Why is Race Still an issue?

Yep. They wrote off the white vote, and the male vote, decades ago. They almost don't even try anymore.

Oh baloney.

The majority of people who voted for Obama were white.

Obama got 52.7% of the vote.

12.35% were black people (of a possible 13%)

The other 40% were Hispanic and white.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And all those Democrats became Republicans after LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Yep Wallace took that 15% of the Democratic party and marched it right into Nixon's corner. Thus began the southern strategy "if we keep our base AND get that 15% we will never lose". It worked for 50 years to, however the minority vote has grown so much that these are the last days of such a strategy winning.

And all those Democrats became Republicans after LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Ahh yes, the old Dem line that they mysteriously "switched sides"

:lol:

Republicans are the party of the colourless individual. The Dems are the party of racial blocks. Everybody knows this. Which is why from a left wing standpoint any person of colour who is a rising star in the conservative movement must be destroyed. The minute blacks start realizing they aren't a big voting block but individuals with aspirations and the desire to rise above dependency is the minute the Democratic party is over forever.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/465059.It_s_Ok_to_Leave_the_Plantation

Ahh yes, the old Dem line that they mysteriously "switched sides"

:lol:

Republicans are the party of the colourless individual. The Dems are the party of racial blocks. Everybody knows this. Which is why from a left wing standpoint any person of colour who is a rising star in the conservative movement must be destroyed. The minute blacks start realizing they aren't a big voting block but individuals with aspirations and the desire to rise above dependency is the minute the Democratic party is over forever.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/465059.It_s_Ok_to_Leave_the_Plantation

Listen there are many African Americans who would vote Republican if they stopped trying to Role back the civil rights act (you have ask Republican Senator Rand Paul about that) or suppress their vote, or jerrymander them into communities they don't belong to so their votes don't count.

If Republicans stopped trying to classify them by their skin colour and pass policies which hurt them I am sure AA's would vote republican as well.

Listen there are many African Americans who would vote Republican if they stopped trying to Role back the civil rights act (you have ask Republican Senator Rand Paul about that) or suppress their vote, or jerrymander them into communities they don't belong to so their votes don't count.

If Republicans stopped trying to classify them by their skin colour and pass policies which hurt them I am sure AA's would vote republican as well.

Republicans are trying to role back the civil rights act? Who knew? :lol:

Black people are free to live wherever they want and are free to vote.

Maybe if the Democrats started treating them like adults instead of how Canadian governments treat First Nations people life would be less complicated.

The single worst thing you can do to a person is rob them of their independence.

Edited by JerrySeinfeld

Maybe if the Democrats started treating them like adults instead of how Canadian governments treat First Nations people life would be less complicated.

The single worst thing you can do to a person is rob them of their independence.

I SAID RIGHT IN MY POST WHICH REPUBLICAN. Want to address that one?

"I don't like the idea of telling private business owners-I abhor racism-I think it's a bad business decision to ever exclude anybody from your restaurant. But at the same time I do believe in private ownership. But I think there should be absolutely no discrimination on anything that gets any public funding and that's most of what the Civil Rights Act was about to my mind."

THIS IS A SITTING Republican Senator who is the son of a man who holds the same views. He spoke at the convention, his father had a video tribute. This is not the fringe of the party these are prominent members. I wouldn't vote for them either if I was Black.

Well then, you must think African Americans are pretty damn stupid for voting this way.

The blacks and the Jews...not too bright? Is that your view?

:)

Priceless.

I can't help what your brain perceives. If you see the world through this lens, that's your issue, bud. :lol:

Oh, it's your lens, not mine, thankfully.

You see, I don't think black and Jewish people are like children, being misled and remaining unaware.

If you can't follow my logic, at least try to follow your own.

Edited by bleeding heart

Oh, it's your lens, not mine, thankfully.

You see, I don't think black and Jewish people are like children, being misled and remaining unaware.

If you can't follow my logic, at least try to follow your own.

Well let's knock these down one at a time, then, shall we?

Cite for the Jewish americans please? Or are the blacks and jews all just one block for ya, eh? :lol:

Edited by JerrySeinfeld

Well let's knock these down one at a time, then, shall we?

Cite for the Jewish americans please?

