Why did we invade Iraq?

Why did we invade Iraq?

Want a REAL Threat? North Korea!

Want to fight terror? Afghanistan, Syria, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Jordon (among others)!

Want a strategic location? Afghanistan's good... oops, no oil!

Want to liberate somebody? Cuba!

No, I am NOT suggesting war with these nations.

I'm suggesting that Iraq was the least of our worries, until Bush became President!

Saddam Hussein had Iraq in their own little world. He was a wicked evil dictator, no doubt. But a threat to NOBODY but Iraqis. His Air Force was buried in the desert. His Armor units depleted during Desert Storm, his chemical weapons (evidently) destroyed during the 90's. His "Elite" Republican Guard... well, we know about their will, no backbone.

Who we're fighting now are the Iraqi people and people (insurgents) from other countries that came there AFTER we invaded. Those are the SAME people that would have just as well gone into Afghanistan to fight us. In fact, after getting his camp destroyed in Afghanistan, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's militant group packed up and went to Iraq, where they commenced to beheading American citizens and Iraqis alike!

This is also the time that al-Zarqawi pledged alliance with Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda. al-Zarqawi and bin Laden hadn't been friends before this time. I guess maybe GW is more of a "uniter" (Bushism... the proper word being 'unifier') than I give him credit for being, huh? He's damn sure united the Islam extremist's, hasn't he?

I suspect that this is a troll post because no one could be so blindly ignorant of the reasons for overthrowing Saddam, but I will take the bait and, again, post this for the uninformed:

Joint Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq

This was passed by Democrats and Republicans alike in Congress. There are 23 clauses - 12 of which are about the broken ceasefire and the 16 broken UN resolutions.

I also suspect that this is a troll type of post/thread.

-Want a REAL Threat? North Korea!

I see, so your suggesting that we all wait until Iraq possesses nuclear weapons, and then what?

-Want to fight terror? Afghanistan, Syria, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Jordon

I see, so your suggesting that we all ignore Iraq's ties to terrorism, including the funding of suicide bombers?

-Want a strategic location? Afghanistan's good... oops, no oil!

Iraq isn't a strategic location?

-Want to liberate somebody? Cuba!

You mean like JFK tried?

-Want a REAL Threat? North Korea!

I see, so your suggesting that we all wait until Iraq possesses nuclear weapons, and then what?

They were no where close to nukes. Bush put that fear in you. N. Korea on the other hand, HAS THEM!

Are we waiting for Cuba to get them before we act?

-Want to fight terror? Afghanistan, Syria, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Jordon

I see, so your suggesting that we all ignore Iraq's ties to terrorism, including the funding of suicide bombers?

Saddam Husseim "offered" to fund them. Hamas read through him like the UN read through Bush! They didn't buy.

-Want a strategic location? Afghanistan's good... oops, no oil!

Iraq isn't a strategic location?

The prize isn't worth the price. Are you suggesting we're in Iraq to stay? If not what good is it's location to us?

-Want to liberate somebody? Cuba!

You mean like JFK tried?

No, with our troops instead of a half-ass trained militia.