GRN 5%

BQ 5%

60+

CON 44%

NDP 33%

LIB 16%

BQ 4%

GRN 3%

http://abacusdata.ca/2012/05/22/canadian-politics-conservatives-and-ndp-...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

the big one! Nanos... NDP lead - first time evah!

%

NDP - 33.6%

CPC - 33.5%

LIB - 24.9%

Funny that,eh?

Questioning the veracity of the Harper Government and it's economic policy vis a vis The Oil Sands hurting the manufacturing sector resonating in places that have been hurt by a high dollar...

Whooda thunk that something like that might work in the more populated areas of this country where the votes are???

Mulcair's personal popularity and the NDP took a hit in the Prarie procinces, and they're now statistically tied with the Liberals there. It will be interesting to see if this is just a short term thing or if the NDP are finished in the three provinces, if so they can't screw up anywhere else.

Exactly how many seats does the NDP have in Alberta and Sask? ONE?

I think its ok for them to speak the truth and tell it like it is regardless, as they really only have one seat to lose and many to gain by being Frank about it.

And the timing is probably turning out to be good coming on the heels of two oil spills on the River.

That said the Federal NDP will hold in Manitoba and gain in BC/Ont/Que with these numbers.

If I were looking at the polls I would be asking where are the Conservative seats going and in which Provinces

I think its ok for them to speak the truth and tell it like it is regardless, as they really only have one seat to lose and many to gain by being Frank about it.

And the timing is probably turning out to be good coming on the heels of two oil spills on the River.

That said the Federal NDP will hold in Manitoba and gain in BC/Ont/Que with these numbers.

If I were looking at the polls I would be asking where are the Conservative seats going and in which Provinces

Precisely...I remember during the last election a few pundits musing that Layton maybe trying to rebuild the "Trudeau Coalition" from the late '70's and early '80's...

It seems that Mr. Mulcair may be in the process of doing just that...

"You can have the west...We'll take the rest!"...

At after Harper killed the Wheatboard thus killing Churchill Manitoba it isn't like the NDP are losing that seat any time soon. Newfoundlander is always living in this world where he just really really hopes that NDP are shooting themselves in the foot. Never however mentioning the much bigger missteps by the Liberals.

Well they lump all three together so we don't kow how they're doing in Manitoba. Mulcair could have given his opinion without criticizing the premiers of three provinces.

At after Harper killed the Wheatboard thus killing Churchill Manitoba it isn't like the NDP are losing that seat any time soon. Newfoundlander is always living in this world where he just really really hopes that NDP are shooting themselves in the foot. Never however mentioning the much bigger missteps by the Liberals.

All I brought up was how the NDP took a hit in the Praries. I'm sorry that you're such an incompetent partisan that you're unable to see that.

All I brought up was how the NDP took a hit in the Praries. I'm sorry that you're such an incompetent partisan that you're unable to see that.

Yah but that is like saying the Liberals took a hit in the Praries. Who cares? It is like the Conservatives making a play for Quebec instead of using them as their thing to kick around or for Fisherman. If they can get them fine but they can win more votes playing the wedge politics with out them.

Forum Research poll:

NDP - 37%

CPC - 30%

LPC - 22%

If Trudeau was Liberal leader:

NDP - 32%

CPC - 28%

LPC - 28%

http://forumresearch.com/forms/News%20Archives/News%20Releases/00294_Canada-wide_-_Federal_Political_Issues_%28Forum_Research%29.pdf

You mean if Hypothetical Trudeau was leader you know the guy who as of right now everyone can put their hopes and dreams into. That is until he starts to take positions.

Not to piss on the NDP's parade because I do support them, but let's not get the cart before the horse with all of this polling. Might I offer I glimpse into the future with a glimpse into the past:

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/politics/parties-leaders/ed-broadbent/ndp-tops-the-polls.html

On a side note, just look at the civility between Broadbent and Mulroney in that video. It's almost unimaginable today. The arrogance and contempt of the united right we have today will be its undoing. I believe real conservatives will not stand for it.

Or who people may not support yet because they don't know what he stands for?

I agree unknowns can be a blessing and curse. What I am saying is a poll before someone has been looked at by the people are useless. As long as the Liberals have a real leadership race it will toughen whoever becomes leader up and make them better for the future that is for sure.

stop. trudeau wont give in to peer pressure and enter the race

hes made it known crystal clear dozens of times that he isnt ready

You know what. I really think that is a good choice for him the party will wait, or it wont, but if now is not the right time then wait for it. Wait till you really truly want it.

I agree unknowns can be a blessing and curse. What I am saying is a poll before someone has been looked at by the people are useless. As long as the Liberals have a real leadership race it will toughen whoever becomes leader up and make them better for the future that is for sure.

Yes I agree. Look at the CAQ in Quebec for instance.