Did the NDP read the fine Print?

Seems only the Liberals read the fine print in the$4.5 billion deal.

Maybe the NDP don't know Jack.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Columnists/O...eston/home.html

You should really include the right link when posting about something.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Columnists/O...12/1082913.html

Here's the truth about this deal. There was not an additional 4 billion added to the budget.

The 4 billion came about through tax cuts that were clawed back from big business and put into the pockets of the average Canadian!

The Conservatives are dead set against taking tax breaks away from big business.

UNBELIEVEABLE!!! :blink:

Here's the truth about this deal. There was not an additional 4 billion added to the budget.

The 4 billion came about through tax cuts that were clawed back from big business and put into the pockets of the average Canadian!

The Conservatives are dead set against taking tax breaks away from big business.

Troll

Tell me, where do you suppose those taxes come from?

They may as well come from our pockets because the businesses that employ us have to take them into consideration when deciding whether or not to give worthless trolls like you a job. There's only so much of the pie to go around.

Tell me, where do you suppose those taxes come from? 

They may as well come from our pockets because the businesses that employ us have to take them into consideration when deciding whether or not to give worthless trolls like you a job.  There's only so much of the pie to go around.

I've always said to anyone who asks I don't mind paying taxes as long as they go toward programs I care about such as Health Care, Education, etc. I personally don't agree with the Conservative fiscal policy of tax cuts just for the sake of tax cuts. I like the way it's going now, we're slowly paying down the debt, reinvesting into social programs now that our years of fiscal prudence have paid off and we actually can afford it and the economy is slowly getting better. I live in Nova Scotia so I've seen what poor fiscal management could do, unfortunately the average voter hears "tax cut" and thinks it's a great thing, in nova Scotia our Tory Premier promised a tax cut that he knew we couldn't afford, the Liberals took the high road and campaigned against the tax cut and the Tories won. They put their tax cut in and a few months later not only had to raise it back up but also had to claw back the amounts that had been lost because of it. Then of course they blamed the feds for not giving them enough in equalization, even though low and behold those numbers were known months before the election was even called.

I can also be open minded and realize the Gun Registry was a huge mistake, not only in fiscal management but also the whole idea of it was pure idiocy, but the thing is mistakes can be made, and thanks to the sound fiscal management of the past these mistakes can be made without destroying the entire economy of the country.

The Sponsorship scandal is overblown, if you take the total amount alleged to have been taken and divide that by the number of years the program was running it's an insignificantly small number. That doesn't mean I don't think the underlying corruption of the handful of Liberals who were involved is troubling, but when you hear the Conservatives spout off about it you'd think it was a trillion dollar program.

I too am in favour of good programs,unfortunately when the morgage on the country sits at $500 billion I get kinda worried for my kids and their kids and their kids.It's one thing to tax the population,but quite another to create programs that go nowhere like the day care program that Dryden is starting.

He said:

As for long-term child-care costs: "You really don't know," he said with trademark candour. "In fact, you don't need to know because the future's going to decide it.

"I realize that's not particularly satisfying, but that's how it'll work. That's how systems get created. That's how they evolve."

You don't need to know,because the future's going to decide it? Is this the best way to handle a program. The future decided the gun registry,was it not time to stop pouring money into it and redirect it to something more worthy? Or the excess billions that people put into the unemployment fund,where did that go to help people, other than into general revenue. Those dollars could have helped the employed/unemployed people with day care needs. It just seems government doesn't think things through enough,12 years we waited for programs and now with a minority government they seem to produce programs at a whim. This worries me. Why can't the government accept that some of their ideas for these programs are flawed and admit to them and correct them in the interest of Canadians and not carrying on with them in the interest of retaining power.

I too am in favour of good programs,unfortunately when the morgage on the country sits at $500 billion I get kinda worried for my kids and their kids and their kids.It's one thing to tax the population,but quite another to create programs that go nowhere like the day care program that Dryden is starting.

He said:

As for long-term child-care costs: "You really don't know," he said with trademark candour. "In fact, you don't need to know because the future's going to decide it.

"I realize that's not particularly satisfying, but that's how it'll work. That's how systems get created. That's how they evolve."

You don't need to know,because the future's going to decide it? Is this the best way to handle a program. The future decided the gun registry,was it not time to stop pouring money into it and redirect it to something more worthy? Or the excess billions that people put into the unemployment fund,where did that go to help people, other than into general revenue. Those dollars could have helped the employed/unemployed  people with day care needs. It just seems government doesn't think things through enough,12 years we waited for programs and now with a minority government they seem to produce programs at a whim. This worries me. Why can't  the government accept that some of their ideas for these programs are flawed and admit  to them and correct them in the interest of Canadians and not carrying on with them in the interest of retaining power.

Heh, because if they don't retain power they can't do anything for anybody.

I'm not a complete homer, I know the gun registry was a bad idea from start to finish and I never supported it. That being said everyone who's not deluding themselves knows that no government is perfect, they are ran by people and people make mistakes. I think the fact that they are finally looking at a national daycare program at all is a good sign, it makes me feel if I ever have a little one runnin around I won't have to worry quite so much. I just wish that all government would work more cloesly together on these issues.

it makes me feel if I ever have a little one runnin around I won't have to worry quite so much.

How do you detach your tax dollar from the government spending so easily. I worry about the progressively growing tax burden we will be under when governments start unsustainable programs.

Other incentives are available to ensure the number of child care seats increase.

• Incentives for businesses to have onsite care

• Incentives for child care businesses, i.e. Non profit status for taxes

• Equipment tax preferential treatment

• Grants directed at those in most need

• Tax credits for those with kids

A combination of all of these things is sustainable and not over reaching like the Liberal child care plan. With $700 million they will only create a small percentage of availability and a new waiting list. Not equal and not accessible.