On this 1st anniversary, I would like to thank...

...the radical left.

Special thanks to the Clintons, Michael Moore, Canada's Liberal Party, Sean Penn, Barbra Streisand, Rosie O’Donnell, Alec Baldwin, Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, Osama bin Laden, hip-hop stars like P. Diddy who worked tirelessly to *wink* “get the vote out” *wink*, terrorists, the NY Times, the CBC, the BBC, and nearly all of the other MSM (with the exception of the credible Fox News), France, Germany, naive young college kids across the US and the world, Canadian liberals, and the many, many others who helped America figure out who to vote for and to get the conservative vote out and helped the Republicans sweep into elections in historic numbers (a record 62 million votes!).

Bush won, no matter how you count it.

In spite of the liberal media onslaught, Bush won.

Not only that, but in terms of percentage of the popular vote, he got more than the “wildly popular” Bill Clinton got in either of his 2 elections--Clinton never ever got 51%; never even got 50%. George Bush did.

Despite the media (who Newsweek's editor Evan Thomas said would be good for 15 points for the Donks), Hollywood, academia, Soros--the conservatives won. The conservatives, who ran on a platform of rightwing conservative values. Conservatives who proudly denounced the millions of innocent babies being slaughtered every year (the "right to choose"), and gay marriage. Conservatives who proudly campaigned on the decision to go to war against terrorism and tyranny in Iraq and elsewhere.

The Republicans increased their numbers in the Senate. They increased their numbers in the House of Representatives.

In the 11 states in which voters voted on it, they overwhelmingly rejected "gay marriage". In every state in which citizens voted (Americans get to do this, unlike Canadians), it was massively rejected, even in true-blue states like California and Oregon. In Mississippi, 88% voted against it. 88%--that’s nearly everybody.

Values won. Moral values won, as well as freedom and democracy. Those who will learn from it won as well as those who rely on America. Canada won. The West won, even the EUrinal/EUtopia (Europe).

The Dow went up 135 upon the announcement of Bush being re-elected.

Osama bin Laden lost. Saddam Hussein lost. Terrorism lost. Michael Moore lost. Hollywood lost. The liberal media lost. University professors and leftist school teachers lost. The liberals lost.

Let's all celebrate this anniversary. Let's all celebrate that the leader of the free world is a moral just man whose goal is to spread democracy throughtout the world.

The 50 million Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan thank President Bush for liberating them from a lifetime of leftwing tyranny. I have my doubts that it wilkl happen, but wouldn't it be cool if the Mayor of Baghdad made good on his claim to erect a Geroge Bush statue in place of the fallen Saddam statue. I'd LOVE to see that, if only to see liberal heads exploding worldwide. :lol:

Thank God (sorry for the cuss word liberals) that there are still men like George Bush in this world. What a difference between Bush and the greedy grubbing bloodmoney-off-the-backs-of-the-Iraqis Jean Chretien and Paul "we lead the world" Martin. (Get real Paul!)

Sometimes I am embarrassed to admit that I am Canadian. :(

What the hell ever happened to this country? From a respected country, Canada has become the laughing stock of the industrial world. :angry:

Hey Montgomery Burns..

Really, if you are that embarassed to be a Canadian, it may be time to consider looking at another place to call home. Perhaps you could apply for US citizenship and renounce all your Canadian ties.

This may be the only solution to your internal struggle with this whole ordeal.

Hey Montgomery Burns..

Really, if you are that embarassed to be a Canadian, it may be time to consider looking at another place to call home. Perhaps you could apply for US citizenship and renounce all your Canadian ties.

Currently, Canadians cannot apply for the US green card lottery.

On a happier note for Burns, which I am sure he knows already, if you are in any way skilled as a doctor you can go down to the states and make a million dollars a year.

Hey Montgomery Burns..

On a happier note for Burns, which I am sure he knows already, if you are in any way skilled as a doctor you can go down to the states and make a million dollars a year.

Green Card Lottery??? Is that different from just applying to become a US Citizen?

Hey Montgomery Burns..

Green Card Lottery??? Is that different from just applying to become a US Citizen?

You cannot apply to become a US citizen until you have maintained residence in the US for a period of time (I think it is about 5-7 years). You cannot just move to the US and live there for 5-7 years, you must register from the US government (the green card lottery) and be recognized as a US resident by said government for that period of time.

Every year, the US government prohibits certain citizens from applying for the green card. At the present time, citizens of the UK, Canada, South Korea, the Phillipines, and several other countries cannot apply.

I do not know where Burns is so I cannot comment on his specific case (I was assuming he is a Canadian citizen though).

I do not know where Burns

There are ways of getting fast-tracked into a green card.

