Money Collecting (notes, coins, certificates)

I figured this thread would fit better under Travel/Leisure/Sports even though I got the idea from a business/economy topic about why we're still using physical money.

Personally I hope we keep using it because I collect it.  "Real" money is neat.  I have a large paper money collection I refer to as my "Dictator's Hall of Fame".  Not too much American money, though; but I do have a $1 and $5 silver certificates from the 1930's.  The most rare thing I had was a 1919 10,000 rouble note with little hammers and sickles all over it and "Worker's of the World Unite!" around the edges in different languages.  My biggest mistake was selling it when I was hard up for real money.

I have a few coins, but nothing near what I have in paper.  Mostly Kennedy half dollars.  I also have some unissued stock and bond certificates that look great.

Anyone else into money-collecting?

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 8/5/2017 at 3:22 AM, JamesHackerMP said:

I figured this thread would fit better under Travel/Leisure/Sports even though I got the idea from a business/economy topic about why we're still using physical money.

Personally I hope we keep using it because I collect it.  "Real" money is neat.  I have a large paper money collection I refer to as my "Dictator's Hall of Fame".  Not too much American money, though; but I do have a $1 and $5 silver certificates from the 1930's.  The most rare thing I had was a 1919 10,000 rouble note with little hammers and sickles all over it and "Worker's of the World Unite!" around the edges in different languages.  My biggest mistake was selling it when I was hard up for real money.

I have a few coins, but nothing near what I have in paper.  Mostly Kennedy half dollars.  I also have some unissued stock and bond certificates that look great.

Anyone else into money-collecting?

Not me, but that's interesting.