$1.4b per year in Cdn. taxpayer subsidies to Alberta oil sands

jacee

I am starting to agree that all Canadians outside Alberta are tainted by the countless billions in oil/energy money they have received and continue to receive. It is dirty and ugly money, all of it, stained with the blood of noble dinosaurs

The corrupt support paid back to the monstwers in AB is a crime against humanity, a stain on our dignity. Let us end this fiasco for both sides, now.

Let the govt of Canada send nothing at all, not a single penny, to the horror show in AB. And in turn, let not Alberta taint the nation with another penny of resource revenue in any form leaving the province. There is plenty of oil in America and the Middle East for the people of Central Canada, they don't need to put up with this nonsense any more.

Everybody is happy now.

Man. This wins the Suckiest Post of the Year Award hands down.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man. This wins the Suckiest Post of the Year Award hands down.

"Most Agreeable Post" maybe, but not "Suckiest". I haven't looked, but I'm sure one of the "Jack is dead" posts would snow this under easily.

Besides, even without the tongue-in-cheek, the post is exactly bang on.

I would love nothing better than for the ROC to quit "sending money" to Alberta - in exchange, of course, for us not "sending money" outside the province. The oilsands belong to Alberta, not Canada, and all the money changing hands should be left to those of us that reside in the province.

"Most Agreeable Post" maybe, but not "Suckiest". I haven't looked, but I'm sure one of the "Jack is dead" posts would snow this under easily.

I would love nothing better than for the ROC to quit "sending money" to Alberta - in exchange, of course, for us not "sending money" outside the province. The oilsands belong to Alberta, not Canada, and all the money changing hands should be left to those of us that reside in the province.

Then you should get right back out there and start pumping some more of it for us. Show us your real worth. :lol:

We'd ask you guys out east to start making us cheap trucks, but you guys managed to screw that pooch! :lol:

Unfortunately for them, the Korean's and the Japanese and the Americans and the...well...everyone else builds them better and cheaper.

So they can't build 'em cheap because a guy that puts a screw in a seat makes $100 grand a year, and they can't make 'em good because they're built in Canada. Maybe they could build 'em and ship 'em to, I don't know, Kewbek? Or Russia?

What about taking all those laid-off auto workers and having them man the customer service phone centers for some big Pakistani or Indian corporations?

Unfortunately for them, the Korean's and the Japanese and the Americans and the...well...everyone else builds them better and cheaper.

So they can't build 'em cheap because a guy that puts a screw in a seat makes $100 grand a year, and they can't make 'em good because they're built in Canada. Maybe they could build 'em and ship 'em to, I don't know, Kewbek? Or Russia?

What about taking all those laid-off auto workers and having them man the customer service phone centers for some big Pakistani or Indian corporations?

Yeah, as if Albertans drive Korean and Japanese trucks. Well except for those Albertans who are owned by the Koreans and Japanese. And Chinese.

Laid off auto-workers are already re-positioning to manage all that oil wealth Ontario is getting. No worries out east.

So they can't build 'em cheap because a guy that puts a screw in a seat makes $100 grand a year, and they can't make 'em good because they're built in Canada.

$100 grand a year.....yeah sure. And you're Prince Henry too!

Quality rankings consistently put Ontarios auto mfg'ing near or at the top of 84 mfg'ers in North America.

Edited by guyser

$100 grand a year.....yeah sure. And you're Prince Henry too!

Quality rankings consistently put Ontarios auto mfg'ing near or at the top of 84 mfg'ers in North America.

Quality means tweet all, the stock price already made that judgement. Doesn't look like the taxpayers are getting their money back...

Consumers voted with their wallets on what they want. Ta ta market share.

Of course they are, the workers in oshawa already screwed that pooch like I said.

The only thing you guys are repositioning to get that oil wealth is to go on unemployment. Stay classy!

The #1 manufacturing plant in the continent and how did they screw that pooch? US corporate decisions, not efficient workers decisions.

No, with the new technical institute university, the re-positioning is all about making sure that Alberta pays their fair share for once.

The #1 manufacturing plant in the continent and how did they screw that pooch? US corporate decisions, not efficient workers decisions.