One of these is to have someone stateside hire you.

They become a sort of "sponsor" as well as your employer.

The downside is that the employer has to show that you and only you can do the job he needs you for, otherwise he has to hire American.

The upside is that the employer can accomplish this fairly easily, if he wants to.

Go Burns!!!!!

I'm not for leaving Canada to become an American. We're all (north) Americans. I'm for normalizing or standardising things such as currency, politics and laws so we can travel seamlessly around our continent including Mexico.

I believe with the age of communication and travel, borders will become redundant as will structured countries. Business and trade will dominate the world. Governments will become reduntant as it will become easier for people to self govern.

I don't think freedom can be worn like a patch on your sleeve. It will merely be expected and acheived through understanding and cooperation between peoples.

....after we kill everybody who opposes it.

^ are two of the reasons why many are embarrassed to admit that they are Canadian.

Yes Burns, Bush won the second time.

What is your point? No one is even talking about that anymore...

No one is talking about this? It's a 1 yr anniversary of the triumph of freedom. What is wrong with that? Or is history only okay when it results in American envoy Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam 23 yrs ago - the only thing that matters?

crazymf:

....after we kill everybody who opposes it

You you Islamophobe!!

Dont't you know? Haven't you got the memo?

It's all (sursprise) George Bush's fault!!

If only George Bush hadn't dared to respond to 30 yrs of radical Islamic terror...

Let's all hold hands together and sing Kumbaya; Everything will be alright.

If the West would just appease the radical jihadists, then they will leave us alone...

^ are two of the reasons why many are embarrassed to admit that they are Canadian.

No one is talking about this? It's a 1 yr anniversary of the triumph of freedom. What is wrong with that? Or is history only okay when it results in American envoy Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam 23 yrs ago - the only thing that matters?

Burns,

I am not some crazy leftist. I am also not talking about Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam. I couldn't care less about the past...I want to focus on the future.

It was the 1 year anniversary of Bush's re-election where he won despite an all out assault on him by the liberal media, and where he garnered more votes than any prez in US history.

No one is talking about that anymore?! Surely you jest. The Democrats are still spinning conspiracy theories about Diebold voting machines.

It was the 1 year anniversary of Bush's re-election where he won despite an all out assault on him by the liberal media, and where he garnered more votes than any prez in US history.

No one is talking about that anymore?! Surely you jest. The Democrats are still spinning conspiracy theories about Diebold voting machines.

I hadn't read about the Democrats talking about it but it wouldn't surprise me.

You cannot apply to become a US citizen until you have maintained residence in the US for a period of time (I think it is about 5-7 years).  You cannot just move to the US and live there for 5-7 years, you must register from the US government (the green card lottery) and be recognized as a US resident by said government for that period of time. 

Every year, the US government prohibits certain citizens from applying for the green card.  At the present time, citizens of the UK, Canada, South Korea, the Phillipines, and several other countries cannot apply.

You have to have a Green Card for 5 years before you can apply for US citizenship. Green Cards can come through work, family, investment, as a refugee or through the lottery. Most people do not get it through the lottery. Green Cards are divied out based on country of origin. Citizens of Canada have the second highest allotment behind Ireland (the Irish can thank Ted Kennedy for that) and receive something like 7% of all Green Cards issued. Because some countries get more allocated than others, they are not included in the lottery, i.e. Canada. However, every decade or so, Canada is included in the lottery.

You cannot apply to become a US citizen until you have maintained residence in the US for a period of time (I think it is about 5-7 years).  You cannot just move to the US and live there for 5-7 years, you must register from the US government (the green card lottery) and be recognized as a US resident by said government for that period of time. 

Every year, the US government prohibits certain citizens from applying for the green card.  At the present time, citizens of the UK, Canada, South Korea, the Phillipines, and several other countries cannot apply.

You have to have a Green Card for 5 years before you can apply for US citizenship. Green Cards can come through work, family, investment, as a refugee or through the lottery. Most people do not get it through the lottery. Green Cards are divied out based on country of origin. Citizens of Canada have the second highest allotment behind Ireland (the Irish can thank Ted Kennedy for that) and receive something like 7% of all Green Cards issued. Because some countries get more allocated than others, they are not included in the lottery, i.e. Canada. However, every decade or so, Canada is included in the lottery.

Right,

But to apply through work you need to have been offered a job that an American can't do (like we have here), not everyone has family, investment means you need lots of $$$$ thousands of dollars, refugee is straightforward (Canadians usually wouldn't be admissible here), so while most people may not get them through the lottery, that is how Canadians would get them (unless they had thousands of dollars or a big job like MD or something like that).