Quebec strikes again & Federal money to the rescue

Despite having nearly twice as many confirmed cases of the virus than any other province and nearly 60 per cent of the country’s total deaths, Quebec has become the first province to begin reopening schools and businesses everywhere outside of Montreal. The INSPQ also projected 1,000 new cases of the virus a day and a rapid increase in hospitalizations should restrictions lift.  - CTV NEWS

If the above is not enough, what got me going this morning is this: 

The federal government has suspended shipments of N95 respirators from a Montreal-based supplier after about eight million of the masks made in China failed to meet specifications- CBC

The masks were intended for essential workers.

Quebec over Canada except when it comes to the future federal bailout which will come from the pocket of all of us, working Canadians.

It is incompetence or corruption ?

Edited by Independent1986
  • Sad 1

China is filled with crooks trying to sell cut-rate crap as legitimate PPE all over the world. It's hard to validate any of it until it arrives and can be tested. I don't discount the possibility the Montreal outfit is of a similar mentality, of course.

Almost all the cases in Quebec are in Montreal, which is not opening up again, afaik.

19 minutes ago, Argus said:

China is filled with crooks trying to sell cut-rate crap as legitimate PPE all over the world. It's hard to validate any of it until it arrives and can be tested. I don't discount the possibility the Montreal outfit is of a similar mentality, of course.

Almost all the cases in Quebec are in Montreal, which is not opening up again, afaik.

When you are supplying 8 million of masks for the federal government validation needs to be a top priority even if that requires having someone (direct contact) in China to approve it. 

Funny how the name of the company was not released yet, I would be very curious to see how they won this bid.

Regarding opening everything else except Montreal, only time will tell. Quebec will tell us first how will be for everyone else.

Edited by Independent1986

Pretty clear that the reason why is financial. They are dying in more ways than one. They know, there is death coming for the people in old-age homes and some death in the public, but the facts are very simple here. If we don't get things running we will see more deaths in the public. I have all along we are standing at the very edge of a catastrophe that has never been seen before in history. We are like poor and foolish children playing with matches, but way worse.

I don't have to prove this anymore. Just look and see how they are opening up, while at the same time virus is actually at the maximum infection and death rate.

Our elected leaders are no more than high-paid car salesmen. They are not leaders of men. Trump and Trudeau know nothing about that, Trudeau even less since he knows nothing about anything at all.

Can it be more ironic?

Just now, OftenWrong said:

Pretty clear that the reason why is financial. They are dying in more ways than one. They know, there is death coming for the people in old-age homes and some death in the public, but the facts are very simple here. If we don't get things running we will see more deaths in the public. We are standing at the very edge of a catastrophe that has never been seen before in history. We are like poor and foolish children playing with matches, but way worse.

I don't have to prove this anymore. Just look and see how they are opening up, while at the same time virus is actually at the maximum infection and death rate.