Imagine Pegy Nash as PM

lukin

And 69% of Canadians didn't vote NDP.....and 81% didn't vote for the Liberals.....What's your point?

So you've got a hunch the 61% of Canadians are likeminded…….too bad they didn’t vote the same way……

Liberals & NDP are left wing parties I think its very safe to assume their supporters do not like Harper

If you're a real Canadian you will not like what Harper has done to this country

Edited by olp1fan

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

Liberals & NDP are left wing parties I think its very safe to assume their supporters do not like Harper

If you're a real Canadian you will not like what Harper has done to this country

A real Canadian eh? If the NDP and LPC are so likeminded.....why don't they merge? :lol:

Guest Derek L

Why would 2 parties with historical pasts merge?

We're not desperate like the PC and Reformers were

:lol:

Enjoy these next three years because its the last you'll see of the conservative party being relevant in Canadian politics for a decade

Yup, I agree, the LPC and NDP shouldn’t merge…….And wait till the seat redistribution takes place………The Tories will be in power for the next three election cycles…..

:lol:

Yup, I agree, the LPC and NDP shouldn’t merge…….And wait till the seat redistribution takes place………The Tories will be in power for the next three election cycles…..

yeah one way to keep cons voting for you is to ignore your huge religious base and ignore the issues of abortion, gay marriage

that will get you re elected with a majority

not

Guest Derek L

yeah one way to keep cons voting for you is to ignore your huge religious base and ignore the issues of abortion, gay marriage

that will get you re elected with a majority

not

:huh:

Was abortion, gay marriage and religion an election issue?

:huh:

Was abortion, gay marriage and religion an election issue?

you cant tell me harpers voters are gonna be happy with him not doing anythinh bout gay marriage now that he CAN repeal it

the economy is an election issue and in 3 years if its not righted why should anyone vote conservative?

was promising to support Israel an election issue?

It's pretty tiresome to here this constant bitching about our deficit coming from the parties who have done nothing but whine about needing to spend more money on stimulus, more on ei, more more more. At first the government was wrong because they said we didn't need stimulus, then they were wrong when they spent the money because it wasn't enough, then, oh look, wrong again for spending the money on a stimulus. WTF people, are you that brain damaged? Yea they were terrible for doing that and bailing out the automakers, even though that is EXACTLY what the libs and NDP wanted...

You know, politicians lie for a living, but that doesn't mean we have to be equally dishonest, I don't like everything this government is doing either, but maybe instead of whining about military spending you should ask why the libs desperately underfunded the military for so long. If we are going to have a military we need to buy equipment at some point, same as new prisons, at some point the old ones need to be replaced. But then some of you would be happy to disband the military and close the prisons, you're fools, but there you have it.

Should we count how many service men died or were injured in a sea king after king jean spent hundreds of millions to cancel a purchase of helicopters that were desperately needed? At some point those chickens come home to roost, fortunately this government cares enough to equip our people a little better.

Edited by grogy

you cant tell me harpers voters are gonna be happy with him not doing anythinh bout gay marriage now that he CAN repeal it

the economy is an election issue and in 3 years if its not righted why should anyone vote conservative?

You really believe that a lot of people voted for Harper because of gay marriage?

Wow.

Guest Derek L

I’m a member of the party……repeal of same sex marriage isn’t on the table……You have anything to suggest (as an outsider), to me (an insider) that this isn’t the case? News to me….

You've got a crystal ball? The economy wasn’t exactly smoking when they got their majority a few months ago…..

Not that I know of…….Is opposing Israel a party position of the NDP and LPC? What's your point?

why do we need a big military when we have NORAD and NATO?

why do we need more prisons when crime rate is at its lowest point?

lol, just what the hell do you think NORAD is? NATO? so..we have a defense pact with a group of nations but should not have the equipment with which to honor it..sigh.

Guest Derek L

why do we need a big military when we have NORAD and NATO?

Have the Tories vastly expanded the military? They’ve invested in it, but that’s a prerequisite to our contribution of both NORAD and NATO.

why do we need more prisons when crime rate is at its lowest point?

Many of the current prisons are falling apart……The crime bill was an election platform….obviously didn’t cost them politically

Yup. That's what everyone here is advocating. Selling meth-laced weed to children. :ph34r:

What is with everyone and their strawman arguments lately?

I can't recall the last time I heard a con put forward an argument that wasn't laced with logical fallacies... I suppose it's expected as their base can only think in black and white terms.

Have the Tories vastly expanded the military? They’ve invested in it, but that’s a prerequisite to our contribution of both NORAD and NATO.

Many of the current prisons are falling apart……The crime bill was an election platform….obviously didn’t cost them politically

Ask Lyin Brian what his debt cost the cons, and you'll find out where your spend happy government is headed.

Im a member of the party……repeal of same sex marriage isnt on the table……You have anything to suggest (as an outsider), to me (an insider) that this isnt the case? News to me….

So,you are nothing more than a partisan hack?

Edited by Jack Weber

Guest Derek L

So,you are nothing more than a partisan hack?

To some extent………….But that doesn’t mean I support every policy put forth by the CPC…….I have opinions and prejudices like everyone else………Also, each party has members and supporters far out into the fringes, as each party has to keep said members locked up and muzzled during an election campaign…….Over the last few years, the CPC has been trending to the political center with positive results……….If one looks at the records and governing styles of Pearson, PET, Mulroney, Chrétien , Martin and now Harper……….is there real that much of a difference?