No, with the new technical institute university, the re-positioning is all about making sure that Alberta pays their fair share for once.

Alberta does pay their fair share, they provide a pile of jobs and help out with the tsx.

And one by one all every one of those car factories in Ontario are going to close as production all moves back to US plants. You can then pat your unemployed neighbours on the back and repeat your little tale of quality. They'll love you for it.

Maybe they can all get jobs building wind turbines at inflated prices to sell to themselves so they can be operated to produce hydro that the same unemployed can pay for at 10 times the going rate.

It's a brave new world waiting for you. It's going to be magical.

And one by one all every one of those car factories in Ontario are going to close as production all moves back to US plants. You can then pat your unemployed neighbours on the back and repeat your little tale of quality. They'll love you for it.

Maybe they can all get jobs building wind turbines at inflated prices to sell to themselves so they can be operated to produce hydro that the same unemployed can pay for at 10 times the going rate.

It's a brave new world waiting for you. It's going to be magical.

No, what is actually magical now is that the voters of Ontario decide Albertans fate every single time. With more and more people flocking here to make their dreams come true. They go where the money and success is.

Although the good news is that Alberta is leading the country in developing the new self-service Tim Hortons.

With more and more people flocking here to make their dreams come true.
You're living in the past, a popular pastime in historic Ontario. Check the latest immigration stats, fewer people all the time are choosing the Center of the Universe. They can see what you cannot.

Didn't GM just announce that extra production of the very popular Equinox won't be done in Canada but in the southern US, at about 1/2 the labour cost? Any spidey-sense feeling of impending doom ?

Well I shouldn't be surprised that some used this topic to slam the east. I am a bit surprised that corporate subsidies used as political payoffs doesn't seem to concern people, as long as it's payoffs to Alberta Conservatives through oil companies.

Let me explain again:

I'm suggesting that the corporate 'subsidies' are not for the oil companies at all, but are political payoffs going into the pockets of conservative backers.

I'm suggesting that the government subsidies don't do anything within the oil company: They just FLOW THROUGH profitable oil companies directly into the pockets of shareholders as payback for their political contributions.

That's my theory.

Prove me wrong anyone?

Edited by jacee

The entitlement to the wealth, energy, future? Born in the greatest Province ever created by God himself! Yes Canadians grovel, grovel you are unworthy of non-corruption. Dig! Dig! Faster! Faster! Get it before anyone realizes its gone. What the magority of Canadians want is a healthy future to evolve out of this black mess. Does Alberta have a plan after they've exported all their wealth, hat in hand back to Ottawa? You do realize it will end...you do right?

You're living in the past, a popular pastime in historic Ontario. Check the latest immigration stats, fewer people all the time are choosing the Center of the Universe. They can see what you cannot.

Ontario is the home to 1/3 of immigrants every year. Between Ontario and Quebec, more than half. They keep flocking to Ontario, land of opportunity. Heck, almost double the people would rather go to BC or QC than AB. They can see what you cannot.

Didn't GM just announce that extra production of the very popular Equinox won't be done in Canada but in the southern US, at about 1/2 the labour cost? Any spidey-sense feeling of impending doom ?

Sigh, all we have is the popular Camaro and Impala along with the Regal. But my spidey sense is tingling with some news about a new hybrid. No need to put sand in our tanks.

Now how be you go out back to that cow pasture and rustle us up some steaks. You'll have to pay for your Timmies somehow.

Edited by Shwa

Well I shouldn't be surprised that some used this topic to slam the east. I am a bit surprised that corporate subsidies used as political payoffs doesn't seem to concern people, as long as it's payoffs to Alberta Conservatives through oil companies.

Let me explain again:

I'm suggesting that the corporate 'subsidies' are not for the oil companies at all, but are political payoffs going into the pockets of conservative backers.

I'm suggesting that the government subsidies don't do anything within the oil company: They just FLOW THROUGH profitable oil companies directly into the pockets of shareholders as payback for their political contributions.

That's my theory.

Prove me wrong anyone?

Come on jacee, everyone knows it's equalization payments in a form that will get the CPC re-lected in AB. Gotta be sensitive to that touchy Albertan pride or the oil production will fall while they keep reaching for the kleenex.

Edited by Shwa