Stephen Harper

What can the Conservatives do?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just saw the following poll at CNEWS.

With such a low popularity rating for their leader it is hard to see how the Conservatives are going to come anywhere close to the 99 seats they won during the last election.

On the other hand if the Conservatives were to change their leader who would you like to see replace Harper. I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as the Liberals have made him out to be, but they have done good job of demonizing him.

What can the Tories do to close the popularity gap with the Liberals?

Elect a new leader.  47%

Alter political stances.  19%

Extreme makeover: Harper edition.  9%

Form a new party.  4%

Absolutely nothing.  21%

Total Votes for this Question: 10208 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Harpers a good leader th eonly reason he isnt getting elected is because half this ocuntry is gay or they are pro abortion activists!

And the rest don't check for typos when they post :P

Sorry, that was meant in fun.

Well, let's see now, that still leaves half the population who are NOT gay or abortion supporters.

So who are THEY voting for???

Sorry, CC, your "reason" doesn't wash.

thank you for the comment on my spelling I amsureiwillcheckitthistime :P

"So who are THEY voting for???"

Harper obviously dummy sorry, but obviously he has 99 seats so the country that isnt gay (by the way I was over exagerating saying half but lots of people are gay in this country) so obviously he is getting votes because the gays and the pro abortionists who is literally half the country are voting libral or NDP and everyone who is christian or not gay (same thing) or anti abortionist arn't going to vote libral because they screw the country, they arn't going to vote NDP we.... i just won't get into that and anyone who is not from Quebec isn't going to vote Bloc because they want to see this country still United so what does that leave them WOOOOOOOOW HARPER believe it or not.

conservaties have 99 seats check your statistics....

We have gay people in the Conservative Party.

I am glad we do, being gay is not a political ideology.

Not all gay people want high taxes and unaccountable government.

Harper is a smart and becoming an experienced leader. He has six months to prove his wears. The last enveronics poll suggests that the Martin liberals are trending down and the Conservatives are slowly closing the gap.

The Liberals will no doubt give us more opportunities in the next six months, and if we are not in position to take advantage of it we should not be in government.

I have a good feeling about the fall session.

Hug a Conservative today, it will feel good. :rolleyes:

what the *** are you talking about he has 99 seats plane and simple. Unless that is your saying it's more than 99 because I havn't checked in a while and your telling me to divide 308/2 which is aproximatly 154 seats?

what the *** are you talking about he has 99 seats plane and simple.  Unless that is your saying it's more than 99 because I havn't checked in a while and your telling me to divide 308/2 which is aproximatly 154 seats?

Perhaps I'm not clear on your point. Are you saying everyone who didn't vote Cons is gay/anti-abortion etc??

And good leader or not, Harper's not effective. They should find someone who is.

Perhaps I'm not clear on your point. Are you saying everyone who didn't vote Cons is gay/anti-abortion etc??

And good leader or not, Harper's not effective. They should find someone who is.

Well tell me if your gay are you going to vote conservative the party that doesnt want them wanderign the streets i know if i was i wouldnt and are you going to vote for him if hes anti abortionists i know I wouldnt if i wasnt anti abortionist and i knwo thats why my parants don't vote for him. But I stand for making all those things illegal or not making that kind of marrage legal so thats why i would vote for him.

Not effective enough.. well thats your oppinion i guess but i guess you didn't watch the news or politics with don newmen where he fights like hell not to let c-38 marrage bill pass and fought like hell not to let other bills like the NDP one pass.

I think the polls speak for themselves. Harper my yell as loud as the other politicians, but that doesn't make him effective.

So in another thread you get pissed off about intolerance in the US, then you say that the party you support doesn't want gay people walking the street? (Which I've never heard from the party by the way) Thats called contradictory.

I think the polls speak for themselves. Harper my yell as loud as the other politicians, but that doesn't make him effective.

So in another thread you get pissed off about intolerance in the US, then you say that the party you support doesn't want gay people walking the street? (Which I've never heard from the party by the way) Thats called contradictory.

