Who is the greatest Prime Minister of all time?

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My vote for the wort prime minister, I'd have to go with Sir Charles Tupper, he was only in power for such a short time, but he had the best worts of all.

Worts?Oh I get it you mean those bumps/growths on the skin that some people have surgicaly removed.

You went through all that because of a typo?

Did you not notice that later in my comment that I had spelled worst correctly?

Let me guess,your a comedy scetch writer for SunTV?

WWWTT

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea of an NDP federal government is quite possibly the most terrifying thing I can imagine. I've never been one to own guns, but that would probably inspire me to start stockpiling them.

When was it in life did you start accepting Canada should not expect too much from its leaders?

Just because you are comfortable in accepting week conservative/liberal leaders doesn't mean every freekin Canadian has to lower their standards to yours!

Start expecting more from your leaders!

God has blessed our country 100 times over and the performance of this country has bein dismall!

We should be at least the fourth largest in GDP but somehow thanks to all our previously combined liberal/conservative corporate/US/British ass kissing leaders they squandered away previous opportunity.

WWWTT

Let me guess, you're a proof reader for the CBC?

A proof reader for the CBC?Where did you get that from man?

I was trying to make a joke.

Let me explain.

I understood prairchikins joke,but it was a feeble one so I made a cross reference to SunTV that does no comedy in its line-up(none that I am aware of anyways).

Actually the CBC is very strong in its comedy department and has some powerfull success!I wouldn't mess with that!

Man I wish I had the opportunity to do comedy writing for the CBC!

WWWTT

There have been many NDP premiers in Canada before Rae and since Rae. Why would his stint as premier be a good "precursor", which I assume you mean indicator? You could have just as easily said, "Tommy Douglas's mandate in Saskatchewan is a good precursor of what a (thankfully unlikely) NDP mandate in Canada would look like." Except, Tommy Douglas is widely considered one of the greates Canadians of all time and his mandate in Saskatchewan was adopted by the federal government.

Seriously. If anything, it might make more sense to say "Bob Rae's mandate in Ontario is a good precursor of what a Rae-led Liberal mandate in Canada would look like."

Seriously. If anything, it might make more sense to say "Bob Rae's mandate in Ontario is a good precursor of what a Rae-led Liberal mandate in Canada would look like."

That a boy Evening Star!

Your attitude is synonymous with phrase "attempting to succeed is the first step in failure".

Set the bar real freekin low and you'll come out smelling like roses buddy!

Bob Rae is a corporate ass kisser now man.He's no better then "how high do you want me to jump" Harper!

I heard him on "Power and politics" with Evan Soleman the other day and he's freekin twisted around so bad he must have freekin nightmares!

WWWTT

When was it in life did you start accepting Canada should not expect too much from its leaders?

Just because you are comfortable in accepting week conservative/liberal leaders doesn't mean every freekin Canadian has to lower their standards to yours!

Start expecting more from your leaders!

God has blessed our country 100 times over and the performance of this country has bein dismall!

We should be at least the fourth largest in GDP but somehow thanks to all our previously combined liberal/conservative corporate/US/British ass kissing leaders they squandered away previous opportunity.

WWWTT

I'm quite comfortable with the strong leadership that we do have right now, it's the low standards of the NDP that scare me.

I wouldn't call restoring the former armed services and ending the long-gun registry inconsequential. Both are against the tide of political correctness that has swept the country since 1964. What were you expecting, the red ensign to be flying this afternoon on Parliament Hill?

How about restoring a tradition of responsible, professional government? And ending the fiasco of the long-gun registry is a major accomplishment, in my view.

I never said that the CPC has done nothing of consequence, jbg. I said that they have been doing little or nothing from the Reform platform!

I will agree that Reform and the PCs may have shared a view on the approach to the armed services and the Liberal gun registry. 'May' is the operative word because at the time both parties existed the PCs were so small no one cared about their views on anything! I genuinely can't remember any PC views from that time.

Still, while those two examples were on Reform's list they were a fair ways down. At the top were things like free votes, with an MP expected to vote as his constituents wanted and not just toe the party line. A right of recall, where if an MP ticked off a sufficiently high number of his constituents they could force a by-election. Or a Triple E Senate, "Elected, Equal and Effective". Or mandatory limits on government ability to run deficits.

Reform did have some social conservative views in the beginning on abortion and gay rights but although they were perhaps the key targets of its critics they were never "deal breakers". Reform was a populist party through and through. All policy came from ground floor workshops and was voted on by the membership. This quickly diluted the hard core social conservative influence, especially when Manning and Harper both did not support them, stressing that mixing evangelical Christian views in politics would be suicide for the party.

Then when the Party came into Ontario and eastern Canada the social conservatives were virtually swamped out by the huge influx of urban views from urban members.

Anyway, just wanted to set the record straight, jbg. If Harper is indeed working from the old Reform Party's platform list he's started off not from the top but from WAY down the page!

I'm quite comfortable with the strong leadership that we do have right now, it's the low standards of the NDP that scare me.

More of the same old same old buddy going nowwhere too afraid to rock the boat.Set the bar real low and you'll always end up smelling like roses buddy!Good for you man!

But its not good enough for the future of Canada!

Thank God Canadians are starting to wake up and are starting to ask more from their leaders.

Instead of the same crap "oh we got to cut corporate taxes or the big bad ingratefull job cutting corporations will run away with their jobs and we should all be scared because the average Canadian is to dumb to understand trade practices so just trust us or the sky will fall"

Did you see Jim Flarety do his recent interview with Evan Solemon on Power and politics?Evan was way soft on this crank,maybe because he thinks he may take the reigns of the conservative party when "lego hair Harper" is gone.

