Why are so few willing to discuss the science?

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I didnt advance it. Structural engineers did. You know, guys who actually know about how buildings are constructed, ad destructed. The term and what it refers is standard knowledge.

No, no, you don't understand, these conspiracy nuts are all educated on the important details far more than structural engineers. It's like Chomsky said, these people spend an hour reading a web site on the internet and suddenly they're physicists.

No, not aluminum, Michael.

Yes, aluminum, you know, from the planes.

You flat out ignore all the people, the USGS, FEMA , Rudy G, ... who described molten steel.

There are pictures of molten steel, you saw them, if you watched the videos presented.

Hey, here's an idea. You drop some steel girders a thousand feet, drop a billion tons of stuff on them, and let them burn for some days under all that debris. Might be a little melting there along the way...

The laws of physics, Newton's laws are not science fiction.

Oh come on. You know you don't care about the laws of science. You're like those radical crazies who read a complicated work like the bible, but only take from it those parts which reinforce what you want to see. You act like you're the skeptic, disbelieving the government and the mainstream media, but it's actually you who are the true believer trying to convince us skeptics that you're not nuts. And failing, btw. You've taken isolated bits and pieces of a massively complicated thing, strung them together with odd going on crazy interpretations of the science, and proclaimed yourselves geniuses and the rest of us sheep.

Michael: NIST addressed Thermite in their report:

No, they didn't. They dismissed it out of hand.

Everyone who knows anything about thermite dismissed it out of hand. Which is why the 911 nuts have invented a new type of thermite which doesn't actually exist, but which they suggest COULD exist, and if it DID then it would be responsible!

Yet the very idea of using thermite was itself an invention to cover why nobody heard the tremendous multiple explosions which would have had to occur if these buildings were blown down by controlled demolition!

Look at all the slanderous comments that are regularly levelled at those who disagree with the official theory.

Conspiracy theorists, whackos, nutty ... , ... .

They're not slanderous if they're true. ;)

My favorite is one called 'Eye Witness 9/11'. This was done from the Jersey side in Hoboken I believe.

It is an hour and 40 minutes, but he does capture explosion sounds before the collapse of the buildings.

Visually you can see smoke rising from the base of the towers after the loud explosion sounds.

By far this was the most compelling for explosives being used. But, make up your own mind.

I remember seeing an interview with a guy who does controlled demolitions. When the interviewer said people heard explosions his answer was something like "What does an explosion sound like? To people not involved in ordnance, any loud bang sounds like an explosion." Did you see the documentary where the cameraman went into WTC2 with one of the first fire crews? Bodies hitting the ground sounded like explosions. In some cases elevators were blown down to the lobby and halfway across it. Then there's air pressure, blowing dust and debris out in all directions.

There were hundreds of firefighters and cops there, along with thousands of civilians. They weren't across the river in Jersey, and they didn't hear or see these explosions. So I'm sorry if I discount what some amateur wackos playing around with cell phone recordings from New Jersey have concluded.

Edited by Argus

Argus: Hey, here's an idea. You drop some steel girders a thousand feet, drop a billion tons of stuff on them, and let them burn for some days under all that debris. Might be a little melting there along the way...

-----------

Correct me if I'm wrong, Argus, but I believe you said at the beginning of this discussion that this stuff was beyond you. How did you get yourself up to speed so quickly?

Where did you get your little idea? Is it your own or is it from an outside source?

Argus: Everyone who knows anything about thermite dismissed it out of hand. Which is why the 911 nuts have invented a new type of thermite which doesn't actually exist, but which they suggest COULD exist, and if it DID then it would be responsible!

----------

Dismissing something out of hand doesn't sound very scientific. Do you think such an approach is scientific?

Could you tell me the name of this new type of thermite that doesn't actually exist?

Edited by Je suis Omar

No, no, you don't understand, these conspiracy nuts are all educated on the important details far more than structural engineers. It's like Chomsky said, these people spend an hour reading a web site on the internet and suddenly they're physicists.

And when the first set of physics fails, there is always another website with new ones. Although I believe that source has cratered as far as anything new so they have to dig deep these days. A bit of a waste of time, but it keeps some folks occupied.

