Autistic Child,US Citizen Mom,& Canadian Injustice

My name is Christine Conklin Howarth. I am a new member of this discussion board and this is my first post. Please click the link below to be taken to a Family Rights website that has posted my story.

http://news.familyrights.us/archive/2005/m...of_autistim.htm

If you can not click on the link above, please just copy and paste the address or click on the link below which leads to a health/wellness site that also has posted my story.

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/auti...tism-letter.htm

Also, I have included this link where anyone interested can view pictures of my son. One folder contains photos of my son before he was removed from my home. The second folder shows my son in Canadian Ministry of Children and Families "care."

http://photos.yahoo.com/christineconklinhowarth

THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO STOP TERRORIZING ME AND MY AUTISTIC CHILD.

You can help us get back home to the USA. Please bring this matter to the attention of your friends, community, and government officials.

Thank You,

Christine

Hi Christine,

I've read your letter, and I think you have done an excellent job of expressing your side of the issue. I found it very persuasive.

I am not an expert at battling government bureaucracies, but I suspect that your best chance might be to go to media people with this. This is the sort of situation where muck-rakers like the Sun chain of papers actually have a role to play; unfortunately I don't recall Victoria having anything of the sort. However, I do recall that there is a local news radio station, and an independent local TV station; these sorts of outlets often have a "troubleshooter" or at the very least an editorialist who is willing to listen to "the little guy." I think that your persuasive letter would get the attention of someone like that, who would be able to stir up some fuss over your case. I would also suggest looking at media outlets in the Seattle/Bellington area: virtually everybody in Victoria (and the Greater Vancouver area) has access to these stations, and I am sure that if your story made the news in Seattle, it would spur a lot of response in Victoria.

From your letter, I get the impression that the child welfare services have been able to shift all the focus to you. I think that putting this to the media would put some of the focus on the child welfare people as well.

-kimmy

{hoping things work out for the best. :) }

Unfortunately, it is difficult to comment too much as we can only hear your side of the story. We do have a vicious right wing government in power at this time that does not like to support children or families in trouble. They don't like spending the money on people; if you won't make them and their rich friends richer, they just don't care. They made many cuts to children's ministries.

You might try contacting some of the NDP candidates for help with your problems; they are a little more humane towards people. Good luck. Hope your little boy get the help he needs.