It make shim perfectly effective if he speaks what he wants to say

Well I got pissed off because this american is telling me that my country is intolerant of other nationalities or color when their country arrests muslums because of their religion and as i recal we never were predjudice or forced blacks to join are military to make them do all the dirty work. That has nothing to do with gays considering their are very few states in the USA that allow gay marrage.

and no he has never said he doesnt want the walking the streets but he might as well ahve said that because thats mostly what he talks about. Now that Canada allows gays I dont think we are prejudice so...

contradiction I think not

exactly they will alway be here but their is somthing called civil marrage that they had before this kind of marrage was legalised why couldn't they just be happy with civil marrages?

Well, I'm not going to get into that; a debate for another thread which I have no interest in.

But, its good talking to you, and welcome to the forum!! :)  :)

cool glad to meet you. by the way this isnt a joke or anything but what kind of forums are you interested in?

canadian_conservative please change your handle.

I am a Canadian Conservative and you do not represent me.

Please read the policy book.

We have both pro choice and pro life members as do the Liberals. We also stand behind the Charter on the equality for all Canadians. The only difference with same sex marriage was the term marriage. All rights were to be extended. I know to some this was a big difference. But unlike this other poster I am happy to know many gay members of the Conservative party and I hope they continue to feel welcome.

Our policies should be inclusive of this minority segment of Canada. Conservatism is an approach to government and this is not based on the exclusion of any segment of Canadian populations. As our policies are released like it or not we will define around the responsibilities of individuals and corporations to manage their own lives. Not rights but responsibilities defines the difference between a Conservative government and the Liberals.

SirSpanky, you mentionedEnvironics Poll

Note the sample size and the trend line.

I am okay with our position going into the fall. We will be releasing more policy, like the transit tax credit and I expect people will see how we do represent them.

Well tell me if your gay are you going to vote conservative the party that doesnt want them wanderign the streets

Is that some kind of policy I'm unware of? Not wandering the streets? Are you saying the Conservative Party wants to introduce a leash law for homosexuals. Not that some of those leather fetishests wouldn't welcome such a thing, but I'm not aware the party has ever proposed it.

i know if i was i wouldnt and are you going to vote for him if hes anti abortionists i know I wouldnt if i wasnt anti abortionist

I'm not anti-abortion, and I vote Conservative. Why shouldn't I? The party's position is not against abortion.

"So who are THEY voting for???"

conservaties have 99 seats check your statistics....

Well, 99 seats hardly accounts for all the straight, non-abortion types, so most of them are obviously voting for someone else.

thank you for the comment on my spelling I amsureiwillcheckitthistime :P

Teacher always said "Sit up straight, keep your shoelaces tied, and check your spelling"

Oh well, at least I keep my shoes tied :lol:

Harper could come up in the polls, but you can bet the nimrod will either bring Mulroony into the picture or mention him and that will cost him the election.

Mulroony still serves a purpose for those of us who detest the Conservative party.

But I detest the Liberals as well.

Oops, did I reveal where my vote will go. My bad.

Sir Chauncy

Well, 99 seats hardly accounts for all the straight, non-abortion types, so most of them are obviously voting for someone else.

HUH???

I doubt he will bring Mulruny into the picture if he is smart because if he looks at the after math of Mulruny going out Kim Campell taking over for a few months than the election he should relise that they lost official opposition statis with an embarrassing 2 seats as I recall. But if he is dumb enough to actually bring Mulruny into the picture it proves he's dumb and he will have lost my vote! ;)

I doubt he will bring Mulruny into the picture if he is smart because if he looks at the after math of Mulruny going out Kim Campell taking over for a few months than the election he should relise that they lost official opposition statis with an embarrassing 2 seats as I recall. But if he is dumb enough to actually bring Mulruny into the picture it proves he's dumb and he will have lost my vote! wink.gif

PCs have joined with the Conservatives and they still have a love affair with Mulroony and are simply too stupid to understand that using his name cost them votes. They repeatedly used him in the PCs last run.

PC want control of the whole new party and they wont be muzzled by Harper. Harper is a miserable politician in my view.

I was PC for nearly half a century until the Mulroony mess changed my vote forever.

I had actually thought about PC again until they kept bringing up his name in near reverance.

Nope, Conservatives under Harper, and with the old PC members wont get power anytime soon. They need Ontario for the seat count and Ontario has shown our disdain for them.

SC