Are you a Bio-Conservative or a Technological Progressive?

Luz P.

If we don’t understand the role that technology plays in our current political, cultural, economic, and social battles we are lost. Technological literacy is indispensable.

Please check this 9 min. video, I'm interested in hearing your POV.  (It's in English)

I'm halfway through. I like it. He just said something that resonates with me because sometimes I think I'm the only one who notices. Progressives can be right or left. They're most blatant on the left so that's where you direct your fire is all.

But that's not what he's really talking about. The topic is much larger. I just wanted to stop halfway in to go "Yay you, for noticing that bit, guy."

• Like 1

I’m all for science and its advances and I’m definitely pro-abortion; however, what gives me qualms is that the Transhumanism agenda will only widen the have and have-nots gap.  Want to have access to scientific advancements an become and enhanced human?  How much money do you have?  I see us moving into an Elysium world (the Matt Damon/Jodie Foster movie) and since I’m not rich, I worry.

I keep going back to, you'll own nothing, and you'll eat bugs.

That's why I'm a conservative. 

You don't know what you got till it's gone.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Sayings become sayings because there's something about them that makes sense to some important part of you.

But you'll be "deus human," they say. Shove that up your progressive butt is what I say.

That's what he called it, where they they want us to go, right? Deus human?

• Like 1