That the majority votes Democrat...and has for a long time? the overwhelming majority, in fact?

You can't be serious.

That's common knowledge.

The diaspora Jewish people are extremely liberal.

Conservatives have fallen all over themselves trying to figure that one out.

Two prominent Jewish conservatives (that I know of) have written extensively on the subject.

If anything, Jewish support has become more aligned with the Democrats, not less (unless their Obama vote was a slight deviation, which is a possibility).

I can certainly cite the stats for you, if you wish...but I'm surprised that such a deep thinker as a reactionary troll has remained unaware of one of the enigmas of modern

American politics.

Edited by bleeding heart

That the majority votes Democrat...and has for a long time? the overwhelming majority, in fact?

You can't be serious.

That's common knowledge.

Two prominent Jewish conservatives (that I know of) have written extensively on the subject.

If anything, Jewish support has become more aligned with the Democrats, not less (unless their Obama vote was a slight deviation, which is a possibility).

I can certainly cite the stats for you, if you wish...but I'm surprised that such a deep thinker as a reactionary troll has remained unaware of one of the enigmas of modern

American politics.

You: "Oh, it's your lens, not mine, thankfully."

Still waiting for that cite.

You can't be serious.

That's common knowledge.

American politics.

I think it is the community aspect of the Democratic party. All the successful Jewish people I know have not only used their intelligence but also their community connections to rise in the world. The whole "You build it on your own and no can ever help you" idea that permeates through the republican party is not reflected in the beliefs of people I know. They believe that it takes a village and that a rising tide lifts all ships. I don't honestly know how todays republican party ever gets that vote.

Still waiting for that cite.

Here's three I found in a couple of seconds.

All far-left lies, no doubt! :)

Jewish presidential voting can be divided into two distinct eras. In the first period, from 1972

through 1988, Republican candidates for president attracted between 31% and 37% of the Jewish vote.

In the second period, from 1992 through 2008, the GOP share of the Jewish vote dropped to between

15% and 23%.1 To smooth out the impact of occasional third-party candidates, we re-compute the vote

as a percentage of the two-party vote (considering the vote for just the two major parties). Employing this

measure, the GOP captured 31%-46% from 1972 to 1988, but only 16%-24% from 1992 to 2008 (see

Table 2 and Graph A).

• In 2008, Barack Obama captured 74% of the total Jewish vote, which translates into 76% of the

two-party vote. These figures are somewhat lower than the 78% of the total vote that was reported in

the days after the 2008 election based on a much smaller sample of Jewish voters contained in the national

sample exit poll sample alone (see below for discussion).

• Jewish voters remain much more Democratic than the rest of the electorate. Since 1984, Jewish

support for Democratic candidates has been 21-34 points higher than the support from the national

electorate. Similarly, the Jewish percentage of the two-party vote has been 22-32 points more Democratic

than the national electorate (see Graph B).

• Jews have given even higher levels of support to Democratic congressional candidates — ranging

from 71% to 80% of the two-party vote between 1976 and 2000 and from 71% to 88% since 2002.

• A majority of Jewish voters identify themselves as Democrats, and these numbers have proved

remarkably stable over time. In 2008, 57% of Jewish voters labeled themselves Democrats, and

13% identified as Republicans. Since 1976, between 54% and 64% of American Jews have identified as

Democrats while 8%-20% identified as Republicans (see Table 4 and Graph K).

• A large plurality of Jewish voters identifies as liberals, and these numbers too have been

relatively stable over time. In 2008, 45% of Jewish voters called themselves liberals compared to 12%

who labeled themselves conservatives. Between 1976 and 2008, 36%-46% of Jewish voters identified

themselves as liberals and 10%-21% identified as conservatives (see Table 5).

http://thesolomonproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Jewish-American-Voting-Behavior-July-20121.pdf

One of the most extraordinary features of Barack Obama's victory over John McCain was his capture of 78% of the Jewish vote. To be sure, there was nothing extraordinary about the number itself. Since 1928, the average Jewish vote for the Democrat in presidential elections has been an amazing 75%—far higher than that of any other ethno-religious group.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203440104574402591116901498.html

