How high are gas prices where you live.

Where I live, the price of gas never broke over 90 cents a litre. And it's been as low as 72 cents. Are you people got used to have gas prices over 80 cents? I think the provincial government should get tax credits for people and companies who use the lowest amount of gas in a month.

You two must live in Alberta where gas taxes are the lowest. Was 93.3 in Victoria last week, 88.9 in White Rock yesterday and 79.9 in Abbotsford 5 days ago. The GVRD [Greater Vancouver Regional District] which imposes a 5 cent levy ends just past Aldergrove which explains the lower prices in Abbotsford.

In Montreal, the prices are now about 91.4/litre. I was recently in southern Ontario where they were about 5 to 10 cents cheaper. (Although I bought gas once for 66.5/litre in Toronto.)

I was in the States too (Boston and New York) where prices ranged from about 1.80 US to 2.20 US per US gallon. That's about 63 CDN/litre to 77 CDN/litre.

Let's face it folks, we should be happy to pay $1/litre right now because it is going to cost you FAR more in the near future. I read in the Calgary Herald where they expected it to be $1.2/litre this year and this does not even take into account the environmental costs. Europe pays much more.

I don't really care because even with the relatively large price jumps, my car uses so little fuel that it ends up being a few $$ more at the pump. I am also looking at buying an even more efficient car next time.