NDP Leadership Poll

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah but we don't expect Singh a small business owner in NS to pick up his family and become a carpet bagger in BC do we? I mean I like Singh but he is no Elizabeth May she was able to spend like 200,000 over the course of a year to pick a very friendly seat after no stop national campaigning for like 4 years. Singh just doesn't have those resources and had really no place to run in his Home province of NS. I just don't see how he can do it.

Regardless it does not matter because Singh gives some Indian minorities a strong role model firmly placed in the NDP!

In Bramton west(high Indian population) I volunteerd for Jagtar Shergil,however he finished third.This is partially because of the lack of strong Indian role models in the NDP party.(at the time)

I should also mention that I contributed finacially to Jagmeet Singh campaign(Bramalee-Goreway) aswell.He lost by only 1 000 votes but since switched over to the provincial NDP and won!

WWWTT

Regardless it does not matter because Singh gives some Indian minorities a strong role model firmly placed in the NDP!

In Bramton west(high Indian population) I volunteerd for Jagtar Shergil,however he finished third.This is partially because of the lack of strong Indian role models in the NDP party.(at the time)

I should also mention that I contributed finacially to Jagmeet Singh campaign(Bramalee-Goreway) aswell.He lost by only 1 000 votes but since switched over to the provincial NDP and won!

WWWTT

Singh is not Indian he is a Sikh Convert nothing wrong with that but he is not Indian in anyway pretty sure he comes from your Normal Euro-Christian back round.

Edited by punked

Singh is not Indian he is a Sikh Convert nothing wrong with that but he is not Indian in anyway pretty sure he comes from your Normal Euro-Christian back round.

Crap. You should have let this go. It would have entertained the hell out of me if you did. :(

Yes I am fully aware of that!

He is still a strong role model for Indians from within the NDP.

I would even argue that someone whom has converted to Sikh religion is an even greater role model/influence as opposed to someone actually from Punjab!

WWWTT

Yes I am fully aware of that!

He is still a strong role model for Indians from within the NDP.

I would even argue that someone whom has converted to Sikh religion is an even greater role model/influence as opposed to someone actually from Punjab!

WWWTT

Not all Indians are Sikhs.

Not all Indians are Sikhs.

Yes perhaps I should say that Martin is a strong role model for Sikhs only.But many people identify the religion with India.

I will ask several of my Indian friends how they feel when I have the chance

WWWTT

Last leadership debate today. Expect another assault-by-committee on Mulcair.

Thanks, I forgot all about it.

1. Ashton never says anything of value. It always seems so generic. I watched an interview with her last week and she was awful. I dont even think she had an idea what corporate taxes were.

2. I hate when they put people on stage behind the candidates.

It's amazing that Weezer has taken time out to have it's lead singer run for the NDP leadership race...

She gets odder looking every time I see her. Lol

She's terrible at answering questions. I know everyone tip toes around the ones they can't or will not answer but she needs to be less obvious about it.

She gets odder looking every time I see her. Lol

She's terrible at answering questions. I know everyone tip toes around the ones they can't or will not answer but she needs to be less obvious about it.

Apparently Ms. Ashton feels she ,"looks just like Buddy Holly..."

And I agree that she's terrible at answering questions...

I watched her on P&P last week and when Evan Solomon asked her about the seemingly untenable position of jobs in refining raw bitumen and not allowing refineries to be built in the oil sands,she did the tip toe tap dance...