So this is why I'll be voting Conservative

Then you agree?

We are all crooks. Or are you holier then thou?

You have never been fraudulent once in your life with your taxes?

I'd be surprised if 1% of our population is clean on this one throughout his life time.

I had a speeding ticket once I admit, but the traffic was heavier than I expected and I was late for an international flight. I paid my debt to society.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a speeding ticket once I admit, but the traffic was heavier than I expected and I was late for an international flight. I paid my debt to society.

And your not part of the conservatives?

There you have it folks.

Crooks exist in Liberal and NDP formats as well.

Well I guess I came under a different level of "crook" as you put it. They didn't put me in leg irons and handcuffs like your boy.

And he will pay his dept to society as you eloquently put.

I'm sure Harper wasn't holding a gun to his head forcing him to commit fraud.

Edited by Freddy

He is doing it as we speak. I suspect he's not the last. Let's see, just over a week Wright takes the stand.

That it's a Liberal government . A Conservative government or a NDP government . My opinions is, the level of fraud will remain at arround the same level.

The same proportion of crooks exist in Liberal minded population and NDP minded population. As the conservative minded population.

Edited by Freddy

Enjoy your world of generalizations.

It's clear that you are the one generalizing when you have put all conservatives in the same bag as crooks, in your earlier post.

They are the only ones who have formed government in the last little while. So you want to vote them out based on the fact they have fraudulent members, and you want to replace them with a other political partie that has the same amount of crooks within their membership. Your living in a imaginary world my friend.

Edited by Freddy

As the conservatives have been the only ones to govern in the last little while, it's showing a disproportionate number of conservatives.

My argument is:

The same level of crooks exist in every political parties. As it dose in our general population.

It may seem as the conservatives are the only crooks right now, as they have been the only ones with the power to act fraudulently.

Do you understand my argument ?

Edited by Freddy

Reason One. Stability

The self serving promise by both Liberals and NDP to change the way we do elections in Canada is very concerning to me.

Reason One is a bad joke considering that Harper's "stability" was based on turning Canada into a petrostate complete with an over-valued petrodollar that was killing manufacturing in Ontario and Quebec. We would have ended up as Saudi Arabia north if it wasn't for the collapse in oil prices....and the end of this suicidal dream of turning massive quantities of tar sands into oil products!

On elections: Harper is the one who is trying to change the way we do elections in Canada...i.e. Americanize our system with more corporate money and longer election cycles.

Reason Two. Energy

I think cap and trade is moronic policy which increases the price of power, which damages the economy. Just look at what the Liberals have done to Ontario in doubling the cost of power here. It also increases the cost of heating and of gasoline. Think the Liberals or NDP will mention that even once? Nope! How much will this cap and trade scheme cost us? They'll tells us after they're in power. I also don'think it does a thing to help the environment. It just chases manufacturers to third world countries where there are no such schemes.

Yes, cap and trade is idiotic...so were you for cap and trade back when both Harper and the NDP had cap and trade proposals to counter Stephan Dion and the Green Party's carbon tax proposal? A carbon tax would at least be better than nothing, as it would put the externalized environmental price of using carbon fuels back where they belong!

What would be needed to stop environmental disaster is a Marshall Plan to bring the carbon era to an end, but no serious leaders in any developed countries...let alone Canada will do something politically risky until civilization crashes.

Reason Three. Immigration

The NDP and to a lesser extent, the Liberals, have promised to increase immigration and focus more on family reunification, which means we get millions more third world people coming here, none of whom are screened for education, job skills or language. That's idiotic! How is that supposed to help Canada?

So, family values includes making sure that immigrants aren't allowed to reunite families in Canada! Immigration is not one of my top 10 issues, but I am aware that there have been numerous scandals through Liberal and Conservative governments regarding these policies favouring "skilled workers" and foreign investors.

Reason Four. Quebec

I've rather enjoyed this brief interlude where the government of Canada wasn't primarily concerned with pleasing Quebec. I don't really want to go back to that again, which a Mulcair or Trudeau government promises. Both, for example, have promised that all new Supreme Court appointees will have to come from the 2% of Canadians (mostly Francophone) who are fluently bilingual. Why? To pander to Quebec, of course, and the hell with how second or third rate the new judges are.

Maybe the problem is not enough Canadians being bilingual then. Since courts work in two official languages, should any Supreme Court judges be hired who need interpreters?

As the conservatives have been the only ones to govern in the last little while, it's showing a disproportionate number of conservatives.

My argument is:

The same level of crooks exist in every political parties. As it dose in our general population.

It may seem as the conservatives are the only crooks right now, as they have been the only ones with the power to act fraudulently.

Do you understand my argument ?

Your argument seems only to try to offset one parties transgressions because another party may have made some as well. It's a regressive stance at the outset, and it the last 10 years the current party in power has certainly done their share, either criminally, or with contempt for our constitution. Time to throw those bums out and remind whoever takes their place we will hold their feet to the fire.

Reason One is a bad joke considering that Harper's "stability" was based on turning Canada into a petrostate complete with an over-valued petrodollar that was killing manufacturing in Ontario and Quebec. We would have ended up as Saudi Arabia north if it wasn't for the collapse in oil prices....and the end of this suicidal dream of turning massive quantities of tar sands into oil products!

His oil sand plans were rather binary in thinking. Harper didn't seem to anticipate the world would react hostile, to the new supply Canada & other countries was providing. It showed he was a bit lacking, vision wise in this global economy market. Even though energy independence has been achieved. It's not as great as we all had first dreamed.

We are still better off for it in my opinion, Even though it's not as good as we first anticipated.

Edited by Freddy

Your argument seems only to try to offset one parties transgressions because another party may have made some as well. It's a regressive stance at the outset, and it the last 10 years the current party in power has certainly done their share, either criminally, or with contempt for our constitution. Time to throw those bums out and remind whoever takes their place we will hold their feet to the fire.

I'll leave that work to the RCMP.

I'm not looking in the past. I'm fully anticipating any government that it's Liberal or NDP or conservatives, will have the same level of fraud, in the future.

I want the RCMP to do their jobs

Edited by Freddy

So you have now confirmed you don't like the British parliamentary model of democracy, the system of gov't upon which Canada's is based. You are aware England's gov't is usually a formal coalition, aren't you?

Britain has used a "formal coalition" (meaning members of different parties sitting in the Cabinet) twice in modern history: 1) During WW II; and 2) During the last Cameron government, from 2011 to 2015. It is in fact very rare in the U.K. What's your next pearl of wisdom?

Edited by jbg

I suspect a lot of that comes from A: seeing the writing on the wall and then B: getting the pension going before the rules change.

I'd suspect it's B, but no one wants to admit it.

It's not hard to understand. If one option gave you more money then a other option on guard? Which option would you choose?

I'll take more money over less money everyday. We are all looking out for our best financial interest. You can't fault someone for doing that.

Edited by Freddy