Here is one, there are many others.

http://www.debunking911.com/moltensteel.htm

Your source says,

"Yet, there is enough evidence to point to the glow being aluminum. (Anyone saying they KNOW what the substance is would be lying. I won't pretend to KNOW it's aluminum because I don't. The NIST doesn't say they KNOW either. They only conclude it's aluminum because it's the most likely, given the evidence.)"

Are assumptions science?

Edited by Je suis Omar

Your source says,

"Yet, there is enough evidence to point to the glow being aluminum. (Anyone saying they KNOW what the substance is would be lying. I won't pretend to KNOW it's aluminum because I don't. The NIST doesn't say they KNOW either. They only conclude it's aluminum because it's the most likely, given the evidence.)"

Are assumptions science?

Give you a hint,,, what are airplanes made of...what is the melting point...what is the temp of burning jet fuel. Perhaps you didnt read the post, or aybe oly to the point that debunked your theory, not unlike most of those types.

Give you a hint,,, what are airplanes made of...what is the melting point...what is the temp of burning jet fuel. Perhaps you didnt read the post, or aybe oly to the point that debunked your theory, not unlike most of those types.

They said they can't say for sure it's aluminum and they also state that NIST can't either. I'm guessing that your contention is that two assumptions constitute science and that then becomes your proof allowing you to state categorically that it's molten aluminum.

They said they can't say for sure it's aluminum and they also state that NIST can't either. I'm guessing that your contention is that two assumptions constitute science and that then becomes your proof allowing you to state categorically that it's molten aluminum.

I guess you didnt get the part about steel fails well below its melting point. But come on, dig up some more of that pseudo science junk. I havent seen the stuff for years. Most of the truthers gave up long ago, for obvious reasons, but soldier on if you wish.

I guess you didnt get the part about steel fails well below its melting point. But come on, dig up some more of that pseudo science junk. I havent seen the stuff for years. Most of the truthers gave up long ago, for obvious reasons, but soldier on if you wish.

This isn't at all what we were discussing. You provided a site that stated that there was no way to determine the flow was molten aluminum. Yet you and some others feel you have the qualifications to state categorically you know what it is.

Is that science to your mind?

This isn't at all what we were discussing. You provided a site that stated that there was no way to determine the flow was molten aluminum. Yet you and some others feel you have the qualifications to state categorically you know what it is.

Is that science to your mind?

It doesnt state that at all. It provides some actual science to show its not steel, but aluminum, with some additives it picked up as it flowed across the office floors after impact.

Do you know how to copy and paste? Or write the first few words of the appropriate section?

NIST concluded that the source of the molten material was aluminum alloys from the aircraft, since these are known to melt between 475 degrees Celsius and 640 degrees Celsius (depending on the particular alloy), well below the expected temperatures (about 1,000 degrees Celsius) in the vicinity of the fires. Aluminum is not expected to ignite at normal fire temperatures and there is no visual indication that the material flowing from the tower was burning.

Pure liquid aluminum would be expected to appear silvery. However, the molten metal was very likely mixed with large amounts of hot, partially burned, solid organic materials (e.g., furniture, carpets, partitions and computers) which can display an orange glow, much like logs burning in a fireplace. The apparent color also would have been affected by slag formation on the surface."

NIST concluded that the source of the molten material was aluminum alloys from the aircraft, since these are known to melt between 475 degrees Celsius and 640 degrees Celsius (depending on the particular alloy), well below the expected temperatures (about 1,000 degrees Celsius) in the vicinity of the fires. Aluminum is not expected to ignite at normal fire temperatures and there is no visual indication that the material flowing from the tower was burning.

Pure liquid aluminum would be expected to appear silvery. However, the molten metal was very likely mixed with large amounts of hot, partially burned, solid organic materials (e.g., furniture, carpets, partitions and computers) which can display an orange glow, much like logs burning in a fireplace. The apparent color also would have been affected by slag formation on the surface."

Thank you very much, OGFT.

Could you explain why NIST didn't do tests to confirm their hypothesis?