The future of Paul Martin

Any speculation on the future of the PM? Overall, is he right now an asset or a liability to the Liberal Party?

They have managed, barely, to put off the election - likely for a year. Will they use that time to put in place a younger leader with less baggage? No matter what he says or does, Martin will be seen as connected to Adscam, part of an Old Guard that taints the party.

He is old, and looks exhausted.

I do not see Stronach as ever leading the Liberals or even being a serious contender.

Frank MacKenna - the saviour returning from the wilderness after a short stint hning an international statesman image?

Perhaps a wild card, Brian Tobin?

Any speculation on the future of the PM?  Overall, is he right now an asset or a liability to the Liberal Party? 

They have managed, barely, to put off the election - likely for a year.  Will they use that time to put in place a younger leader with less baggage?  No matter what he says or does, Martin will  be seen as connected to Adscam, part of an Old Guard that taints the party.

He is old, and looks exhausted.

I do not see Stronach as ever leading the Liberals or even being a serious contender.

Frank MacKenna - the saviour returning from the wilderness after a short stint hning an international statesman image?

Perhaps a wild card, Brian Tobin?

I like Martin, but I'd kill to get McKenna, It sucked when he didn't run before, but Martin already had it sewed up so it wouldn't have done a lot of good.

It is time for some of our true liberals to run for leadership.These people have crossed the floor from other parties and therefore truly believe in our tactics to remain in power.I believe our leader has put them on the front stage of the liberal party for no other reason,and he will pass the torch to whichever person has crossed the floor with the most dignity!