BC Crackroom?

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...tion040806.html

VANCOUVER - Activists in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside want a "safe inhalation room" for people who smoke crack cocaine, building on the success of Canada's first safe injection site for those who shoot up with other drugs.

The injection site has been open for a year, operated by the Vancouver Coastal Health authority to serve many of the estimated 4,700 injection drug users in the troubled neighbourhood.

However, Health Canada has never approved the drug-smoking room it contains. That stays empty while thousands of addicts smoke crack, heroin and crystal meth outside in dangerous, dirty alleys.

This fall, the health authority is expected to make a formal request to Health Canada to let the smoking room open.

I didn't realize such a place existed in Van...unreal. Maybe BC Liberals will ask Campbell for such a room in the Leg. :lol:

working taxpayers can't get medical treatment in an acceptable time but we can build a fancy injection site for junkies. Now they want a room for inhaling. by the way, I understand that such a room exists; at the moment it is being used for filing or whatever. They did anticipate accomodating these people.

Is the world mad or is it me. The free needle program succeeded in enabling the junkies to discard their old needles everywhere; playgrounds, bus stops, etc where kids or animals could get infected.

working taxpayers can't get medical treatment in an acceptable time but we can build a fancy injection site for junkies. Now they want a room for inhaling. by the way, I understand that such a room exists; at the moment it is being used for filing or whatever. They did anticipate accomodating these people.

Is the world mad or is it me. The free needle program succeeded in enabling the junkies to discard their old needles everywhere; playgrounds, bus stops, etc where kids or animals could get infected.

The Free needle program for the crack addicts has always been a sore spot for me considering I have had over 10,000 needles in my life, woudl the ogvernment care to subsidize 100% of the cost of my needles when I go to pick them up? Hell i'll give the crack addicts my used needles for free considering I can't dispose of them.