have backed the idea of paying reparations to Black people, but whether members will agree to lump-sum payments of $5 million to every eligible person or to any of the more than 100 other recommendations made by an advisory committee won’t be known until later this year.

https://apnews.com/article/black-reparations-san-francisco-5-million-db5680611cb5eb23ef9c0d19f45f3c1a

If such reparations were ever paid, wouldn’t every black person quit their job and rush to San Francisco? It’d be the second California Gold Rush.

With all that cash they could buy up lots of California politicians and lobby aggressively for even more $$$.

I think Democrats will only support monthly or yearly payments instead of a lump sum payment. Democratic politicians need dependent populations.

Edited by Mako
  • Like 1