During the 1952 and 1956 elections, they voted 60% or more for Democrat Adlai Stevenson, while General Eisenhower garnered 40% for his reelection; the best showing to date for the Republicans since Harding's 43% in 1920.[21] In 1960, 83% voted for Democrat John F. Kennedy against Richard Nixon, and in 1964, 90% of American Jews voted for Lyndon Johnson, over his Republican opponent, arch-conservative Barry Goldwater. Hubert Humphrey garnered 81% of the Jewish vote in the 1968 elections, in his losing bid for president against Richard Nixon.[21]

During the Nixon re-election campaign of 1972, Jewish voters were apprehensive about George McGovern and only favored the Democrat by 65%, while Nixon more than doubled Republican Jewish support to 35%. In the election of 1976, Jewish voters supported Democrat Jimmy Carter by 71% over incumbent president Gerald Ford’s 27%, but during the Carter re-election campaign of 1980, Jewish voters greatly abandoned the Democrat, with only 45% support, while Republican winner, Ronald Reagan, garnered 39%, and 14% went to independent John Anderson.[21][23]

During the Reagan re-election campaign of 1984, the Republican retained 31% of the Jewish vote, while 67% voted for Democrat Walter Mondale. The 1988 election saw Jewish voters favor Democrat Michael Dukakis by 64%, while George H W Bush polled a respectable 35%, but during his re-election in 1992, Jewish support dropped to just 11%, with 80%, voting for Bill Clinton and 9% going to independent Ross Perot. Clinton’s re-election campaign in 1996 maintained high Jewish support at 78%, with 16% supporting Robert Dole and 3% for Perot.[21][23]

In the 2000 presidential election, Joe Lieberman was the first American Jew to run for national office on a major party ticket when he was chosen as Democratic presidential candidate Al Gore's vice-presidential nominee. The elections of 2000 and 2004 saw continued Jewish support for Democrats Al Gore and John Kerry, a Catholic, remain in the high- to mid-70% range, while Republican George W. Bush’s re-election in 2004 saw Jewish support rise from 19% to 24%.[23][24]

In the 2008 presidential election, 78% of Jews voted for Barack Obama, who became the first African-American to be elected president.[25] Additionally, 83% of white Jews voted for Obama compared to just 34% of white Protestants and 47% of white Catholics, though 67% of those identifying with another religion and 71% identifying with no religion also voted Obama.[26]

As American Jews have progressed economically over time, some commentators have wondered why Jews remain so firmly Democratic and have not shifted political allegiances to the center or right in the way other groups who have advanced economically, such as Hispanics and Arab-Americans, have.[27]

For congressional and senate races, since 1968, American Jews have voted about 70–80% for Democrats;[citation needed] this support increased to 87% for Democratic House candidates during the 2006 elections.[28]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Jews

Excuse me. You said it was, and I quote "my lens". I'm asking for a citation referencing where I said, referred to or even hinted at anything about Jewish Americans. Still waiting.

Edited by JerrySeinfeld

Excuse me. You said it was, and I quote "my lens". I'm asking for a citation referencing where I said, referred to or even hinted at anything about Jewish Americans. Still waiting.

Wait a minute. Race is an issue because most African Americans vote Democrat but Jewish voters also mostly vote Democrat but but but but that is different.

Why is that any different? Oh yeah because you think less of African Americans?

OK I see a confused person who sees the word "black" and starts talking about jews. :lol:

Pity to see the world with such a bigoted lens.

A pretty poor attempt at deflection.

To you, the Democrats treat black people like children.

Therefore, you believe that black people must prefer that, since they keep voting Democrat.

Ditto with the Jewish population.

If you object to your own views, there's a simple remedy.

It's also interesting that a Canadian who considers himself neither a Democrat nor a Republican is "confused." :ph34r:

Edited by bleeding heart

A pretty poor attempt at deflection.

To you, the Democrats treat black people like children.

Therefore, you believe that black people must prefer that, since they keep voting Democrat.

Ditto with the Jewish population.

If you object to your own views, there's a simple remedy.

It's also interesting that a Canadian who considers himself neither a Democrat nor a Republican is "confused." :ph34r:

Ya the blacks, the jews, what's the difference, right Bleeding Heart? You said it. Not me. :lol: