Toulose Killer Was World Traveler;

jbg

Guest Peeves

Investigators said that he lived beyond his means, so that has been recognized. His brother, who said he's proud of his actions, is being questioned by anti-terrorist police. From what I've read, the possibility that he had accomplices or logistical help is being investigated.

The only income he had according to the news story was social assistance. So he flies frequently, lives abroad, and buys expensive guns while on the dole, and we suckers work for a living..,.AND pay taxes so guys like this gets charity? (in France of course, I'm taking artistic license here :P )

Knowing never involves making things up though. Credit is easy to come by in our society. Unless, of course, you're a devout muslim. In which case, it's not allowed.

I would like to refocus on the international connections of jihadis. This New York Times article (link, excerpts below) discusses the international conversations held as a prelude to yet another tragic outrage, the Fort Hood massacre:

November 10, 2009

U.S. Knew of Suspect’s Tie to Radical Cleric

By DAVID JOHNSTON and SCOTT SHANE

WASHINGTON — Intelligence agencies intercepted communications last year and this year between the military psychiatrist accused of shooting to death 13 people at Fort Hood, Tex., and a radical cleric in Yemen known for his incendiary anti-American teachings.

But the federal authorities dropped an inquiry into the matter after deciding that the messages from the psychiatrist, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, did not suggest any threat of violence and concluding that no further action was warranted, government officials said Monday.

Major Hasan’s 10 to 20 messages to Anwar al-Awlaki, once a spiritual leader at a mosque in suburban Virginia where Major Hasan worshiped, indicate that the troubled military psychiatrist came to the attention of the authorities long before last Thursday’s shooting rampage at Fort Hood, but that the authorities left him in his post.

Counterterrorism and military officials said Monday night that the communications, first intercepted last December as part of an unrelated investigation, were consistent with a research project the psychiatrist was then conducting at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington on post-traumatic stress disorder.

“There was no indication that Major Hasan was planning an imminent attack at all, or that he was directed to do anything,” one senior investigator said. He and the other officials spoke on the condition of anonymity, saying the case was under investigation.

While I do not believe in censorship, I do believe that communications to countries that are hotbeds of Radical Islam should be monitored, as well as travelers to those countries.

While I do not believe in censorship, I do believe that communications to countries that are hotbeds of Radical Islam should be monitored, as well as travelers to those countries.

What makes you think they aren't?

I'm saying I hope they are.

I don't know how effective that will be as they would probably be swamped.

I would think that most immigrants from faraway lands would dedicate themselves to Canada and not spend alot of time communicating with Afghanistan or Pakistan. </sarcasm>