Quebec

Oleg Bach

Just spent a week in and around Montreal. Yes their infrastructure is turning to powder. I saw bridge after bridge shored up with chicken wire and steel jacks. The design is scanty - the matierial is substandard (don't blame the road salt)....it is as if someone wanted to build a five million dollar over pass and did it for two million dollars and charged the province seven million dollars.

Those who want something build - on a domestic level or municipal level prefere is "someone from Ontario does it" - someone who actually takes pride in doing something right and money is the secondary reward. For instance I know of one fellow - a former cop..busted years ago for cocaine importation - who is now an upscale luxury car dealer - who on the side runs a provincally funded home for the disabled - who from what I understand still runs drugs...This creep is typical of the mid level hustler from what I could see...now the English areas are well kept and seem to be prosperous....and anything good in the city seems to be things controlled and run by those who are imported from Ontario and other provinces.

From a personal point of view - I did notice when you looked into the eyes of the classic Quebecer,,,,I could see this littlel glint of preversity..deviant....slightly shifty.....a touch of evil that is not as pervasive else where....Oh and also - I did notice that the typical French peasant is on the short side...It might have been the French revolution that caused a twitch in the gene pool - maybe like the cultural revolution in China where they killed off all their aristocrats or anyone who could think...The French might just have this problem where most are liars and cheats because they are not genetically pre-disposed to surive with out artifice?

Listening to local radio , I hear them talking about speical sqauds of enforcers that have been formed to fight corruption and colusive behaviour....when it was said that Montreal and the rest of Quebec take the cake when it comes to being corrupt - it seems to be the fact. I wonder what persentage of federal transfere payments that flow into Quebec - flow into the pockets of the established and lower level Mafia....I would say that the rest of Canada is being skimmed finacially by these guys and we had better do something about sending money to crimminals.

We'll get right on that.

Just tell us where to find these "shifty-eyed" classic Quebecers and we'll just give them a piece of our mind.

Or ... is it just possible that they save their "shifty-eyed" looks for you?

:)

No they don't save them for me. I have a very good eye for judging human beings - I can look at a person and tell you where they have been and what they are going to do next month - The visual arts have been a part of my life for over 40 years - as one develolpes a skill - or touch - so develope an eye. Put plainly when you are raised as a "classic" French catholic the first thing you learn to do is lie - lie to your priest - secondly you develope a notion that your mother is a virgin...which is denial of nature...lastly and for YOU my dear little friend...If YOU think that being a lieing bastard and a thief is fine then move your sorry ass to Montreal - and kick back on some of that kick back money. If corruption is institutionalized - then maybe the culprits to blame should enter an institution for a few years?

• 3 weeks later...

Well Oleg as per usual you've managed to post a bunch of words that are about as usefull as a box of dental floss at a Willie Nelson concert. Well done.

It made some apt descriptions of the quality of Montreal infrastructure.