Israel Treatment of Arab Minors in Custody Cruel and Inhuman - UNICEF

You would think that these things only happen in third world countries, but "The only democracy in the middle east" as they like to call themselves has again failed to act like a true democracy. Arresting children in the middle of the night, beating them, questionable interrogation tactics and of course, holding them in detention without access to lawyers. These are some of the tactics documented by UNICEF, which Israel commits towards minors.

According to UNICEF, it has documented “examples of practices that amount to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment according to the Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Convention against Torture.”

Israeli sources have declined to comment on the findings at the moment. The UNICEF report states that it is based on more than 400 cases since 2009, legal papers, reports by governmental and non-governmental groups, and interviews with Palestinian minors, and Israeli and Palestinian officials and attorneys.

Link

Edited by Hudson Jones

You would think that these things only happen in third world countries, but "The only democracy in the middle east" as they like to call themselves has again failed to act like a true democracy. Arresting children in the middle of the night, beating them, questionable interrogation tactics and of course, holding them in detention without access to lawyers. These are some of the tactics documented by UNICEF, which Israel commits towards minors.

According to UNICEF, it has documented “examples of practices that amount to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment according to the Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Convention against Torture.”

Israeli sources have declined to comment on the findings at the moment. The UNICEF report states that it is based on more than 400 cases since 2009, legal papers, reports by governmental and non-governmental groups, and interviews with Palestinian minors, and Israeli and Palestinian officials and attorneys.

Link

Yes they kill children in warzones and assasinate people too, what is your point?

Its almost like the CIA has its own country.

Edited by shortlived

Sure. It happens in some Arab countries, in some African, in some Latin countries and in Asian countries. So, uh, you have a point?

What Arab country does it NOT happen in?

My point? As far as I know there are no Arab countries with a judicial system which cares about the rights of prisoners, and no Arab prisons where prisoners of whatever age are not abused.

So if your concern is for Arab youths in prison it seems odd you'd be focusing on Israel.

Edited by Argus

My point? As far as I know there are no Arab countries with a judicial system which cares about the rights of prisoners, and no Arab prisons where prisoners of whatever age are not abused.

So if your concern is for Arab youths in prison it seems odd you'd be focusing on Israel.

The concerns of the CJPME cult have nothing to do with the well-being of Arabs, but only with the demonization of Israel.

How do you know? Show something to back up your claim about child prisoners in Arab countries.

To start with Israel cooperated with UNICEF on this investigation and openly admitted it is reviewing its treatment of children.

Israel was open and candid with UNICEF something the anti Israel agent "Hudson Jones" is not here to report-as usual "he" presents an inflammatory one sided sound bite designed to once again play the same one trick pony message.

Israel poo. Israel bad nation. Now he pretends children in Arab countries are treated just peechy keen.

Lol.

I will say this-I have seen children as young as nine with weapons,rocks, knives,and came face to face with one carrying a nail bomb in a box trying to get past his mother who was screaming and asked me for help.

What of course the agent Hudson Jones will not discuss is the fact that Hamas, PFLP, and countless other terror cells such as Fatah HAwks use children as weapons. That he won't discuss. He won't discuss the Palestinian mothers who fight to try keep their children out of these cells only to themselves be threatened.

The difference is some of us lived there and lived it with our own eyes.

No we never want to see any child hurt but when children are brought up in continual conflict they cease to be children and in fact can be turned into lethal weapons-that is the real world-the world where the "Hudson Jones" spins designed to incite hatred don't apply-where blood is red when a bomb goes off whether its the blood of an Israeli child or Palestinian child.

What I would love to do is take this "Hudson Jones" and all the "Buds"and "Hudson Jones" of the world and force them to work in hospitals until they die cleaning the bed pans of terror victims.

I would like once to have them go out and pick up body parts and place them in bags.

Just once.

As for "Hudson jones" feigned ignorance as to the mistreatment of children in Arab countries that speaks for itself. It is a loud testament to his lack of credibility and true agenda and status.

Here is the point. None of you need take his bait. No one with any credibility would pretend not to know.

As well, despite what this agent would have you believe-the IDF, its soldiers, and the citizens of Israel do not relish children,ANY children dying. Neither do Palestinians and in this stalemate children die and are exploited as they are all over the world. Such is the real world- a world where spin doctoring and propoganda agents mean nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Thanks for that. You found something from 2007, Iraq. More of these cases need to be shown in order to validate Argus' comment about how this is an every day occurrence in the Arab world.

Are you serious?

I am serious. Show me how child prisoner rights in the Arab countries are being abused since you were the one who is insinuating that it is a regular occurrence in the Arab world.

Validate your point or stop making things up.

I am serious. Show me how child prisoner rights in the Arab countries are being abused since you were the one who is insinuating that it is a regular occurrence in the Arab world.

Validate your point or stop making things up.

I really don't need to make anything up about Arab or even Muslim prisons. For the most part, they're hellholes with very little regard for rights of any kind. In addition, very few Muslim countries have separate prisons for those under eighteen. If you're ten or twelve or fourteen and thrown into prison you're in with the adult prisoners. Guess what happens then?

http://humanrightsegypt.wordpress.com/egyptian-prison-conditions/

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/rights/turkish-prisons-torture-abuse

http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/info/EUR44/011/2010/en

http://www.univie.ac.at/bimtor/countrysituations/185

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2012/09/25/syria_children_tortured_killed_during_conflict_aid_group_reports.html

http://www.hrw.org/news/2007/06/19/iran-leads-world-executing-children

Edited by Argus

Lol. Its utopia in Morroco, Tunisia, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan Yemen, Saudi arabia, Afghanistan Turkey.

Sheer utopia.

Lol. To pretend there are no international reports on the rape and torture of political prisoners, children and women in these prisons is laughable.