WWWTT

More of the same old same old buddy going nowwhere too afraid to rock the boat.Set the bar real low and you'll always end up smelling like roses buddy!Good for you man!

But its not good enough for the future of Canada!

Thank God Canadians are starting to wake up and are starting to ask more from their leaders.

Instead of the same crap "oh we got to cut corporate taxes or the big bad ingratefull job cutting corporations will run away with their jobs and we should all be scared because the average Canadian is to dumb to understand trade practices so just trust us or the sky will fall"

Did you see Jim Flarety do his recent interview with Evan Solemon on Power and politics?Evan was way soft on this crank,maybe because he thinks he may take the reigns of the conservative party when "lego hair Harper" is gone.

WWWTT

Bob Rae is the perfect example of why even though Harper's CPC doesn't impress me much I just can't vote for the others 'cuz they seem worse!

I lived through Bob Rae's loopy NDP government here in Ontario. It hurt! A lot! That pissed me off, big time! I was both angry and resentful!

My head tells me that there have and are other NDP provincial governments that are more sensible but my gut is still so cheezed off from what happened to me with Rae that I just can't get past that. Hell, during those times I had to buy no-name KD for my kids!

Anybody who thinks I should just "fuhgeddaboutit!" is likely someone who never felt the pain themselves!

Edited by Wild Bill

I lived through Bob Rae's loopy NDP government here in Ontario. It hurt! A lot! That pissed me off, big time! I was both angry and resentful!

That a boy Wild Bill,blame Rae for all that ails you.For everything wrong and all misfortune we have Bob Rae to blame for.

It was Bob Rae who personally took your job away!It was Bob Rae who had caused the world economy to slump!

The federal conservative government of your hero Brian Mullrooney is to never be blamed or your a commie/terrorist/hippie/lazy/looking for a handout/spoiled mamas boy sending my job and income overseas.

Does that sound about right Wild?

Why is Canada the second largest geographicall country with the largest God given supply of resources but only the eight or ninth GDP?Because of Bob Rae?

Cmon man!Cmon!

Start expecting more from the leaders of this country!

WWWTT

That a boy Wild Bill,blame Rae for all that ails you.For everything wrong and all misfortune we have Bob Rae to blame for.

It was Bob Rae who personally took your job away!It was Bob Rae who had caused the world economy to slump!

The federal conservative government of your hero Brian Mullrooney is to never be blamed or your a commie/terrorist/hippie/lazy/looking for a handout/spoiled mamas boy sending my job and income overseas.

Does that sound about right Wild?

Why is Canada the second largest geographicall country with the largest God given supply of resources but only the eight or ninth GDP?Because of Bob Rae?

Cmon man!Cmon!

Start expecting more from the leaders of this country!

WWWTT

For you to claim that Mulroney is my hero proves that you couldn't have read a single post of mine for all these years!

You are so wrong as for it to be unforgiveable!

As for forgiving Bob Rae, I've never blamed him for causing a recession. I blame him for the boneheaded way he tried to cope with it!

Brian Mulroney my hero, indeed! Why should I bother talking to you when you obviously never hear a word I say?

Are you interested in hearing the words of others in debate, or just your own words as you preach from your pulpit?

I agree they are! Electing more and more Conservatives in five consecutive elections! We finally have good government that's repairing the damage the left-wing loonies did over the past few decades. The country is finally on the right track! CWB and the gun registry now, soon the HRCs and the charter of rights and freedoms...

I agree they are! Electing more and more Conservatives in five consecutive elections! We finally have good government that's repairing the damage the left-wing loonies did over the past few decades. The country is finally on the right track! CWB and the gun registry now, soon the HRCs and the charter of rights and freedoms...

This is a false statement.

The conservative party has only ran in the last four elections.2004 being the first.Followed by 2006,then 2008 and finaly 2011.

And this conservative is only another version of the previous progressive one.

With the same high deficit,US/British corporate ass kissing results!

WWWTT

Brian Mulroney my hero, indeed! Why should I bother talking to you when you obviously never hear a word I say?

Ya thats freekin funny buddy!

Nobody hear is capable of making audible sounds so how can I listen/hear to any sounds you can not make?

You see what I did?I edited out the part of your comment that I felt was unneeded in order to make my reply back to you.This should be adequate proof that I indeed read what you write.

But hey don't let me stop you from not thinking for yourself and being independant from the brain washed corporate media.

And God forbid I in any way try to stop you from ranting about how Bob Rae is somehow responsible for your kids eating KD!

WWWTT

Did you ever notice the date I joined this forum?

WWWTT

That still doesn't explain why on earth you would think Brian Mulroney was my hero! What could you have ever heard me say that would imply that?

Or are you one of those who label people, so that if I haven't drank YOUR guy's KoolAid then I must support his enemy?

As for Rae, I was there and I saw it all. I'm entitled to my opinion the same as you. The fact that I disagree doesn't make me evil, or you either. What do you think this is, rubble.com?

Perhaps you are too young to know that saying that a Reformer loves Brian Mulroney is like claiming an NDP supporter loves Mike Harris!

If you are so new perhaps you should investigate a bit more before you start making wild,baseless and insulting accusations.

Edited by Wild Bill

Perhaps you are too young to know that saying that a Reformer loves Brian Mulroney is like claiming an NDP supporter loves Mike Harris!

I have a good reason to hold my opinion of you!

It's because you write things like this!

WWWTT

Do people know enough about our PM's to actually give an educated response? PET has had probably the most media coverage in modern times to dilute the pool of knowledge.

I vote Borden.

Why?

Not my vote. I voted Harper, but could have voted Borden. Up until this government he was the only one who organized a government without pandering to Quebec. That's for starters.

Edited by jbg