See what we are supposed to do at this point is lower ourselves and send back pictures of children to 'Hudson Jones".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/uhuru1701/2329293153/

Oh why stop with terrorists, lets widen it to all of the arab world:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/apr/25/middle-east-child-abuse-pederasty

Oh but wait, we need something medical and Arabic so "Hudson Jones" can't claim its from a Zionist;

http://www.smj.org.sa/PDFFiles/Feb07/13child20060281.pdf

Now what?

Now what "Hudson Jones"? What have you achieved other than exploiting bad situations for your own personal propoganda

war?

You don't care about Palestinian children any more than you do Ethiopian Israelis. I say it again. You take serious situations and exploit

them for your own purposes. You could care less about who it is in these stories as long as it gives you a basis to make ter another smeer

at Israel right?

Clearly you have never been to Gaza, the West Bank or Israel. Did they not teach you anything in your ivory tower. The abuse of children, women,

political prisoners, communists, gays, people of certain ethnic groups or religions, on and on is a world wide phenomena and its fueled in the Middle East precisely because of the way Sharia law does not seperate state from religion and can be used as a basis to justify human rights violations.

Interesting in one breath you suggest Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East and yet you remain silent about all the other nations of the Middle East and never once discuss their short comings which are far more serious then the very accusations you level at Israel-gosh why is that?

Are you suggesting in the UK, France, Britain, Canada, the US, the way we handle children in prison is perfect? Really?

Lol.

Go on "Hudson Jones" go fish for a new Israel is poo story. This one is spent.

American Women for your interest.. Israel family law is defined by the state. However due the inherent nature of Zionism which treats other religions as equals, it allows Muslims, Jews and Orthodox Jews to go to religious courts of their own choosing.

These religious courts decide divorces and issues pertaining to marriage and custody. The problem is they can not opt out of state laws and so at times they go head to head in a clash or conflict.

That conflict becomes a serious issue when fundamentalist Orthodox Jews and Muslims engage in child abuse or abuse against women. The fundamentalist approaches to these religions condone not questioning men and so cover up a certain degree of abuse and violence against women and men and like for example the current Roman Catholic church, these fundamentalist religions go into denial when confronted with child sex abuse or rape of wives and we get clashes if police from sex crimes units or prosecutors try pierce the religious veil.

The propoganda agent "Hudson Jones" will not of course discuss the fact that in the Arab world, rape of young boys by adult men has always been a not so secret issue.

Canadian soldiers returning from Afghanistan have tried to report the open practice of older Afghani men raping boys out in the open only to be

told to walk away and not talk about it. British and US soldiers too.

Yes we know of the abuse in US prisons, mostly I point out carried out by contractors not in the regular armed forces. Yes we will hear about

Israeli failures with children in their prisoners but you won't hear 'Hudson Jones" discuss the systemic massacre of children in Syria, the mass rape of children by Muslims in Sudan, Libya, Niger, Chad, Mali, East Timor, Afghanistan, Kurd Iraq or to Beber children. That you will not here.

You will hear there is no homosexuality in Iran but not be told of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard raping Bahaii and Christian men.

You won't hear from "Hudson Jones" the recent conference in Jordan that discussed the state of abuse of children in the Arab world. That he will not discuss. He has no mandate to do that. His script gives him zero creativity or leeway. When he steers off his script as you can see he shoots himself in the foot. He can't ad lib too well I suppose if he's questioned too far on his rigid sound bites.

I can tell you this hybrid structure of family laws in Israel is complex. The very Zionist tradition of respecting other religious views allows an opportunity

for people to try opt out of modern law for more traditional fundamental ones where one does not question male adult authority figures.

All religions when they become tight and rigid and close themselves off to public scrutiny create the breeding grounds for child molesters and women abusers. With no public accountability and men given power over the physical bodies of women and children, that power in isolation can mutate very quickly into abuse.

All countries struggle with this issue. All religions struggle with this issue.

I really don't need to make anything up about Arab or even Muslim prisons. For the most part, they're hellholes with very little regard for rights of any kind. In addition, very few Muslim countries have separate prisons for those under eighteen. If you're ten or twelve or fourteen and thrown into prison you're in with the adult prisoners. Guess what happens then?

There is of course, human rights violations in many Arab countries. However, every Arab country is different. So stop with these low-browed generalizations and sweeping remarks.

You need to be held accountable for what you say on here. To throw a blanket statement that Arabs abuse child prisoners, to try to somehow discredit comments about Israel usually only go unchallenged in youtube comment replies.

Let's look at the links where you're trying to prove that Arabs abuse child prisoners:

It's some blog that talks about bad prison conditions and rights abuse of prisoners. There is only a small mention of him seeing a child in prison. This link would not pass as proof or validate what you're trying to say.

Nothing about children.

It's a good time to realize that Turkey is not an Arab country. Regardless, the link has some validity about human rights abuses and child prisoners in specific. It's interesting to note that there is no mention of "held indefinitely, in detention, without access to legal consultation and parents", which has happened systematically in Israel..

This link has nothing to do with the treatment of child prisoners.

No one should have any doubt about the situation in Syria. What's happening in Syria is unique to Syria and there is no one who is supporting them or giving them a pass.

Iran is also not an Arab country. Child executions, or any type of execution is terrible.

That said, providing this link does not correspond with or validate your sweeping statement that Arab countries abuse their child prisoners.

So tell me when you will be able to validate your comment or stop making immature, superficial comments. The reality is that Israel is supposed to be an ally of the West, and they are supposed to be "the only democracy in the middle east". Many of their actions against the Palestinians shows the failure in matching the image that Israel and its passionate supporters try to sell with reality.

Edited by Hudson Jones